Are you looking for the best apps like Roadie? Want to know which service offers better service? Or maybe you want to earn extra cash as a driver.
You’ve come to the right place! Because of the COVID-19 pandemic, On-demand delivery apps like Roadie have helped you get whatever you want.
This article will show you a 12 Roadie Alternatives that will help you choose according to your needs and preferences.
Roadie is a leading delivery service which helps you to send whatever you like. It is entirely free and faster to use, and you can easily download it for Android and iOS devices. Additionally, it is also helpful for those individuals who want to earn some extra money as a side hustle.
Even though it offers several advanced features, it might be not right for you. Thankfully, there are several alternatives which you can choose.
Check out the list of similar apps like Roadie that will allow you immediately place an order for on-demand delivery of all kinds of essentials, or food, or whatever you like.
GoPuff is a customer good and food delivery service functioning in over 650 cities across the U.S. with around 250 fulfillment centers. Users can be able to order things online or through the GoPuff app and get the items delivered to their doorstep.
It usually delivers items typically found in convenience stores, such as drinks, toiletries, snacks, household items, and pet products.
- It instantly delivers the necessities you want and need.
- Delivery pricing never goes high – it is always $1.95.
- It securely accepts credit cards, debit cards, and UPI payments like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Venmo.
- Gain Points with every order and redeem them to unlock rewards, like daily & weekly discounts.
GoPuff for Driver
If you want to become a GoPuff driver, you can apply on their website! Keep on reading to know about GoPuff driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through GoPuff.
To become a GoPuff driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Vehicle insurance and registration
- Pass the training course for alcohol delivery
- Have a smartphone
- Should be willing and able to pass a prepaid alcohol delivery training course when applicable
GoPuff drivers earn through– Base fee per delivery + Tips + Mileage compensation. Currently, it offers a specific minimum rate per hour for its drivers.
It can also depend on the city you work in. According to Glassdoor, drivers are estimated to earn around $13-$14 per hour on average.
Since tips can always increase your income, the exact amount a GoPuff driver will make will differ from time to time.
Once you finish your online application, GoPuff will review your documents and perform a background check. Now, you can log in to the GoDriver app and start working!
GoDrivers get to choose their own schedule at least a week in advance. Once you sign up for an available shift, you are guaranteed to work those hours and must show up on time.
In several markets, they operate 24/7 and are open late everywhere else. So, type into your address on homepage, or in the app to see how late we’re open in your area.
As it doesn’t provide any vehicle requirements, the model and year of your car is not a significant factor. However, handling orders from minors makes an extra step in the delivery process.
DoorDash serves as an online food ordering and delivery service that partners with local restaurants to deliver food.
It is one of the largest food delivery companies in the United States and operates in several cities.
The most remarkable difference between DoorDash and other apps is, DoorDash has its own freelance delivery workers called “Dasher.”
They paid drivers through tips along with a base salary and by completing challenges.
- Available in over 4,000 cities in Canada, the United States and Australia.
- Order from all of your favorite restaurants or get snacks, groceries, alcohol, and essentials delivered right at your doorstep.
- DashPass subscription gives users unlimited deliveries with $0 delivery fees.
- Dasher can choose their own hours and enjoy flexibility over hourly, seasonal, or full-time work.
Doordash for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Doordash driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through Doordash.
To become a Doordash driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have an iPhone or Android smartphone
- Shouldn’t have any major driving violations in the last 7 years
- Driver’s license number
- Social Security Number (only in the United States)
- Definitely pass a criminal background check and an individualized valuation
Doordash drivers (Dasher) earn through– Base fee per delivery + Tips + Promotions. As a Dasher, you can entirely keep 100% of the delivery fee and customer tips. All tips offered before or after the delivery will be shown in Dasher’s earnings breakdown.
Base pay for Dashers typically ranges from $2-$10 per delivery based on the distance, predicted duration, and desirability of the order.
If the delivery requires Dasher to travel a longer distance, you’ll have a higher base pay.
Dasher can also earn more through promotions. These promotions comprise challenge bonuses and peak pay.
It’ll help you meet various earning goals for the week.
Currently, Doordash pays $2-$10 per delivery along with any challenge or promotion and tip.
Rates really depend on the size of your orders, how many miles you have to drive, and how quickly you can finish orders.
So, it can be a great gig if you are looking for a flexible job as you can work whenever or wherever you want. Nonetheless, your business expenses like gas, phone, and car insurance can be a little expensive.
Owned by Uber, Postmates is an American quick-commerce and food delivery service that provides local delivery of restaurant-made meals and other goods from pharmacies, grocery stores, and even electronics.
From broccoli to beauty products and medicines, you can get all the supplies you want to be delivered from nearby sellers.
Browse all the best restaurants in your area, add wonderful things to your cart and place your order!
Track your order on a map in real-time and get informed once your order arrives. If you want to earn extra money, Postmates can be the best Roadie alternative!
- Works in over 100 metropolitan areas around the United States.
- Offers local delivery of restaurant-made meals, grocery and other things.
- Browse the best restaurants nearby, add delightful things to your cart and place your order.
- Track your order on a map in real-time.
Postmates for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Postmates driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through Postmates.
To become a Postmates driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age and must be 21 to deliver alcohol.
- Be eligible to work in the United States
- Have access to a vehicle
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Have a valid Social Security number.
- Have a smartphone.
- Should be able to pass a background check.
According to Postmates, as a Postmates driver, you can make up to $1,500 every week, depending on the city.
Postmates pays its drivers for delivery based on pickup, drop-off, wait time, and distance.
Recently, it started an incentive program which guarantees you’ll easily make a certain amount of money. For example, if you complete 30 deliveries, you’ll earn $500. If you’ve completed 30 deliveries and have earned less than $500, Postmates will pay the difference.
Earn some extra cash with these 10 Best Apps like Field Agent to Earn Real Cash 
Unlike other services like Uber and Doordash, Postmates doesn’t offer a scheduling function.
You have to enable the white dot to receive alerts for every delivery request and click ‘Accept’ to take the delivery.
However, as a Postmates driver, you are categorized as an independent contractor and aren’t entitled to minimum wage.
So, whenever you want to make deliveries, just indicate that you’re available in the app, and for every accepted delivery, you’ll be shown the order’s complete products and where to pick them up.
GrubHub is one of the best apps like Roadie that connects diners with local restaurants. It is associated with over 115,000 restaurants across 3,200 cities in all 50 states of the United States.
It has both mobile and online made food ordering and delivery services from regional restaurants that are active in the U.S. Also, its portfolio of brands consists Seamless, LevelUp, Tapingo, AllMenus, and Menupages.
- Currently, it operates in over 2000 cities in the United States and London.
- It offers the largest selection of restaurants, including Greek, Chinese, Italian and more.
- Drivers can make competitive money and keep 100% of their tips.
- Drivers can work part-time, full-time, or in their spare time.
GrubHub for Driver
Keep on reading to know about GrubHub driver requirements and how much you can earn through GrubHub.
To become a GrubHub driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Should be 18+ years of age and 21+ in Las Vegas
- Must have a smartphone (Android or iOS)
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance for drivers
- Valid state I.D. or driver’s license for bike riders
- Have a data plan
- Have a checking account for direct deposit
- Have at least two years of licensed driving experience.
- Should be able to pass a background check.
GrubHub’s drivers earn based on mileage per hour, tips, time spent on the road and other additional offers.
You get to keep 100% of your tips and can participate in challenges, receive bonuses, sweepstakes to increase your pay.
Since it provides a guaranteed minimum hourly pay, preventing you from making any less than a minimum wage. Your payments reflect the amount you earned as a delivery driver with GrubHub.
By using the Instant Cash Out, you can cash your earnings out up to $500. However, if you don’t want to use the Instant Cash Out feature, you will receive payments on Thursday through direct deposit.
GrubHub drivers are independent contractors and not GrubHub employees. As a GrubHub delivery driver, you’ll have the ability to have flexible hours and can schedule what time of day and how many hours you would like to work.
Scheduling a delivery block is really important because Drivers who schedule blocks will be chosen over other drivers who didn’t schedule a delivery block.
You can also sign up for extra shifts to earn more! One of the main downsides is that all depreciation, maintenance, and auto insurance for your vehicle is your responsibility since GrubHub will not compensate you for that.
Pointpickup is an American business that assists as a carrier service for sellers and companies that need last-mile connectivity.
It has different features like vehicle type, size or weight, product type, delivery date, time, product time, location and route.
Since it offers the concept of pre-scheduled deliveries, drivers can choose deliveries according to their schedule.
It uses an intelligent delivery mechanism – Precision Matching System, available for app and web browsers.
- API technology for users to easily integrate existing order or e-commerce systems into the app.
- Drivers get a notification if any order matches their schedule.
- GPS feature for location accuracy helps drivers with fast delivery.
- Drivers have the facility to choose to pre-schedule as well as on-demand orders.
- Offers identity verification and order tracking to ensure the safe delivery of products.
Pointpickup for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Pointpickup driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through Pointpickup.
To become a Pointpickup driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Reside in the US
- Have a smartphone
- Social Security number and pass a background check
- Auto insurance and a vehicle that’s less than 20 years old.
- Bank account for direct deposit
According to Indeed reviews, the average Pointpickup delivery driver hourly pay in the United States is around $14.09.
Tips and the payment for the completed deliveries will be transferred to your Pointpickup or Stripe account after 24 hours.
Usually, Pointpickup lets you pre-schedule a few hours or a day of deliveries, along with the knowledge of how much you’ll earn and where you’ll be driving.
This feature makes it stand out from its competitors like Doordash and GrubHub.
However, many people have complained that the app is glitchy and sometimes stops functioning when you’re in the process of accepting jobs.
Also, the app typically allows only one delivery for every hour. Therefore, drivers won’t be able to work at their maximum effectiveness and thus will result in low wages. Lastly, you are also responsible for the site’s insurance deductible or any other issue.
Shipt is an American delivery company that delivers home products, groceries, and selected electronics. It offers same-day delivery from different sellers to its users.
Through a Shipt membership, customers can place orders for products from local sellers like CVS, Target, Publix, Jewel Osco, Shaw’s and Star Market, Lucky’s Market, ABC Fine Wine & Spirits, Roche Bros, and more.
- Shipt offers personal shopping and same-day delivery.
- It is available to over 80% of households in more than 5,000 U.S. cities.
- Shipt drivers and shoppers get to keep 100% of their tips.
- It offers perks through Benefit focus, which consists of supported auto insurance and discounted subscription plans.
- It is partnered with several local grocery stores and national sellers.
Shipt for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Shipt driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through Shipt.
To become a Shipt driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Have a car insurance
- Have an Android or iPhone
- Have a functional 4-door, mid-sized sedan or larger vehicle like SUV, a truck with a covered bed, or van
- Must be able to lift 40+ pounds
Shipt will deliver your paycheck every week. Your pay is based on the place you live. According to Indeed reviews, Shipt delivery person earns around $15 per hour.
As a Shipt Driver, you’ll have to pick up packages at a fulfillment center and deliver right at the customers’ door.
You can work as much as you want! That means you can enjoy same-day delivery for yourself and join a community to chat and swap tips with other drivers. Also, you even get free Shipt membership.
Favor offers the easiest way to get anything you like in your city delivered right at your doorstep. To become a Runner, you must pass a background and driving check.
It offers an online presentation program called ‘Orientation’, which provides helpful information on getting started as a Favor Runner.
During this orientation, they’ll tell you about how payments work, share tips & tricks to enhance your earnings, discuss scheduling options, and more.
- Runners are automatically covered with third-party liability.
- Browse menus from thousands of local restaurants and stores near you.
- Order anything and have it delivered right to you within an hour.
- Local Favor Runner Facebook Groups offer a safe space for active Runners to share experiences, exchange tips and tricks, and ask questions.
Favor for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Favor driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through Favor.
To become a Favor driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years old
- Android or iOS device
- Active United States Driver’s license
- Personal vehicle and insurance
- Bank account to process your direct deposit
- Must be able to pass a background check
Favor drivers – ‘Runners’ can earn 35% of the delivery fee and 100% of all tips. Runners who choose to schedule themselves ahead of time offer hourly incentives of $9-$10 per hour.
However, runners earn more with peak times and busy areas, ranging from $12-$18 per hour.
Runners are personal delivery assistants who use Favor service to order, pick up and deliver anything customers want.
Since Runners are independent contractors, they get to choose when, where and how regularly they work.
One of the best things about Favor is its flexibility of work, and there is no maximum or a minimum number of hours you should work!
Uber is an American service provider that functions in over 900 metropolitan cities around the world.
Its services are – electric bicycle, ride-hailing, motorized scooter rental, couriers, freight transportation, and food delivery.
Although it doesn’t own any vehicles, it receives a 25% commission for every booking.
Also, fares will be already quoted to the customer in advance. These can vary based on the pricing model on the local supply and demand during booking.
- Uber passenger app can help you discover where other drivers are. Request a ride from over 600 airports and in 10,000+ cities across the world.
- Uber can help you find the perfect ride according to your style, space, and affordability.
- Passenger tips are optional and can be paid in cash or through the Uber app.
Uber for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Uber driver’s requirements and how much you can earn through Uber.
To become an Uber driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Should have the minimum age requirement
- Must be legally allowed to drive in your country
- Valid documentation to drive in your country
- Proof of residency in your city or province
- A valid driver’s license
Uber drivers earn through a Standard trip fare, surge, and other types of earnings. The money you make driving with the Uber app really depends on when, where, and how regularly you drive.
View the heat map in your app to check when and where rider demand is high. In this way, you can earn more on top of your standard fare.
Also, you’ll can make money on additional passenger pickups on pools.
According to Uber, the estimated earnings of a driver for a week in Washington DC is $1187.
Driving with Uber can be really flexible and perfect for you. You get to decide when and how you want to drive.
If you finish a set off trips in a specific time when the offer is available, you can earn additional money. For instance, earn $30 extra for completing 20 trips this week.
You can increase your earnings through Uber Eats. You’ll have to receive food delivery gigs, pick up orders from restaurants, and deliver them to your customers within an hour.
Amazon Flex hires independent contractors to complete different kinds of deliveries. Flex drivers have to pick up packages from delivery stores, stations, and restaurants and deliver them to consumers by following the instructions from the Flex app.
While creating new opportunities for people worldwide, it is regularly determined to serve users better and flexibly.
It offers various delivery opportunities, such as Amazon.com, Store Orders, Prime Now and Amazon Fresh, and Instant orders.
- Amazon Flex is currently available in over 50 locations.
- It offers three delivery opportunities – Store order, Amazon Prime & Amazon Fresh, and Amazon.com.
- Set your own schedule and have the freedom to make deliveries according to your availability.
- It consists of features like delivery schedule, training videos, offers, account information, help & support resources, and delivery & program feedback.
Amazon Flex for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Amazon Flex driver requirements and how much you can earn through Amazon Flex.
To become an Amazon Flex driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be at least 21 to be a delivery partner
- You need to have a valid driver’s license
- Have a social security number
- Most deliveries require a 4-door, midsize sedan or larger vehicle (like an SUV, van, or a truck with a covered bed)
- Show proof of auto insurance
- Have an iPhone or Android smartphone
- Might have to pass a background check
According to Amazon Flex, most delivery drivers earn around $18 – $25 per hour. Actual earnings really depend on how long it takes to finish your deliveries, your location, tips you receive, and a few other factors.
Once you complete delivery and your tips are finalized, you’ll receive payments around 1-2 days after delivery.
Amazon Flex usually processes your payment twice per week on Tuesdays and Fridays. After that, you can see payments in your bank account on the next business day.
You’ll have to sign up for deliveries by choosing a ‘delivery block.’ Depending on what you have provided, Amazon will send you information on available blocks. Several users have complained that signing up for blocks can be really tough as there’s so much competition.
Since every block comprises a set number of deliveries that should be completed within the given time frame, Amazon Flex will not pay you more if your block takes more time.
Instacart is one of the best apps like Roahttps://www.instacart.com/die that functions as a grocery delivery and pick-up service in Canada and the United States. It permits users to order groceries from active vendors with the shopping being done by personal shopper.
This means, orders are fulfilled and delivered by a personal shopper, who picks the items, packs them and delivers the order within the consumer’s scheduled time frame. Users can pay with personal credit or debit cards, Apple Pay, Google Pay and EBT cards.
Seamless is another Roadie alternative which provides online food ordering service that lets users to order food for delivery and takeout from restaurants via a website or through the mobile application for iOS or Android as well as BlackBerry.
All you have to do is to enter your address, Seamless will provide you a list of restaurants which will deliver to the address. You can then select a restaurant, make an order from the online menu and order it by electronically by entering your credit card.
Deliveroo (Apps like Roadie/ For Other Countries)
Deliveroo is an online food delivery company that operates in more than two hundred locations across the United Kingdom, France, Australia, Belgium, Ireland, the Netherlands, Singapore, Spain, Kuwait, Hong Kong, Italy and more.
It offers the delivery service as well as order taking and marketing.
Users can place an order online or through the app, then self-employed motorcycle or bicycle couriers transport orders from restaurants to them.
- View your weekly schedule.
- Ability to track your earnings.
- Offers its drivers access to high-quality gear, including holders for your phone, lights, protective clothing and helmets.
- Available in over two hundred locations.
Deliveroo for Driver
Keep on reading to know about Deliveroo driver requirements and how much you can earn through Deliveroo.
To become a Deliveroo driver, you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be over 18 years of age
- Should not have unspent criminal convictions
- A smartphone – (iOS 11 and above) or Android (6.0 and above)
- Your own vehicle (bicycle, scooter, or car) with the required safety equipment
You get paid for every delivery you make and the exact delivery fee varies per order and consists of a variable distance fee. Once you accept the offer, you’ll be told of the delivery fee payable.
You get to keep 100% of any tips you receive. They typically pay fees every week on Tuesday. However, you can access your fee sooner by using its cash-out feature for a 50p fee.
Once you download the Deliveroo application and sign up, it’ll let you know whenever an order has been made in your area. Then, you can either swipe and accept the gig or ignore it.
If you accept the gig, you’ll have to update in the app regarding your arrival at the restaurant and collection of the food. In this way, customers can know how their order is progressing.
Final Words: What did you choose? Well, it really depends on your needs and requirements. So, I hope you have found the service from the above-mentioned list of the best apps like Roadie.