Ticketmaster vs Ticketek: your favourite artist’s concert is approaching soon, and the booking of tickets has started but you are not able to get tickets until the event day. If this actually happens, how are you going to book the tickets? The answer is simple – by using online marketplaces like Ticketmaster and Ticketek.
Both Ticketmaster and Ticketek are authorized and well-known marketplaces featuring individual sellers, clients, and buyers from worldwide. But the question is, which among the two sites offers promising services for you? Or which among Ticketmaster and Ticketek is a better marketplace to buy tickets from?
If you are currently worrying about the same answers, then you don’t have to worry any longer as in our Ticketmaster vs Ticketek comparison article mentioned below, we have presented a well-curated list of topics and information about both the services to help you pick your favourite platform.
What is Ticketmaster?
Ticketmaster Entertainment INC, popularly known as Ticketmaster is an American ticket sales and distribution platform with almost 50 years of experience in this field. Starting from a small unknown site, Ticketmaster has now expanded so much that it now deals with over 500 million tickets per year through its website.
Not only that, but Ticketmaster is now offering its services in across 32 countries and mainly deals in categories like sports, concerts, family and theatre events.
Ticketmaster offers some more amazing services like TicketExchange and fan-to-fan resale service. Where under TicketExchange you can exchange your ticket with others, under fan-to-fan resale service you can sell your ticket to another fan after being verified as a legit individual seller on the platform.
What is Ticketek?
Ticketek is a popular Australian-based event ticketing platform and has been doing business in this field for over 40 years now. It deals with tickets in categories like sports, theatre, concerts, arts, and more relevant events happening near you.
Ticketek acts as a good global leader with technology in ticketing. Similar to any other ticket marketplace, buyers, and sellers can come together on its platform and grab amazing deals on different types of tickets.
Ticketek claims to offer you thousands of different experiences in live events across your liked categories. So, whether you are looking forward to buying your favourite band’s concert ticket or wish to visit an exhibition that has your favourite artists’ artwork displayed, in any case, Ticketek can help you.
How does Ticketmaster work?
The working of Ticketmaster is similar to any other trusted marketplace. To learn how to buy and sell tickets on Ticketmaster, have a look at the subheadings mentioned below:
Buying Procedure of Ticketmaster
- Firstly, create an account on Ticketmaster’s app or website.
- Login in your account and with the help of your exact location, the site or app will update you with all the upcoming events and shows happening near your area.
- If you have an event in mind, you can use the search bar and find the event through the event name, venue, and few more filters.
- Then, with the help of the seating chart picture, decide on which seat you would like to get.
- Once seat selection is done, add your personal details and pay for the tickets.
- After your payment is successful, you will receive an instant confirmation message and your order will be placed.
- As for delivery, you can either opt for a physical ticket and ask them to deliver it to your doorstep or you can go with a virtual ticket and save some money.
Selling Procedure of Ticketmaster
- Visit Ticketmaster’s website or app and search for the ‘selling portal’ option.
- After tapping on the option, add all the valid details about your ticket.
- After your ticket is verified, it will take you to the pricing page where you can decide the price of the ticket.
- The last step involves you deciding how you would like to get paid for the ticket. After examining everything, you can post the listing and wait for the customer to buy it.
In case the listing fails, make sure to revise the details or the Ticketmaster will not verify the ticket and you won’t be able to sell the ticket. And, the best part is that you can change the price and edit the ticket information even after the post is listed on Ticketmaster’s website.
How does Ticketek work?
You don’t have to be a pro at buying or selling tickets online to do the same at Ticketek since it offers extremely easy processes for both. Just follow the instructions given under the below-mentioned subheadings and you will be done with the work within a few minutes:
Buying Procedure of Ticketek
- Login into your Ticketek account.
- You can search for the event by the name of the event, venue, artist and location with the help of the search bar.
- After you find the event you were looking for, tap on it to view all the important details like the date, timing, etc.
- Once you are sure about the event, tap on the ‘get tickets’ option and it will first take you to select seats.
- Once you have selected your seat, you will be proceeding to add all the required personal details.
- The last step will be for payment and once your payment is successful, you will instantly receive a confirmation message.
Selling Procedure of Ticketek
- Visit the Ticketek site and tap on the ‘sell your ticket’ option in blue.
- It will ask you where your ticket is, and then you can choose whether your ticket is in email, SMS or PDF.
- In the next few steps, first you will need to upload your ticket accordingly and then it will ask you to add all the details of the ticket.
- In the next step, it will ask you to confirm your booking. Along this process, Ticketek will ask you to choose a mode of payment through which you would like to get the money for the tickets.
- After you have posted the listing, you only need to wait for the customer to buy it.
According to Ticketmaster’s policy, on the average amount of ticket price, 30% of it is being charged as fees. Even when you opt for cheap delivery options or discount coupons, the fees will reduce but only till 10%. Apart from the convenience fee, it doesn’t charge you any other taxes and processing fee.
Ticketek will charge you the service or delivery fee based on your location and per transaction and nothing is set. Apart from this, they do not charge any additional taxes and convenience fees.
However, if you are going to exchange your ticket, Ticketek will charge you a small and reasonable fee for the replacement of tickets based on the price you bought the ticket for and note that it will not exchange the tickets if they are unallocated.
And the sellers have an upper hand under this category as they are not charged any additional amount or charges for selling the tickets on Ticketek.
Although Ticketek seems to charge you fees for almost all different actions, when you look at the 30% of the ticket price being charged as fees, it simply is costlier than any other ticket marketplace including Ticketmaster.
Pricing and Payments
When you look at the ticket prices, it seems not much costlier than other markets. But, when you add delivery charges and extra fees, it just gets expensive. But, they offer a good variety of payment methods like American Express, MasterCard, Diners Club, Ticketmaster gift card and they also accept almost all the other debit cards.
Note that the prices are not set, even for the similar seats for similar events as tickets are being sold by different individual sellers mostly.
Similar to Ticketmaster, the prices of tickets at Ticketek fluctuate depending on the liking of the individual sellers. Most of the sellers are sole brokers and the entire control of pricing of tickets is in their hands.
When you look at the prices of tickets, they are reasonable, similar to any other marketplace. But since you still have to look forward to the delivery fee, service fee, etc, the amount will only increase gradually.
Also, among the good list of payment modes Ticketek offers, you can also opt for Afterpay and pay for your entire amount in 4 installments.
Since both the platforms have given the control of ticket pricing to the hands of sellers, the prices will vary according to the seller’s preferences and you will have to go along with their decision. But, since Ticketek offers you Afterpay, its buy now and pay later service will be helpful if the amount of ticket is big.
Ease of Use
Both Ticketmaster and Ticketek offer platforms that are easy to use. Even if you are a newbie in buying or selling tickets online, using either of the platforms can be helpful.
Not only do they have some really easy user interfaces to navigate around freely, but finding options like ‘Selling tickets’ or ‘My orders’ are easily visible too. In short, both companies offer platforms that are easy to use.
Pros and Cons
- Offers a huge variety of selections and has almost every type of event listed on its website.
- Gives the option of a digital barcode version or printout.
- Offers 100% ticket guarantee.
- You get to buy in-demand tickets at face value prices mostly.
- Charges 30% fees in the total amount of tickets.
- At times, you will have to visit another website to confirm your purchase.
- Offers buy now and pay later service.
- It doesn’t charge additional service fees for sellers.
- It offers 100% ticket guarantee on all its orders.
- It will charge you a reasonable fee if you opt for ticket exchange.
- Additional fees are expensive.
- You will have to visit Tixel to sell your ticket as you can’t directly sell your ticket through Ticketek’s website.
Ticketmaster first encourages you to find the answers to your questions from their FAQ section. But in case you were not able to find the answer you were looking for, then you can opt for fan support service where the fans support representatives are available from Monday to Sunday starting from 9 AM till 12 AM, midnight, ET.
You can also reach out to them through @TicketmasterCS account on Twitter. Based on the customer reviews, Ticketmaster Customer Service is quite helpful in solving issues fast.
If you think your issue is common, then you can first try looking at Ticketek’s FAQ section. If you did not find an answer over there, then you can submit a request through the site’s Help Page.
Remember that it claims to reply to you as soon as possible and the operating hours of the customer support team start from Monday to Sunday from 9 AM till 5 PM.
Ticketmaster vs Ticketek – Which is better?
Starting with experience, Ticketmaster has a couple more years of experience than Ticketek. When we look at the popularity and expansion across the world, Ticketmaster beats Ticketek once again.
But when we glance at other important sections like the additional convenience fees and pricing and payments, Ticketek certainly has an upper hand over Ticketmaster.
We might say that it is tied since all the other sections concluded with both being winners or losers together but if you are bothered by paying more on extra charges, then trying Ticketek first can be more helpful.
So, we can say that it is uncertain which among Ticketmaster vs Ticketek is better and besides, it entirely depends on you,. Whether you would like to go for Ticketmaster because of its wide collection of events and popularity or choose Ticketek to pay less.
Frequently asked Questions
Is Ticketmaster the same as Ticketek?
If you are talking about the field then yes, Ticketmaster is the same as Ticketek and both work in the ticket marketplace industry. Although both of them have many similarities, we can still differentiate them based on services and policies.
Is buying tickets from Ticketmaster safe?
Yes, since Ticketmaster offers a 100% guarantee on the validation of tickets and it verifies sellers before selling on its platform.
Is Ticketek owned by Ticketmaster?
No. Ticketek is not owned by Ticketmaster. It is a part of TEG Private Limited, a leading Live Entertainment, Data analytics and Ticketing company in Australia.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Which Is Better For You?  Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Stubhub: Which Is Right For You?