Sezzle vs Affirm – There are several financial technologies that offer finance at the point of sale. Sezzle and Affirm are such services that let users buy now and pay over time.
In this article, we’ll be talking about Sezzle vs Affirm that let you choose between them. Both services offer interest-free loans.
With both Sezzle and Affirm, you can make your first payment one month after your purchase, and the remaining amount can be paid in the following months on the same date.
One of the major differences is that Affirm is much larger than Sezzle. That means it offers a wide range of stores than Sezzle. Keep on reading to find out more about Affirm vs Sezzle comparison.
Sezzle vs Affirm: Overview
Sezzle: Sezzle is a financial company that offers an alternative payment platform providing interest-free installment plans at selected online stores.
It lets customers divide the payment for their purchase into four installments. Users can be able to shop and discover stores via the Sezzle website or its app.
Affirm: Affirm functions as a financial lender of installment loans for users to use at the point of sale to finance a purchase.
These loans have a fixed payment schedule which you can view before the completion of each purchase. Although it charges interest, a few retailers’ interest rates are as low as 0% on your purchases.
Sezzle vs Affirm: How They Stack Up!
Here is everything that you want to know about Sezzle and Affirm;
- Use Sezzle as the selected payment method through its app or website.
- Offers a wide range of products, including jewelry, footwear, clothes, and more.
- Users can pay the price of a product in four interest-free payments.
- Operates as an alternate payment option during the checkout process.
- Allow you to reschedule your payment.
- Featured stores are shortlisted based on their offers, popularity, and product quality.
- Shop stress-free at your favorite stores and pay overtime with flexible buy now pay later payments.
- No late fees, penalties, or hidden costs of any kind.
- Find your favorite store, shop, and fill your cart.
- Complete your purchase online or at a physical store with Apple Pay or Google Pay.
- A simple credit check with no effect on credit score.
- Some customers qualify for 0% APR.
- Offers get deals on apparel, electronics, appliances, auto, and more.
Requirements For Eligibility
- Should at least 18 years old (19 in Alabama)
- A valid email address and US or Canadian mobile number
- Must have a US or Canadian bank account, a debit card, or credit card—prepaid cards will not work for an initial purchase
- You have to be at least 18 years old.
- You have to be 19 years old if you live in Alabama or if you’re a ward of the state in Nebraska.
- Have a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address
- Valid U.S. mobile or VoIP number that receives SMS texts
- Give your full name, email address, date of birth
- Provide the last 4 digits of your social security number to authenticate your identity
How to Apply?
Sezzle: Apart from the requirements that are mentioned above to be eligible for a Sezzle loan, you’ll also need an active bank account, credit card, or debit card.
All you need to do is to create an online account by providing your name, email address, mobile number, date of birth, and PIN.
In order to start shopping with Sezzle, you’ll need to verify your Sezzle account through email. And when you place an order, Sezzle will instantly pay the seller in full, so the seller has their funds and can process your order easily.
Then, they will review your account to decide the type of repayment plan that you’d be offered.
In most cases, you’ll need to pay 25% upfront or the first installment or down payment of your purchase, and the remaining amount splits up across three more installments.
These three installments are due two weeks apart with no interest or other hidden fees.
Affirm: To get started with Affirm, you’ll need to open an account with Affirm. To approve you, it’ll perform a soft credit check to verify your identity and review your credit.
And depending on your personal information and credit report, you’ll be prequalified to make purchases up to your spending limit.
Although your spending limit is based on your payment history, credit history with Affirm, and how long you have the Affirm account for.
Yet it can be increased by some factors like how you’re managing your existing loans, paying bills on time, and reducing debt balances.
Note that every time you try to purchase something, that transaction needs Affirm’s approval. At the checkout, you can view the payment options, which you can select depending on your budget.
You can choose the payment schedule that will be perfect for you and then confirm your loan. Note that your repayment options and APR will entirely depend on where you shop.
Sezzle: Each of your three installments is due two weeks apart with no interest or any other hidden interest.
Affirm: While most of the repayment plans come under three categories – 3, 6, and 12-month plans, some transactions may have even more time period to pay off the purchase.
If you want to pay off your loan early, you can pay without any prepayment penalty. Also, there is a possibility that you might have to make an initial payment at checkout if you don’t qualify for the complete loan amount.
Keep in mind that it will automatically withdraw the payments from your bank account or debit card. And there is no limit to how many loans you can access with an Affirm account at a time.
Interest and Fees
Sezzle: Sezzle doesn’t chare any interest or any other hidden fees. However, the only fee it charges is a failed payment fee or a rescheduling fee, which are $10 and $5 respectively.
When you want to adjust the date of your payments more than once per order, the rescheduling fee is charged. Yet, the first reschedule is free.
Affirm: Generally, Affirm’s interest rates are based on the retailers you are shopping with, and in some cases, your personal credit history.
There are several retailers on Affirm’s website with financing as low as 0%. Whereas other purchases may charge interest rates may be ranging from 10% to 30%, based on your credit history and on the retailer.
Besides, Affirm doesn’t charge any fees on its loans or to create an account, and also there are no hidden fees.
Likewise, it doesn’t charge any late fees, but it is possible that your late payments may impact your credit score and credit history.
Does Using Them Hurt Your Credit Score Affirm vs Sezzle?
Sezzle: Sezzle lets you apply for a loan with a soft credit check. Remember that its soft credit check doesn’t hurt your credit scores, and it offers an instant approval.
Yet, you need to keep in mind that you may not qualify for every purchase. Your eligibility is based on your Sezzle history, on-time payments, past orders, and more.
If you want to build your credit history of on-time payments, you may join Sezzle Up to opt into reporting.
Affirm: Similar to Sezzle, Affirm also performs a soft credit check, but it doesn’t affect your credit score or show up on your credit report.
And loan approval entirely depends on your credit score, payment history, and how long you’ve had an Affirm account.
It might affect your credit score and information this to Experian if you fail to make payments, which could hurt your credit score.
Customer Service: Affirm vs Sezzle
Sezzle: If you are facing any issue, you can email to their customer support at [email protected] or call them at +1 (888) 540-1867 from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Affirm: If you need any help with Affirm, you can email their customer support at [email protected] or [email protected] or call them at (855) 427-3729. Visit Affirm’s help centre for more information.
|Interest||None||0% – 30%|
|Credit Check||Soft credit check||Soft credit check|
|Minimum Credit Score||None||None|
|Term Length & Installments||3 installments, due every two weeks||three or six or twelve months|
Which is better Sezzle or Affirm?
As Sezzle and Affirm are amazing buy now, pay later services, it can be quite difficult to choose a single service. Yet, we can help you with it by providing some points!
- It can be a good option for smaller online purchase if you can afford a 25% down payment.
- It doesn’t charge any interest, and can avoid fees with three on-time payments.
- Does allow you to use a credit card to make payments.
- Its soft credit check doesn’t hurt your credit scores.
- Offers an instant approval.
- Charges a fee for late payments and reschedule payments.
- If you are new to Sezzle, then it is likely that you will be eligible for lower limits for your first purchase.
- For cancelling, returning or exchanging your orders, you’ll have to contact the merchant directly.
- Some retailers offer rates as low as 0% on your purchases.
- It doesn’t charge any hidden fees, or late fees.
- Its soft credit check doesn’t hurt your credit scores.
- Offers financing for larger purchases, up to $17,500.
- Some retailers have standard rates ranging from 10% to 30%.
- Prequalification does not guarantee transactions are approved.
Try Alternatives: 7 Apps like Sezzle to Buy Now Pay Later 
Final Words: Hopefully, the above article on Sezzle vs Affirm has helped you to choose the perfect by now, pay later service that perfectly fits your requirements.
Is Sezzle better than Affirm?
One of the major differences is that Affirm offers a wide range of stores than Sezzle, which makes it widely used buy now, pay later service.
Do Sezzle run your credit?
Although Sezzle run a soft credit check, it doesn’t hurt your credit score. That means your loan payments or missed payments have no impact on your FICO score.
Does Affirm improve your credit score?
Affirm performs a soft credit check that does not affect your credit score. Yet, it may report your on-time payments and late payments to credit bureaus, which might help you build your credit history.
Can I use Sezzle to pay bills?
Sezzle only works with participating online retailers, and Google Pay and Apple Pay for online and in-store purchases.
How much can I spend with Affirm?
You can spend up to $17,500 with Affirm.