StubHub vs Viagogo: You want to book a ticket for an upcoming event through a ticket market like StubHub or Viagogo but you have heard about customers getting scammed by these markets. Now, how will you book your tickets? Which ticket marketplace will you choose?
We know you want to know the answers to the aforementioned questions urgently and therefore, in the article mentioned below we have presented a comparison of StubHub vs Viagogo to help you decide which marketplace is safer to buy tickets from.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Overview
StubHub is known as the largest American-based ticket marketplace. It is initially a ticket exchange and resale platform where both buyers and sellers are welcome to make deals on different event tickets like concerts, theatre, sports and other live entertainment.
StubHub claims to offer you tickets to thousands of events happening around you and in your state or city. Likewise, just like anyone can become a buyer on its platform, you can also verify yourself as a valid ticket seller and do business as a ticket broker on its website.
Viagogo is a trusted multinational ticket resale and ticket exchange platform. It mainly deals with customers through its main website and works as a subsidiary company under StubHub Holdings.
Viagogo has a wide collection under each category it offers. It provides multiple deals and promotional offers regularly and you can become both a seller and buyer on its platform. It is also known as the world’s biggest secondary market for tickets to live events.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Ticket Pricing
The prices of the ticket, even if you are searching for the same seats in the same row of the same event, can differ. This is because there are multiple individual sellers on StubHub and the ticket pricing is in their hands.
Therefore, you can find the prices going up from the initial face value and they can also drop based on different factors like the popularity of the event and availability of the tickets.
Similar to StubHub, Viagogo does not control ticket pricing on its platform. You can find tickets at their original face value, a bit expensive or cheaper. The decision of ticket pricing is in the seller’s hands and they can decide if they want to fluctuate the prices according to peak time and popularity of the event.
Since both StubHub and Viagogo don’t control the ticket pricing on platforms, none won or lost.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Ticket Fees
They will charge you additional charges either you buy or sell on StubHub. However, there is not a set percentage of fees and the fees will fluctuate depending on the time of the event, ticket price, etc factors.
For sellers, StubHub does not charge fees at the time of posting the listing. But, it will charge additional fees once someone buys the ticket. StubHub will approximately take 15% to 25% of the total amount of tickets from buyers and sellers as a convenience fee.
If you are a seller, Viagogo will charge you 15% of the total ticket price. But, if you are a buyer, you’ll have to pay 20%-30% of the total ticket price as additional fees.
These additional fees are inclusive of convenience charge, processing fee and sales tax. On top of that, you also have to pay the delivery fee if you have opted for the ticket delivery on your doorstep. The amount of all these charges vary according to the price of your ticket and quantity.
Comparing the extra charges both buyers and sellers have to pay on both platforms. So, it appears that it is a tie since the amount is not set and can fluctuate between similar digits.
StubHub vs Viagogo: How Does it work?
How to buy?:
- Create a StubHub account and login into it on the StubHub site.
- Search for the event in mind through the search bar or from the headlines on its homepage.
- Once you find the event, tap on it and view all the details like the time, date, etc.
- Next, you will have to select your seats and StubHub will show you a detailed seating arrangement picture of the stadium.
- After it is done, tap on the ‘checkout’ option and then add your payment information.
- The last step will ask you to add all the required personal details like your first name, last name, street address, apartment number, city, etc.
- After verifying everything, you will pay for your order and receive the confirmation message within a few seconds.
How to sell?:
- Create a StubHub account if you don’t have one already and login into it.
- Search for the event and select the date.
- Add the type of your ticket and follow the step-by-step process carefully.
- Add your legit credit card and select the mode of payment, as in how you would like to get paid whenever the ticket is sold.
- After reviewing everything, tap on the ‘create listing’ option and you will receive the confirmation of post listing through email.
How to buy?:
- Login to your account on Viagogo website.
- Search for your desired event through the search bar. In case you wish to explore, you can do so by going through all the headlines on the website’s homepage.
- Once you have selected an event, tap on it and view all the details.
- In the next step, you will be selecting the seats.
- Next, go on with adding all the required personal information correctly.
- Confirm your purchase and opt for payments.
- After your payment is successful, you will receive your confirmation email soon.
- If you have opted for e-tickets then Viagogo will give you a link to download the ticket immediately.
How to sell?:
- Search for the ‘Sell Tickets’ option on the homepage and search for the event you have the tickets for.
- Add all the details, including your ticket details, your full name, email address, etc.
- Now, time to choose how you would like to get paid for your tickets.
- Lastly, review everything, confirm your listing and post it. Now all you have to do is wait for anyone to buy the ticket.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Guarantees
Every order with StubHub is 100% guaranteed. Along with this, StubHub offers its exclusive FanProtect guarantee service where if your event is cancelled and not rescheduled, StubHub will give you a credit of 120% of the amount you initially paid or you can opt for the cash refund option.
The 100% guarantee includes the promise that the tickets you buy from StubHub are all valid and that they will deliver the tickets to your doorstep on the estimated day, before the event date. It also claims to offer you a money-back guarantee if the ticket you received is not valid.
Viagogo guarantee includes that the ticket you receive from Viagogo will reach you on time and before the event date.
Compared to StubHub, Viagogo does not focus much on offering a 100% valid ticket guarantee which can be a major drawback.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Gift Cards and Promotions
StubHub has a good variety of E-gift cards available to purchase on its website. The list contains gift cards like ‘happy birthday, please invite me’ gift card, ‘happy birthday, let’s celebrate’ gift card, ‘wishing you a happy holidays’ gift card, ‘happy anniversary, date night’ gift card, etc.
As for the promotional offers, you can find plenty of them on StubHub’s site. It has different types of offers and deals to celebrate occasions with your friends and family. Whether you are going for a concert or a live theatre event, StubHub has many offers every categories.
Viagogo delivers a good variety of gift cards and promotional offers and is updated frequently on its website. You can find different offers for all the category events it offers and save good sums on your total purchase.
Viagogo offers a good variety of promotional offers and gift cards but compared to StubHub, it has a bit less to offer.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Pros and Cons
- FanProtection 100% guarantee is available on all orders irrespective of the total amount.
- The customer service team can be approached within seconds through the live chat option.
- Offers various globally used currency options.
- Resale ticket options for available as well as sold-out events.
- It offers venue maps to help you reach your destination without getting lost.
- A Money-back guarantee if the event is cancelled forever.
- You can opt for the E-ticket format if you don’t want to pay additional charges for delivery.
- After you have placed your order, you will not be able to cancel it at any cost.
- You will not be able to determine the exact additional charges until you reach the payment confirmation page.
- It follows a strict refund policy.
- Expensive additional charges.
- Sellers can edit the price and information of tickets even when the ticket posts are live.
- Its website supports multiple globally used currencies and spoken languages.
- Offers an E-ticket option in case you don’t want to spend on delivery.
- A seating chart picture is displayed along with prices right below the seat name.
- You cannot cancel your booking and they will not exchange the ticket.
- Expensive additional charges.
- Poor customer service.
- Lack of transparency.
StubHub vs Viagogo: What’s the difference?
|Offers Venue Maps||Yes||No|
|Good Customer Service(Based on Users’ reviews)||Yes||No|
|Offers Money-back Guarantee||Yes||No|
StubHub vs Viagogo: Which is safer/Legit?
Both StubHub and Viagogo are well-known and trusted ticket marketplaces. But, when we compare StubHub‘s popularity and fame with Viagogo’s, StubHub clearly has an upper hand being the major ticket marketplace across the globe.
StubHub and Viagogo both have received complaints from customers about not being safe and selling invalid tickets but compared to Viagogo, StubHub has a lower negative rate and thus, can be known as a safer option to buy and sell tickets from.
StubHub vs Viagogo: Which is Better for Selling?
When we researched through the customer reviews about both the marketplaces for selling, both StubHub and Viagogo have given poor experiences of selling to customers but compared to StubHub, Viagogo has received more negative reviews regarding the topic.
The sellers have complained about the numerous glitches they faced at the time of editing the listing and there is no guarantee that your ticket will be compulsorily sold at Viagogo.
Although you can easily list your ticket posts on both platforms, when we consider other policies and services by Viagogo, StubHub seems to be a better option for Selling.
So, in the article above, we have displayed all the important headlines and details you needed to decide which among StubHub vs Viagogo can be a better choice.
TickPick vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You?  SeatGeek vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You?  Gametime vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Stubhub: Which Is Right For You? 
Frequently asked Questions
Are Viagogo’s tickets guaranteed?
Yes, all the tickets you buy from Viagogo come with a 100% guarantee that says the tickets are valid and will be delivered to your doorstep on time.
Which is better among Viagogo or StubHub for selling?
Both Viagogo and StubHub are trusted markets to buy and sell tickets but the better platform to sell tickets is StubHub.
Is Viagogo safe to buy tickets from?
Yes, Viagogo is a safe platform to buy tickets from.