Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle – Installment plans with services like Afterpay, Quadpay, Klarna, and Sezzle have become popular in recent years. So, you might be wondering is there any good reason for the popularity? And whether this payment method is worth trying or not? Or is this safe? You may have heard of many payment solutions popping up everywhere recently. In this article, we will examine Afterpay, Quadpay, Klarna, and Sezzle, covering everything from comparing, features, pros and cons, so you can make a choice.
Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL) services makes it easy to shop whether it be online shopping or in-store shopping without the fees actually associated with credit cards. It is the fastest and most convenient form of financing and the registration is pretty simple and straightforward.
Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle: What are they?
It is a buy now and pay later instant lender which divides your total purchase amount into four weekly payments. It allows its users to shop at places they like and get things they want or require, all while helping them stay within a budget. So, basically it is a budgeting tools and not a credit card or loan service. One of the most important feature of Afterpay is its non-credit-based approval process which gives a huge advantage over traditional credit card and also it doesn’t charge any interest or upfront fees, and you won’t be penalized for reaching your maximum limit.
To use Afterpay, your order must be more than $35, also you have to be over 18 and have a credit or debit card to qualify. You are also supposed to make a free account online through its application if you are using it in stores, and give your payment information along with the other information like your phone number and email address.
- You can shop even when cash flow is less.
- No online customer service feature
- Refund and return process is quite tedious
Quadpay is also one of the “Buy now and Pay later” platform that provides savvy shoppers more flexibility and freedom to pay later anywhere. Customers can split their any purchase into four installments for over six weeks. In return, Quadpay’s partner merchants enjoy higher AOV and conversion, immediate payment, and more repeat purchases.
Quadpay’s main goal is to empower modern consumers with transparent, simple, and financially responsible payment tools. Their ultimate goal is to create a place where everyone has access to the things they need, require, and want from life. Along with Zip Co., it serves over 4.5 million customers and 30,000 merchants, with $3 billion in annual payment globally.
- Easy to use
- User-friendly and straightforward
- No extra costs or penalty as long as you pay on time
- It has only one payment plan
Klarna is a multi-payment solution that offers a unique payment and offers various payment plans which can be incredibly valuable for shoppers who are loking to pay off huge purchases. It also allows shoppers to pay off their purchases in four installments for no interest and delay payment on purchase for 30 days or apply for thirty-six-month financing plans with competitive interest rates. However, these offerings vary according to the merchants, but doesn’t matter which of these payments plans is available, they all provide a new level of flexibility to online shopping.
Furthermore, it allows users to make a purchase with any online retailer and take advantage of an interest- free installment plan further allowing users to test products without worrying about the cost up front. Klarna is available in more countries than Afterpay, available in U.S., U.K., Denmark, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland. Afterpay on the other hand is available in Australia, United Sates, United Kingdom, and New Zealand and Quadpay is only available in United States.
- It accepts Discover Cards and American Express
- Can pay any major purchases over time by purchasing through the Klarna application
- Cant customize your payment due dates
- Pay-later payment options are limited
It is a public-benefit corporation which is on a mission to financially empower the next generation. It is easy to integrate with any website and provides a great choice for customers who want an alternative payment method for their purchase that doesn’t involve credit. It enables millions of customers across Canada and United States to have control over their spending, being more responsible and having access to financial freedom.
Furthermore, It is serving more than 29,000 merchants with over 2.4 million shoppers. Sezzle is the financially responsible solution to “Buy now and pay later.” It lets shoppers to make their purchase today with four payments over the following 6 weeks with interest-free. Likewise, it also offers customers the option to reschedule their payment once for free and the max fee for late payment is $10.
- Easy to use.
- Easy installation
- Good customer service
- No significant cons
Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle:Key points
|Repayment||Six weeks/ Eight weeks||Six weeks||Six weeks||Six weeks|
|Type||In-store/ Online store||In-store/ Online store||online||In-store/ Online store|
|Platform||SaaS, iPhone, iPad, Android||SaaS||SaaS, iPhone, iPad, Android||SaaS|
|Installment payment and Payment processing||Only installment payment||Yes||Yes||Only installment payment|
|Integrations||Spree Commerce, Adyen, BigCommerce, Ecwid and other integrations||Salesforce, Shopify, WooCommerce, Magento, BigCOmmerce, Oracle Commerce, Workarea||Spree Commerce, Billbee, Centra, Checkout X, Consignor, Craft CMS, Desktop.com, and other integrations||CommentSold, Shopify, WooCommerce, Magneto, BigCommerce, 3dcart, CyberSource, Salesforce Commerce Cloud|
Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle: Features
- Interface is easy to use.
- You can be able to see the various orders you have and how much you’re approved for or have left in your dashboard.
- You’ll be able to purchase new inventory without paying the full total at once.
- It divides your total purchase amount into four weekly payments.
- It allows customers to get their products immediately.
- Easy to integrate.
- This payment platform is seamless and integrates easily into your system.
- It allows customers to increase AOV without damaging their purchasing power down the road.
- It has the ability to allow customers to buy more today and merchants get their earning faster.
- You can pay installments ahead of time or pay multiple installments at once, at no extra cost.
- It offers a fee different types of payment solutions with their own functionality.
- It is partnered with several online retailers, each of them offers one or more of three klarna solutions.
- It allows customers to shop with any of the online retailer they think they can pay with an installment plan.
- Every Klarna plan is approved on a case-by-case basis, and you’ll get a spending limit based on various criteria such as your Klarna account and your purchase history.
- Interface is easy to use.
- You can be able to add graphics to your email marketing content, Social media, website, and many more.
- It allows you to withdraw your funds after on business day, unlike any other competitors.
- It verifies customer data which heavily reduces the fraud chances for the merchant thus making it impossible for a fraud transaction to take place.
- They provides several ads and pages to link to your store to advertise acceptance of Sezzle payments for account holders.
Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle: How does they work?
It allows retailers to offer installment plans for online purchasers and allowing a purchase to be paid in for installment for every two weeks. First time users are supposed to provide information such as their phone number and email address. Whereas, usual shoppers may simply log-in to make their purchase.
They’ll consider different number of factors before approving any order, for example, if you have been an Afterpay shopper for long time and if you have successfully repaid all your orders, you are more likely be able to spend more. They’ll also consider whether there are sufficient funds on your card or not, how long you been using Afterpay, and the amount you have to repay. The value of the order you’re trying to place amy help to reduce the value of your shopping cart.
To get access for a Quadpay account, you should meet a few basic requirements such as you should live in the U.S., you should be at least 18 years old, have a valid and authentic mobile number, and should have a U.S. issued debit or credit card. You can be able to pay off the larger purchases ober six weeks with just teenty-five percentage down and no interest. Remember that Quadpay doesn’t pull your credit report when you make a purchase request, in this way you wont be dinged for a hard inquiry. Furthermore, always pay on time to avoid late payment fees.
Klarna allows you to pay in four equal installments for every two weeks. These installments are interest free, but the company charges a late if the payment is unsuccessful after two tries. However, there will be no penalty for early payment or paying off your balance in full before the final due date.
|TERMS||AMOUNT DUE||INTEREST||LATE FEE|
|PAY IN 4||Pay in four installments for every two weeks||First installment and your balance divided by four||0 interest||Up to $7|
|PAY IN 30||Pay full balance after 30-days||$0||0 interest||None, only if you make the full payment|
|PAY NOW||Pay with your credit or debit cars via Klarna app||Full balance||0 interest||N/A|
|FINANCING||Pay from 6-36 months||$0||0%-9.99%; 19.99% for standard purchase||Up to $35|
After you make an order through Sezzle, their unique approval system will review your account to determine what sort of repayment plan they can offer. As long as you pay your installments on time, there will be no fees. When you place an order, Sezzle will pay the merchant in-full for the order immediately, in this way merchant will have their funds and is able to process your order.
I hope the above article on Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle comparison have helped you pick up the best option based on your needs and requirements.