If you are fed up with using Afterpay and want to know how to delete Afterpay account, look no further. In this article, we’ll show you an easy and simple way to know how to cancel Afterpay on your device.
Afterpay is an Australian fintech that functions in the United Kingdom, the United States, New Zealand, and Canada.
It is largely known for its ‘buy now, pay later’ service that lets online and in-store consumers purchase a product instantly and pay with four equal bi-weekly repayments.
There can be many reasons why you’d like to delete your Afterpay account, among them the most common reason might be email spamming by the company. Thus, keep on reading to find out how to cancel Afterpay easily.
How to Delete Afterpay Account?
Before you close your Afterpay account, ensure your account balance is at $0.
You can easily close your Afterpay account at any time through the mobile app or by logging into your Afterpay account.
Follow the detailed step-by-step guide listed below to know how to delete Afterpay account;
- Log in to your Afterpay account and navigate to ‘My Profile.’
- Choose ‘Deactivate Account.’
- Select a reason why you are closing the account.
- Now, enter your password to confirm the cancellation of the Afterpay account.
- Once completed, you’ll get an email to confirm your account has been closed.
You can also close your Afterpay account by sending an email to Afterpay customer service and requesting them to cancel your account.
Follow the steps below to close Afterpay account;
- Open your email account that is registered with the Zip website or application.
- Now, enter [email protected] in the ‘To’ address.
- Type ‘Request to Delete My Afterpay Account’ in the subject section.
- Now, start writing an email asking them to delete or close your Zip account permanently.
Why Should You Delete Afterpay Account?
Here are some reasons why a lot of people are looking for how to delete Afterpay;
- It only offers pay in 4 financing. That means if you need more time to pay off your purchase, you’ll have to consider other BNPL services.
- You’ll be charged a late fee of $10 if you don’t make your payment on time. Payments that are not made within seven days of the due date are charged $7. Still, this fee can add up to not more than 25% of the original purchase amount.
- Sometimes, it might decline your purchase.
So, here are some Afterpay alternatives that you might want to check out;
Final Words: To close Afterpay account, all you need to do is to get in touch with Afterpay customer service or deactivate it from the Afterpay app. Hopefully, the above article has helped you to know how to delete Afterpay account easily!
How can I close my Afterpay account?
My profile -> Deactivate Account -> confirm why you are closing the account -> enter your password to confirm.
What happens if I close my Afterpay account?
What happens if I never pay off Afterpay?
You’ll be charged a late fee if you don’t pay on time and also, you’ll be locked out from paying for new orders until you pay your overdue payments.
What is the max on Afterpay?
You can make a maximum purchase of $1,500 and hold an outstanding account limit of $2,000.
Does Afterpay affect credit score?
Afterpay does not run credit checks. That means it neither affects nor helps you build your credit score.