If you are fed up with using Affirm and want to know how to delete Affirm account, look no further. In this article, we’ll show you an easy and simple way to know how to cancel Affirm on your device.
Affirm is a financial technology that functions as a financial lender of installment loans for consumers to use at the point of sale to finance a purchase.
These loans have a fixed payment schedule which you can view before the completion of each purchase. Although it charges interest, a few retailers’ interest rates are as low as 0% on your purchases.
There might be various reasons why you’d like to delete your Affirm account, among them the most common reason can be email spamming by the company. Therefore, keep on reading to find out how to cancel Affirm easily.
How to Delete Affirm Account? [Step by Step Guide]
Unfortunately, Affirm doesn’t let you delete your account from the app or website, you’ll need to send a request to their customer service team.
Follow the steps mentioned below on how to delete Affirm account easily;
- First of all, you can try closing your Affirm account by calling Affirm’s customer support at (855) 423-3729 and providing your account details before starting the cancellation.
- Email Affirm customer service at [email protected].
- To cancel Affirm account online, visit this page.
Here are the steps on how to cancel Affirm account by sending an email.
- Open your email account that is registered with the Affirm website or application.
- Now, enter [email protected] in the ‘To’ address.
- Type ‘Request to Delete My Affirm Account’ in the subject section.
- Now, start writing an email asking them to delete or close your Affirm account permanently.
Your email might look like this;
Subject: Request to Delete My Affirm Account
Dear Affirm’s customer support team,
I would like to close my Affirm account permanently. So, can you please close my Affirm account? Details of my account are – Your name, address, and date of birth.
Before closing Affirm account, you’ll need to ensure that you don’t have any balances and you’ve paid off your purchases.
Also, note that you won’t be able to sign in or view your loan history after you close your account. Moreover, you also won’t be able to prequalify or apply for credit.
Why Should You Delete Affirm Account?
There can be various reasons why you want to close your Affirm account. Nonetheless, here are the most common reasons;
- Although there are some retailers that offer 0% interest financing, there are some retailers with standard interest rates ranging from 10% to 30%.
- It doesn’t report your on-time payments to the credit bureaus.
- It might perform a soft credit check to verify your identity and to prequalify you for your spending limit. But remember that it doesn’t affect your credit score.
- Every potential purchase should be approved before you can finish your transaction.
Here are some Affirm alternatives that you might want to check out;
Final Words: To close Affirm account, all you need to do is to get in touch with Affirm customer service. Hopefully, the above article has helped you to know how to delete Affirm account!
How do I delete my Affirm account?
To close Affirm account, call (855) 423-3729 or email their customer support at [email protected].
What happens if I close my Affirm account?
You won’t be able to sign in or view your loan history after you close your account. Moreover, you also won’t be able to prequalify or apply for credit.
Is Affirm bad for your credit?
Although Affirm performs a soft credit check, it will not affect your credit score or show up on your credit score.
How do I cancel my loan on Affirm?
You can do this by contacting the store where you placed the order and letting them know that you’d like to cancel it.
How do I increase my credit limit with Affirm?
Your Affirm’s credit limit can be increased depending on on-time payments, and how you use Affirm.