Netflix vs Sling TV: Streaming, Streaming, and Streaming! Just one click and anything and everything goes live on the internet and in a second the whole world knows. We all know currently the whole world revolves around streaming services. So when we talk about the entertainment we are entering into another huge world of online streaming to look for.
In this article, we are talking about the one and only Netflix and Sling TV as the rivalry to show the comparison between both of them in their content, packages, prices, channels, free trials, other benefits, and much more.
By the end of this article, we will know all in detail about Netflix vs Sling TV and how they are different but a perfect match according to your checklist.
Netflix vs Sling TV: Overlook
Netflix, period. No one needs a brief description of what is but here let us grab some sort of facts about Netflix. Netflix has till now won 44 Emmys till now and still hustling for more.
Netflix is in the industry since 1997 which initially started renting services for content namely movies. In the early 2000s, Netflix would give recommendations on what to watch and content on DVDs shipping around. But around 2007, Netflix started online streaming services instead of DVDs, and from then it’s still growing and growing.
Netflix in today’s numbering has more than 200 million subscribers who are from the long run and are currently enjoying all the exclusive paid services. Right now, Netflix has more than 1300 original content like TV shows and movies for its users to binge-watch.
To know more about Netflix, you just need to click here.
Sling TV is also a big name in live TV streaming services available in today’s world. Sling TV has 3-4 packages to choose from according to channels you want to watch and prices. If you are looking for pocket-friendly streaming services, Sling TV has a lot to offer with a free package of zero cost too.
Sling TV has huge selections of channels and rental movies are also available to their subscribers. Sling TV is popular for making your selection to watch very specific and paying only for the content and channels you want to watch and nothing additional to that.
To know more about Sling TV, you just need to click here.
Netflix vs Sling TV: Packages and Prices
Netflix Basic Plan
- Netflix Baic Plan costs you around $9.99/per month.
- This plan allows only one streaming at once.
- This plan allows only single device compatibility.
- This plan allows downloading episodes/movies for offline binge watch but only through one device and one screening.
Netflix Standard Plan
- Netflix Standard Plan costs you around $15.50/per month.
- This plan allows 2 screenings at once.
- This plan allows streaming on 2 compatible devices.
- This plan allows downloading movies and shows for offline binge-watching on 2 devices and 2 screenings.
Netflix Premium Plan
- Netflix Premium Plan costs you around $19.99/per month.
- This plan allows 4 screenings at once.
- This plan allows streaming on 4 compatible devices.
- This plan allows downloading movies and shows for offline binge-watching on 4 devices and 4 screenings.
Sling Free Plan
- Sling TV’s Free plan costs you zero. It’s a free package for the money minders.
- This plan allows you to watch more than 5000 TV shows and movies for free.
- In this service, you don’t even need any credit card information or email id registration for access.
Sling Orange Plan
- Sling TV’s Orange plan costs you around $30/per month.
- This plan allows the streaming of 32 channels in total.
- This plan allows a single streaming service to its users.
- This plan is well-curated for no extra add-on services and channels which are namely Disney Channel, ESPN, and much more.
Sling Blue Plan
- Sling TV’s Blue plan costs you around $30/per month.
- This plan allows the streaming of 47 channels in total.
- This plan allows the streaming of 3 devices to its users.
- This plan allows extra add-ons with subscriptions and channels namely NBC, FOX, and much more.
Sling Blue + Orange Plan
- Sling TV’s Blue+Orange plan costs you around $45/per month.
- This plan allows the streaming of 53 channels in total.
- This plan is a combination of Sling Orange and Sling Blue in one plan.
- Sling Orange lacks NBC channels and Sling Blue lacks Disney Channels, hence the combo plan of both the packages will offer you both the lackings.
Netflix vs Sling TV: Content Library and Channels
Netflix’s Content Library
TV Shows popular on Netflix namely are New Girl, Good Girl, Riverdale, The Vampire Diaries, Schitt’s Creek, Black List, Criminal Minds, Jane the Virgin, Gilmore Girls, Grey’s Anatomy, Thirteen Reasons Why, and much more.
Movies popular on Netflix are Fool’s Gold, The Longest Yard, The Lost Husband, Safe Heaven, Grown-Ups, Casino Royale, Step Brothers, Hairspray, Happy Feet, The Karate Kid, 21 Jump Street, Olympus Has Fallen, and much more.
Netflix Original’s category as TV Shows and Movies namely are Ozark, Virgin River, Queer Eye, Selling Sunset, Maid, Cheer, Cobra Kai, The Great British Baking Show, The Unforgivable, The Royal Treatment, Munic-The Edge of War, Don’t Look Up and much more.
Channels available on Netflix are limited. Hence Netflix won’t make you astonished in the Channel category. But channels are usually having their apps so you can check on them individually.
Sling TV’s Content Library
Sling TV’s popular shows namely are Diners Drive-Ins and Dives, Conan, Brother vs Brother, Rick and Morty, Teen Titans Go, The Walking Dead, The Kitchen, 3rd Rock from the Sun, Hell’s Kitchen, The Commish, Grace Under Fire, and much more.
Sling TV’s Channels
Sling TV offers many channels namely are BBC America, Disney, HGTV, Travel Channel, IFC, Cartoon Network, Discovery, CNN, Comedy Central, FOX, NBC Sports, NFL Network, and much more.
Netflix vs Sling TV: Device Support
Netflix is majorly available on all devices except a few. Mainstreaming devices for Netflix are Roku, LG TV, Samsung Smart TV, Microsoft, Asus, Sony, Apple, Google devices, and much more.
You can look for the full-fledged list of supporting devices, here.
Sling TV is available on many streaming devices namely Amazon Fire Stick, Apple TV, Roku, Android devices, Google Chromecast, Windows, Mac, Vizio smart TV, Samsung Smart TV, and much more.
You can look for the full-fledged list of supporting devices, here.
Netflix vs Sling TV: Free Trial
Netflix used to offer a 30-day free trial before, but currently, Netflix stopped the service of providing free trials. Now you cannot avail of the free trial services from Netflix. But they offer to subscribe to the plan and cancel anytime policy to watch content for free and get a refund on canceling.
Sling TV as Sling Free plan which offers you the content of 5000 shows and movies free. But they also offer a free trial of 7 days on the paid plans once you complete purchasing plan via submitting credit card information.
Netflix vs Sling TV: Comparison Table
|Free Trial||Netflix doesn’t offer any free trial services now.||Sling TV offers a free trial of 7 days on paid plans.|
|Free Plan||Netflix doesn’t have a free plan for its users.||Sling TV has a free plan for its users to watch shows and movies at zero cost.|
|Streaming Screens||Netflix allows from 2 to 4 streaming screens.||Sling TV offers 1-3 streaming screens.|
Ultimate Verdict: Netflix vs Sling TV – Which one is Better?
Netflix and SlingTV both are different if we go deeper. Sling TV offers Live TV Streaming services and limited shows and movies to watch whereas Netflix offers fewer TV channels and more sort of original shows and movies to binge-watch and download.
Hence, the ultimate choice between Netflix and Sling TV depends on what content you are willing to choose and pay for.
Is Sling TV better than Netflix?
Sling TV is cheaper than Netflix which may make it better in terms of the pocket-friendly option. But the content is still unique on both of these platforms.
Is Sling the best streaming service?
If you are talking about TV streaming, Yes. Sling is the best streaming service in terms of TV streaming compare to cable cords.
Peacock TV vs Sling TV: Comparison  Sling TV vs Paramount Plus: Comparison  Peacock TV vs Netflix: Complete Comparison  Tubi vs Netflix: Which is Better?