We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
For quite a while, buying tickets from individual brokers and retailers on leading marketplaces like Gametime and Ticketmaster has become a regular thing.
Not only do you get low prices at lucky times, but you also get more options and offers to save more on overall purchases. However, which among the two markets is better?
If you want to know whether Gametime is better or if Ticketmaster is the best, continue reading this comparison article between Gametime vs Ticketmaster.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Overview
Gametime is a famous ticket marketplace majorly known for offering last-minute tickets for live events in sports, theatre and sports categories. If offer the guarantee for cheapest prices and deals on tickets for a number of events under theatre, concerts, etc like categories.
Gametime is a platform for both buyers and sellers. While buyers can buy tickets from individual sellers, sellers can sell the individual or a bunch of tickets for different types of events after passing the eligibility test.
Ticketmaster Entertainment, Inc is a popular American-based ticket sales and distribution company. It is one among the leading ticket marketplaces and acts as an ultimate platform for buyers and sellers globally.
Ticketmaster offers users verified tickets for mostly theatre, family, concerts, sports and other events. The platform gives you access to thousands of live events while making it easier for you to buy and sell.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Ticket Pricing
Gametime offers you tickets directly from the sellers which means the ticket pricing partially depends on their preferences. They can charge you a bit higher or lower or the correct face value of the ticket according to their liking.
Although Gametime does not allow sellers to charge much higher or lower, the pricing of tickets will keep on fluctuating according to different factors like the popularity of the event, the time the tickets are taking to sell, etc.
On an important note, the prices are set to drop at higher rates as the time for the event is nearing. Especially for the live sports event, the prices will drop when there is only 42 hours before the game starts.
As Ticketmaster offers tickets from the individual and standard ticket sellers, the pricing depends on two different parties. The standard tickets offered by the Ticketmaster‘s clients will come at a set face value price but will include a convenience fee from the Ticketmaster‘s side.
In the case of individual sellers, the listing price is determined by the seller but Ticketmaster does not allow them to charge much higher or lower than the actual market price of the ticket.
As both the platforms have given the price range of ticket control in the hands of the individual and company sellers, both of them stand on an equal line for this comparison topic.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Ticket Fees
The additional ticket fees that include the processing and convenience fees depend on the price of tickets.
For example, if you are buying 3 tickets then the convenience charge will be more and if you are buying a single ticket, the convenience charge will be less. The rates can also differ according to the type of event.
Ticketmaster charges a service free, also known as the convenience fee to the face value listed by the seller. In case the ticket is resale by an individual seller, the fees will be cut off from the total amount you paid to the individual seller.
The prices of convenience charge depend on the price of the ticket and the total amount to be paid. Therefore, there is no one definite convenience charge for any type of tickets at Ticketmaster.
Since both marketplaces charge additional convenience fees, both of them can be equalised.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: How does it work?
- Visit Gametime and search for the event through the search bar on the homepage or explore the available options from the homepage headlines.
- Once you found your desired event, tap on it and review every detail, select a seat, add all the required details accurately and opt for purchasing.
- After you have purchased the ticket successfully, you will receive the confirmation within a few seconds or minutes and all you have to do now is to wait for the tickets to be delivered.
- Visit Ticketmaster and search for the event through the search bar on the homepage or explore the available options from the homepage headlines.
- Once you found your desired event, tap on it and you will be redirected to the information event page.
- Review every detail, select a seat, add all the required details accurately and opt for purchasing.
- After you have made a purchase successfully, you will receive the confirmation message within a few seconds or minutes.
- You must be eligible to become a seller according to the eligibility points applicable for sellers at Gametime.
- Once you are eligible to sell, create an account on Gametime’s platform.
- Take a good and clear picture of your ticket from your device camera.
- Search for the ‘optical character technology’ option on the homepage of the app.
- With the help of it, scan the information available on your ticket and all the data about the ticket will be added automatically on the screen.
- Once everything is added, review the details and wait until someone buys the ticket.
(Listing Tickets through Account)
- Log into your account and navigate to the page where all your orders are listed or will be listed.
- Search for the ‘Sell tickets’ button and select the number of tickets you would like to sell and charge the prices accordingly.
- Then, choose the payment method through which you would like to receive the money after the tickets are sold.
(Listing Tickets through Barcode)
- Go to Ticketmaster‘s ‘Sell page’ and search for the ticket’s event by team, artist or event name.
- Select the correct event and tap on the ‘Sell tickets’ option.
- Enter the ticket barcode or barcodes for the number of tickets you would like to sell and give a price accordingly.
- Now, select the payment method through which you would like to receive your money after someone buys the ticket.
- You will receive your funds and cue to ship the tickets whenever someone buys the ticket by Ticketmaster.
Since both the platforms require users to go through quite lengthy yet easy processes, none of them wins or loses under this comparison section.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Guarantees
Gametime offers you a guarantee of the tickets being delivered to you on time before the event. It offers a 100% ticket validation guarantee and in case you have any issues with your ticket, you can instantly give them a call or contact them any other way.
Ticketmaster offers you the guarantee that the tickets it offers are all verified and valid. Although it does not guarantee the authenticity of tickets purchased from non-authorised third-party sellers (brokers or individuals), it has now launched the ‘fan guarantee’ feature where it offers a 24-hour cooling-off period.
In this period, if you found any issue with the purchase, you can immediately cancel your order and opt for a refund or exchange within 24 hours after making a purchase.
But, there are certain limitations and terms and conditions to this feature so make sure you have reviewed everything before opting for it.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Gift Cards and Promotions
Both Gametime and Ticketmaster offer a good variety of gift cards and promotional codes. They offer gift cards of different prices which can be used for no-fee tickets where you can only use the gift card and get the ticket for free.
As for the promotional codes, it is impossible to find a promotional code for a no-fee ticket but with the help of helpful codes, you can save a good amount on your complete purchase.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Pros and Cons
- Offers a 100% guarantee for the tickets on its website.
- Guarantees that you will find last-minute tickets for all the events under categories listed on its site.
- The app seems to glitch a lot.
- The prices will only drop if you buy them before 24 or 48 hours of the start of the live event. On other times, the prices were either average or expensive.
- Offers a 100% guarantee on all the purchases you make with it.
- Ability you to transfer and resale your tickets.
- Useful and dedicated deals and promotions.
- Allows you to either print your ticket or use the digital barcode version.
- Ticketmaster does not allow you to import tickets that you have purchased from somewhere else.
- Some events will take you to another site to confirm your booking and make a purchase.
Both platforms have equal advantages and disadvantages to it. Therefore, both of them can be equalised in this case.
Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Which is Better?
As you have already seen, Gametime seems to have a higher level than Ticketmaster.
Although both platforms are well-known and trusted by millions of people globally, if you have not tried either of the marketplaces, we will suggest you go for Gametime first before Ticketmaster for obvious reasons.
However, if you look on the opposite side, Ticketmaster has over 25 years of more experience than Gametime in this field. It may not be one of the leading marketplaces for ticket buying and selling currently but it has enough knowledge to give you a good online ticket buying experience.
Hence, the ending decision lies in your hands and preferences whether you would like to go for the winner of this comparison battle, Gametime or choose the marketplace which has sold more tickets, Ticketmaster.
We hope after reading our comparison article between Gametime vs Ticketmaster, you now have decided which among the two markets will be more suitable to buy tickets from.
Ticketmaster vs Ticketek: Which Is Best For You?  Gametime vs SeatGeek: Which Is Better For You?  Gametime vs StubHub: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Seatgeek: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Stubhub: Which Is Right For You?  Ticketmaster vs Vivid Seats: Which Is Better For You?  Gametime vs Ticketmaster: Which Is Better For You?  Ticketmaster vs Live Nation: Are Live Nation and Ticketmaster the Same?
Frequently asked Questions
Does Ticketmaster own Gametime?
No, Ticketmaster does not own Gametime. Both of the marketplaces are separately working platforms in the same field.
Is Gametime legit to buy tickets?
Yes, Gametime may not be one among the top most ticket marketplaces but it is a legitimate platform. It is trusted by millions of people across the globe and offers satisfactory services for a good online ticket buying experience.
Why is Gametime so cheap?
Gametime is only cheap when you want to buy last-minute tickets from it. Otherwise, if you visit the website for buying tickets 24 or 48 hours before the live event, the prices will not drop and will be reasonable or expensive.