SeatGeek vs StubHub: Do you want to book your tickets online from a trusted marketplace but are not aware of where to get them from? If so, then you should visit StubHub and SeatGeek, two of the leading ticket marketplaces.
So, are you wondering how to buy from them, how to sell through them? Are they trusted? If it is a Yes from you, then we are glad to inform you that read our StubHub vs SeatGeek comparison article presented below.
SeatGeek is a popular mobile-based ticket platform that allows users to buy and sell tickets for different events like live sports, theatre events, and concerts.
It is known as the web’s largest event ticket search engine. Even if you do not have a specific event in mind, you can easily discover new events in the field you like and love. It helps you compare prices by giving you search result options from different ticket sites.
You can be a verified ticket dealer or someone who bought the ticket in the first go but is unable to attend the event for some reason to sell it on this platform.
On the brand’s official website, you can browse different events, complete and incomplete purchases, receive electronic or printed tickets, and view interactive color-coded seat maps. The website is specially made for mobile but can also work on web browsers for desktop users.
StubHub is a ticket exchange and resale company in the United States that was established in 2000 and has over 20 years of experience in this field. It offers services for both buyers and sellers of tickets.
And it helps you deal with different tickets for different live entertainment events, sports events, theatre events, and concerts. The company was recognized as the biggest secondary market ticket marketplace in America and now is the largest ticket marketplace in the world.
How do they work?
Selling and buying at SeatGeek is a simple process. The procedure is user-friendly and with new modern technologies, buying your favorite concert tickets or listing an event’s ticket is no big deal.
Buying from SeatGeek
- Install the SeatGeek app. It is available to install for free on both the Google Play Store and App Store.
- Switch on the app and sign up for an account if you do not have one.
- After you get your account, in the navigation bar present at the bottom of the screen, tap on the ‘tickets’ menu.
- Search for the event you are looking for.
- Once you get the particular event, tap on it and see the available seats.
- After you have decided which seat you would like to buy, opt for the payment option.
- They’ll ask you for additional details and the last part will be where you’ll pay for your tickets.
- After your payment is successfully done, you will receive an email about your order confirmation.
- The very last part is where you can choose the location you would like to get your tickets to be delivered. Otherwise, you can opt for online tickets to be sent so that you can print them from your side.
Selling at SeatGeek
- Visit their website and sign up for an account if you do not have one already.
- Once you get your account, search for the ticket counter option.
- After you find it, tap on it and choose the group of tickets along with their genre.
- After you are done selecting the ticket group, press the ‘Sell’ option.
- You can start listing all the tickets you wish to sell.
- Once you are done listing all the tickets, move to the next page and it will present to you all the options for listing with the price factor.
- Choose fair prices, and do not forget to compare and calculate all the expenses before choosing the rate.
Users can edit the prices according to the situation on the internet or based on any other reason. They are also allowed to delist them whenever they want.
One of the many reasons why StubHub is the best known in this industry is because it offers procedures that inexperienced as well as experienced people can easily carry out.
Buying at StubHub
- Visit their official website and create an account if you do not have one. Creating an account is not a hard process and it will ask for some general details.
- Once you are done creating an account, sign into your account on their official website.
- With the help of the search for, search for the event you wish to attend. It will show you a good set of filters like concerts, sports and theatre, and comedy.
- If you do not have a specific event in mind, you can click on the ‘Top Events’ option to see all the upcoming and trending events on their website.
- After you have decided to go for a specific event, tap on it. After reviewing all the important details like the time, available tickets, day, and date move ahead to the seat selecting the page.
- Select the seats for the events. While you get the complete picture of the arena, you will also get tickets along with your location and prices.
- After you are done selecting the seats, opt for payment where you’ll have to fill in your payment information.
- Confirm your order by paying. Soon you will receive the confirmation email.
- Select the method of receiving your tickets. You can either opt for offline tickets and ask them to deliver them to the said place. Otherwise, you can go for the online downloadable take-it options where you can print them out.
Selling at StubHub
- Visit their official website and log into your account or create one if you do not have one already.
- After you are logged in successfully, tap on the ‘Sell’ option visible on the homepage or the event page.
- With the help of the search bar, search for the event.
- After deciding on the event, choose the date.
- Follow a few simple steps to add all the information about the tickets required.
- Add valid credit card details. It is necessary to add this for users’ safety.
- Choose the payment method through which you want to receive the fare after the sale of the ticket.
- After you are done setting up every required arrangement, review everything, and lastly tap on the ‘Create Listing’ option to confirm your listing.
- You will then receive a confirmation mail on your registered email when the ticket is successfully listed.
Compared to other marketplaces like Ticketmaster, the fees charged at SeatGeek are lower. The fees charged for both buying and selling tickets can be 10% of the price and can increase or decrease according to different fluctuations.
Additional charges can be added if the delivery location is far. And for the return guarantee and other small insurances, the price of the tickets will rise by 30% and so.
StubHub has no set amount for ticket fees. Whether you are buying a ticket or selling one, they will charge you additional fees for both. However, the price is not set as the fees depend on the prices of tickets, and prices of tickets seem to fluctuate a lot at times.
StubHub agrees that nobody likes to pay additional fees but they claim that with the help of these fees, it helps them offer the best quality and secured tickets and manage a good dealing experience with users.
Moreover, the additional fees can give you a good set of benefits like guarantee, customer support, and partner verification of the ticket, it will help them upgrade their platform and its functionality. Besides, it will also help them become the world’s best and biggest ticket inventory.
SeatGeek is known to have a neat and easy user interface. It is easy to navigate on their website and almost every procedure can be carried out easily. If a user is stuck at any point, they offer 24/7 support as customer service or users can always opt for the helping guide available.
Unlike other upgraded websites, SeatGeek has not added banners and advertising templates everywhere on their website. There are buttons ordered perfectly, and the website does not seem to overwhelm new users. In simple words, SeatGeek has a user-friendly website.
StubHub has a user-friendly website and you can say this right after the first glance at their official website. The search bar is present at the very top of the homepage where you can search for different events as a band or artist.
They offer accurate filters like the location and dates. Scrolling down you will see different event categories like concerts, theatre, and sports available to choose the event song if you cannot find it through the search bar.
The signup and payment procedure can also be carried out with ease. To conclude, selling and buying at StubHub can give you a good user experience.
Pros and Cons: SeatGeek vs StubHub
- Offers the biggest ticket search engine to compare prices and find the best deal available.
- The resale ticket option for the customers who cannot attend the event and are willing to sell the ticket can be approached easily, and the process is not hard either.
- Multiple ticket delivery options at lower rates for delivery.
- It has an application available for free installation at App Store as well as the Google play store.
- Unique deal score system to help users save money.
- Through notification alerts, it also notifies you whenever there is a change in ticket pricing which you were viewing before.
- When you view the arena map, you might get confused as the map can look sophisticated and the seating arrangement blocks look small. You can have a better experience if you are viewing through a desktop because on smartphones, you will have to narrow down your gaze to view every block.
- The prices for tickets keep on fluctuating. If for some reason you could not buy the ticket at first, you might see the price increase if you come after some time.
- User-friendly website.
- They have a big options list for different currencies.
- They offer clear venue maps and seating charts.
- The resale tickets option is available even for sold-out shows.
- They offer an online chat feature if you get stuck at any point and want quick assistance.
- FanProtect feature in exchange for additional fees gives a 100% guarantee on all orders.
- Prices can take a quick expensive turn at any point if there is a good demand for that event in the market.
- Additional fees or not assessed until the payment is confirmed.
- The contact form can take some time to work out.
- If you are one of the repeat customers, there are no rewards programs for you.
- They follow a strict refund policy.
- Many tickets were sold at higher rates than the initial ticket price.
SeatGeek vs StubHub: Which one is better?
Both companies are set to give users the perfect professional ticket-buying and selling experience. But, if you have read our article completely, you will see StubHub has some cons that are missing in SeatGeek and SeatGeek has different cons that do not avail at StubHub.
In simple words, both ticket marketplaces are worth giving a shot. If you have already tried StubHub and did not have a pleasant experience, you can opt for SeatGeek. Similarly, if SeatGeek was unable to give you a good experience, you can opt for StubHub.
And based on past reviews on the internet, both brands are professional in this industry and have years of experience offering good quality services to customers. Therefore, if you did not get a good experience with one brand, you should definitely opt for another one next time.
If you ask us, we would suggest you go to both marketplaces one by one. For the first one, we would suggest you go for StubHub as it is known as the best ticket marketplace currently. If you did not like the experience, you can opt for SeatGeek or continue to deal at StubHub.
So, we hope by reading our comparison article between SeatGeek and StubHub, now you know which marketplace to opt for tickets.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Which Is Better For You?  TickPick vs Seatgeek: Which is Better?  Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Which Is Better For You?  SeatGeek vs Vivid Seats: Which Is Right For You?  Gametime vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Stubhub: Which Is Right For You?  Gametime vs SeatGeek: Which Is Better For You?  TickPick vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You?  SeatGeek vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You? 
Frequently asked Questions
Can StubHub be trusted?
Yes, StubHub is the world’s biggest ticket search engine. It is known for offering professional services to its users and dealing with them is easy too. In simple words, StubHub can be trusted by everyone.
Which is better SeatGeek or StubHub?
StubHub and SeatGeek both are well-known and trusted brands. While StubHub is known as the world’s biggest ticket search engine and marketplace, SeatGeek is also famous for offering good quality services to its users. Both of them have different features, pros and cons to them. Therefore, we would suggest you try both of them one after the other and decide which one gives you a better experience.