How to Delete Zip Account [Complete Guide]
We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
If you are fed up with using Klarna and want to know how to delete Zip account, look no further. In this article, we’ll show you an easy and simple way to know how to cancel Zip on your device.
Zippay is an Australian fintech that functions in the United States, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, the United Arab Emirates, the Czech Republic, and South Africa.
Zip digital wallets have two types of interest-free accounts – Zip Money and Zip Pay. These can be used with retail partners in-store and online, wherever Zip is accepted.
There are a lot of reasons why you’d like to delete your Zip account, among them the common reason can email spamming by the company. So, keep on reading to find out how to cancel Zip easily.
How to Delete Zip Account?
Unfortunately, Zip doesn’t let you delete your account from the app or website, you’ll need to send a request to their customer service team.
Follow the steps mentioned below on how to delete Zip account easily;
- All you need to do is to go to Zip’s official website and log in to your account,
- Then, navigate to help and select Submit a request.
- Or you can visit this page to submit your request to Zip support.
If this didn’t work, you can follow the second method that is mentioned below on how to cancel Zip account.
- Open your email account that is registered with the Zip website or application.
- Now, enter [email protected] in the ‘To’ address.
- Type ‘Request to Delete My Zip Account’ in the subject section.
- Now, start writing an email asking them to delete or close your Zip account permanently.
- Also, don’t forget to mention your full name, address, date of birth, and the account that you’d like to close.
Note that before you wish to close your account, your outstanding balance should be $0. Only then, Zip will allow you to close or cancel your account.
Zip Customer Service
If you need any help with Zippay, you can also email their customer support at [email protected] or call them at (02) 8294 2345 between 9 am to 6 pm, Monday to Saturday. You can even mail them at 14/10 Spring St, Sydney NSW 2000.
Why Should You Delete Zip Account?
There can be a lot of reasons why you want to close Zip account. Nonetheless, here are some reasons;
- It needs a $40 minimum monthly payment to be made towards your balance every month.
- You’ll be charged a flat $6 service fee on the first of every month if you don’t pay your balance in full.
- It may charge a late fee of $5 if you’ve made no repayments for over 21 days.
- It performs a soft credit check when you apply, but remember that there will be no impact on your credit score.
So, here are some Zip pay alternatives that you might want to check out;
Final Words: Thus, in order to close Zip account, all you need to do is to get in touch with Zip customer service. Hopefully, the above article has helped you to know how to delete Zip account easily!
Alternatives: Top 7 Apps Like Zip to “Buy Now Pay Later” 
How do I close my Zip account?
All you need to do is to visit this page to submit your request to Zip support. Or you can email their customer support and request them to close or delete your Zip account. Don’t forget to mention your name, date of birth, email address, and a reason for closing the account.
Does Zip hurt your credit?
No. Although it performs a soft credit check, it doesn’t hurt your credit score to apply for one of its payment plans.
How would my Zip account be on hold?
Your Zip account may be placed on a temporary hold and remail in that state until extra information has been provided. Usually, this needs the completion of an identity verification check.
How do I contact Zip customer service?
If you require any help with Zip Pay, you can also email their customer support at [email protected] or call them at (02) 8294 2345.
Can I pay rent with Zip Pay?
Yes, simply enter the details in the ‘Pay your bills with Zip’ section, and it’ll process the payments for you.
Afterpay vs Quadpay vs Klarna vs Sezzle: Grand Comparison!