Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Which Is Better For You? 
We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Ticketmaster and Vivid Seats are two of the well-known competitors in the ticket marketplace.
Both have thousands of users using their platforms regularly but the main question is, which among Ticketmaster and Vivid Seats is better for you? Because choosing the correct one with valid tickets to sell and no scammers to encounter is an important decision.
But, you don’t have to stress out anymore as we have already mentioned all the required information you need to know to choose your suitable marketplace in our comparison article of Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats mentioned below.
Are the Ticketmaster and Vivid Seats the same?
No. Both are different companies. Though Vivid Seats and Ticketmaster are an independently owned services, they work in the same way. They let people sell and buy tickets.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Overview
Ticketmaster Entertainment is a famous ticket sales and distribution entity that deals in event categories like concerts, theatre, family, sports, and other types.
It is a marketplace where buyers and sellers can come together, make a deal and buy and sell tickets for the categories mentioned above. Being one of the oldest ticket marketplaces, Ticketmaster has quite some good years’ of experience in this field.
Vivid Seats is another famous ticket resale and exchange entity from the USA that deals in event categories like concerts, theatre, sports, and a few other events nationally.
From top festivals to the famous band or solo artist tours, you can search for the most famous to rarely selling tickets on the Vivid Seats.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Ticket Pricing
Ticketmaster offers you ticket results from two types of sellers. One among them is their clients like event promoters, sports teams, venues, etc. The other ones are the individual brokers or sellers that are merely doing the resale ticket work for you.
It adds a certain fee along with the set prices from their clients. As for brokers, the pricing entirely depends on their will and how they determine it. In this way, the fee added to each ticket fluctuates based on the ticket price.
Vivid Seats have numerous buyers across its platform. All the sellers are required to be eligible to sell valid tickets but Vivid Seats do not control the ticket pricing for them.
Even though it guides them through the ticket pricing method, in the end, the actual price to put up for the ticket is the seller’s job. The prices can be a bit higher or lower and keep on changing accordingly.
Both platforms have given the entire ticket pricing control to the hands of their sellers. Therefore, they both can be equalized under this comparison section.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Ticket Fees
The ticket fees that sellers charge on almost every ticket depend on different prices.
The prices may not be exactly similar to the face value, and thus, the ticket fees, also known as convenience charges will differ. There is no set convenience fee or tax fee.
Compared to other similar platforms, Vivid Seats seem to charge a hefty additional charge.
The convenience charges entirely depend on the prices of the ticket.
As Vivid Seats have numerous individual brokers dealing on their platform, the prices depend on how they charge you. Thus, there is no set convenience or tax charge.
Both platforms charge you additional convenience charges along with tax if applicable on tickets.
But, if you look at Vivid Seats’ side, users have highlighted the fact that even after totaling all the charges along with convenience or processing fees and taxes if applicable, the total amount is not that expensive compared to other platforms.
Winner: Vivid Seats
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: How Does it work?
Buying from Ticketmaster:
- Login to your account and search for the event you have in mind or just explore the events under the headlines on the homepage.
- Read the details, and confirm the seat you would like to take next you will be redirected to the guided process page to make a purchase.
- Add all the required details correctly in the blanks on the screen, review everything, and pay for your ticket.
- After your purchase is successful, you will get a confirmation message within a few moments.
- Now, wait for the delivery of the ticket according to the delivery option you have chosen.
Buying from Vivid Seats:
- Login to your account and search for your desired event or just explore the events under the headlines on the homepage.
- You can use filters to find the precise ticket you are looking for from the results.
- Once you have decided on the number of tickets, you will buy and select the tickets, tap on the ‘Buy’ option in red to proceed to checkout.
- Add all the required details and review everything before making a purchase.
- Once it is done, you will receive an email confirmation.
- All you have to do now is to wait for the delivery of the tickets according to the delivery method you have chosen.
Selling from Ticketmaster:
(Listing Tickets Through Account)
- Log into your account and navigate to the page where all your orders are listed or will be listed.
- Search for the ‘Sell tickets’ button and select the number of tickets you would like to sell and charge the prices accordingly.
- Then, choose the payment method through which you would like to receive the money after the tickets are sold.
(Listing Tickets Through Barcode)
- Go to Ticketmaster‘s ‘Sell page’ and search for the ticket’s event by team, artist, or event name.
- Select the correct event and tap on the ‘Sell tickets’ option.
- Enter the ticket barcode or barcodes for the number of tickets you would like to sell and give a price accordingly.
- Now, select the payment method through which you would like to receive your money after someone buys the ticket.
- You will receive your funds and cue to ship the tickets whenever someone buys the ticket by Ticketmaster.
Selling from Vivid Seats:
- Select ‘Sell tickets’ link on the Vivid Seats homepage or tap on the ‘Services’ option at the bottom of the same screen.
- Now, search for the event your ticket falls under and select the event on the specific date for your tickets and press the ‘continue’ option.
- Next, fill in all the data required and make sure you are adding correct information, specially for all the disclosure data about the ticket and other general information like the delivery method, unit price, etc.
- Add the correct PayPal address or credit card details to get the funds whenever the ticket sells.
- After confirming everything, tap on the ‘submit tickets’ page to post the listing.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Guarantees
Ticketmaster guarantees you that all the tickets bought from their platform are 100% real and valid. They also guarantee that the tickets will be delivered to you before the event starts.
However, Ticketmaster does not guarantee you the authenticity of tickets purchased from any non-authorized reseller, that is the individual sellers or brokers. Instead, it has recently launched a new guarantee for customers where they offer a 24-hour cooling period.
During this period, users are allowed to cancel their order or refund or exchange their order within 24 hours of purchasing the ticket.
Vivid Seats offer buyers a 100% ticket guarantee that the transactions will all be secured, the tickets will be delivered to you before the event on time and buyers will stay away from scammers and frauds.
Both the platforms offer a 100% ticket guarantee, the guarantee includes the important promise that all the tickets are valid. But, Ticketmaster does not guarantee the authenticity of the tickets which is kind of a blowoff, and is not taking complete responsibility.
Winner: Vivid Seats
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Gift Cards and Promotions
Ticketmaster offers a good variety of gift cards for occasions like holidays, birthdays, etc. Many gift cards also come with the new feed ticket benefit where you will not have to pay a single penny for your ticket.
Ticketmaster also offers a good amount of promotional codes frequently. On its official website or other social media handles, if you have a keen eye you can grab some good promotional codes once in a while.
Vivid Seats offer a good variety of gift cards. They also offer gift cards for free with a redeeming value of $5 to around $100. If we are to talk about promotional codes, you can find good deals whenever you visit their platform.
Both platforms offer a good amount of gift cards and promotional codes. Therefore, none of them lost or won.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Pros and Cons
- User-friendly website and app.
- If you are dealing with client sellers, you can get the tickets at the accurate face value.
- It offers a 100% guarantee for all the important things like the validation of tickets, etc.
- You will mostly get face value prices on in-demand tickets.
- Since it is a huge platform, it offers a huge variety of tickets.
- Ticketmaster lack transparency on pricing.
- At the start of ticket distribution, prices can be much higher at times.
- At times, convenience and other charges can be expensive.
- Offer satisfying customer service.
- The website and app is user-friendly.
- Even when they charge high convenience charges, the total laying of tickets is said to be lower than expensive.
- Offers 100% ticket guarantee.
- As a unique reward scheme.
- Charges a bit more convenience fee compared to other similar platforms.
- Vivid Seats lack transparency over pricing.
Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Which is Better?
Since both of them have balanced advantages and disadvantages, we cannot decide which one is better according to the pros and cons mentioned above.
Ticketmaster and Vivid Seats both are well-known marketplaces. It offers easy buying and selling processes for buyers and sellers and provides good customer service support.
However, if you have noticed, apart from every comparison section where both of them won, Vivid Seats have won against Ticketmaster under the guarantees section with slight differences.
In short, the decision lies in your hand. So, we hope by reading our comparison article; you have received enough information to decide which among Ticketmaster and Vivid Seats is a better option for you.
Frequently asked Questions
Is Vivid Seats trustworthy for tickets?
Yes, Vivid Seats is a trustworthy website to buy and sell tickets.
Is Ticketmaster trustworthy?
Yes, Ticketmaster is one of the oldest ticket marketplaces and a trustworthy platform.
Is Vivid Seats the same as Ticketmaster?
Yes, both Vivid Seats and Ticketmaster work in the same field and are well-known ticket marketplaces. However, both can be differentiated on the basis of their working style and the services they offer.
Ticketmaster vs Ticketek: Which Is Best For You?  Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Stubhub: Which Is Right For You?  SeatGeek vs Vivid Seats: Which Is Right For You?  Ticketmaster vs Live Nation – Which One Is Best Option?  Ticketmaster vs Live Nation: Are Live Nation and Ticketmaster the Same?