Netflix Basic vs Standard vs Premium: Differences? 
We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Netflix is a subscription-based video-on-demand service that offers unlimited TV shows and movies through its own productions (Netflix Originals) and distribution deals.
Since it is a subscription-based service, it offers various subscription plans with each offering unique features. These plans include Netflix Basic with ads, Netflix Basic, Netflix Standard, and Netflix Premium.
Are you wondering which among these is the best plan for you? We know it might be confusing to choose the best plan that meets your requirements. So, to help you with that, we have provided a detailed Netflix Basic vs Standard vs Premium comparison in this article. Keep on reading!
Differences between Netflix Basic, Standard and Premium
|Features||Basic with ads||Netflix Basic||Netflix Standard||Netflix Premium|
|Number of Screens||1 supported device at a time||1 supported device at a time||2 supported devices at a time||4 supported devices at a time|
|Content||Few movies and TV shows are unavailable but have unlimited mobile games||Unlimited TV shows, movies, and mobile games||Unlimited TV shows, movies, and mobile games||Unlimited TV shows, movies, and mobile games|
|Screen Quality||The quality resolution of screening under Netflix Basic with ads is in HD – Higher Definition.||The quality resolution of screening under the Netflix Basic plan is in HD – Higher Definition.||The quality resolution of screening under the Netflix Standard plan is in HD – Higher Definition.||The quality resolution of screening under the Netflix Premium plan is in Ultra HD-High Definition.|
|Resolution||The range of resolution of the Netflix Basic Plan is 480- 720 pixels.||The range of resolution of the Netflix Basic Plan is 480- 720 pixels.||The range of resolution of Netflix Standard Plan is 720p – 1080p (only a few).||The range of resolution of the Netflix Premium Plan is 1080p to 4K resolution.|
|Compatible Devices||All devices are compatible||All devices are compatible||All devices are compatible||All devices are compatible|
|DVDs Renting||NIL||The Netflix basic plan doesn’t allow DVD renting.||Netflix Standard Plan allows 1 disc at one time renting with unlimited renting of CDs in a month.||Netflix Premium plan allows 2 discs at one time renting with unlimited renting of CDs in a month.|
|Downloads||No downloads||On 1 supported device at a time||On 2 supported devices at a time||On 6 supported devices at a time|
In one word, starting with the budget-friendly options, Netflix Basic is the cheapest and most cost-conscious plan suitable for every individual. It is a basic plan but still has thousands of titles to watch on Netflix.
You can have access to all the Netflix shows and movies, but the only difference will be in the quality of screening and price fluctuations with few limitations.
Price of Netflix Basic
- The price of Netflix Basic is said to be $9.99 a month as a deal for unlimited access to Netflix movies and shows.
- The pricing is the cheapest among other Netflix Plans and hence it is also a budget-friendly plan.
Quality of Netflix Basic
- The quality you get for Netflix Basic is HD Definition for your laptop, phone, or television.
- The quality of screening under the Netflix Basic plan will be 720p pixels.
Key Takeaways of Netflix Basic
- The older titles of Netflix have been filmed in the Standard definition. But now, you can access content in 720p.
- It is a pocket-friendly option for cost-conscious people.
- It has all the shows and movies made available on mobile, laptop, or television screens.
- At a time, you can only telecast one number of screenings, it doesn’t allow multiple screen options at once.
- It still has one account operating but yet allows you to create multiple profiles in one account itself.
- If you are buying Netflix for yourself and have no one to share with, then the Netflix Basic plan is a great fit for you. Go solo with Netflix Basic Plan.
Netflix Basic with Ads
Netflix Basic with Ads plan is for people who are okay with the ads while watching TV shows or movies. With this plan, you can enjoy TV shows and movies in HD video quality (up to 720p) on one supported device.
It is only available in some countries including Brazil, France, Italy, Korea, Spain, the United States, Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, Mexico, and the United Kingdom.
Key Takeaways of Netflix Basic with Ads
- No downloads
- You can watch on one supported device at a single time.
- Although some TV shows and movies are not available, you can still get access to unlimited games.
- You can access your favorite game with no ads.
Netflix Standard has everything you can ask for – the best thing about this plan is all the Netflix shows and movies are available in HD which nowadays is a must.
Price of Netflix Standard
- The pricing of the Netflix Standard plan is stated to be $15.49 per month which is slightly higher than Netflix’s basic plan but cheaper than Netflix Premier Plan.
Quality of Netflix Standard
- It has HD quality screenings.
- The quality is usually by default to be 720p and 1080p for some titles.
- To run HD quality smoothly you will need good internet connectivity.
Key Takeaways of Netflix Standard
- It is the best fit for couples and duos who need two screenings at once or in general.
- It has HD quality screening between 720 to 1080p for the best experience.
- It gives access to all the Netflix shows and movies.
- It is best for adults who are jinxing between saving and fulfilling entertainment purposes.
- It has all the basic plan features with the extra features mentioned here.
Netflix Premium is for families. It is for the binge-watching fans who want everything best like PVR Cinemas. Netflix Premium is the costliest plan out of all the three plans on Netflix.
Netflix premium is the best plan for a 4K TV or monitors to screen ultra HD streaming. It is perfect for families who need their screens with different outlets and timings and also some family screening together on TV or so.
Price of Netflix Premium
- The price of the Netflix Premium app is $19.99/per month.
- The pricing of Basic, Standard, and Premium is kept more or less than 2 to 3 dollars and hence, the flexibility for the users is more.
Quality of Netflix Premium
- The quality for which everyone is crying is said to be Ultra High Definition for Netflix Premium Plan.
- With the Netflix Premium plan, you get an ultra HD screening of 4k resolution to keep an eye on every single minute detail of the cinematography of shows and movies.
Key Takeaways of Netflix Premium
- It is the costliest plan with the best features of ultra HD screening.
- The number of screenings available with the Netflix premium plan is said to be 4 screens at once.
- It has all the features on big family needs to binge-watch.
- Allows multiple accounts and profiles for up to 4 devices and also gives you the best resolution screen on your devices.
- It is a little costlier than the Standard plan but if you want to watch in great quality or superior quality to the HD screening, then Netflix Premium is a perfect fit.
- It is also a great fit for crammed flatshares, or group flatmates to easily sort out different screens for different individuals without paying extra for 4 basic plans or 4 standard plans.
Here, we come to the end of the article which shows the best of Netflix Basic vs Standard vs Premium Plans. In this article, you have seen the individual detailed content for all three plans of Netflix and the detailed overall comparison table.
We hope that now the difference between Netflix Basic vs Standard vs Premium is very clear in your head and now you can easily choose your perfect fit out of three plans of Netflix.
What is the difference between Netflix’s basic standard and premium?
The difference between Netflix’s basic standard and premium comes in the price range, and features like resolution quality, number of screens, etc.
What quality is Netflix Basic?
The Netflix basic comes with an SD quality of 480-640p.
Does Netflix Premium have more movies?
No. All three plans have equal levels of content in terms of shows and movies just with different resolutions and number of screenings.
What’s the difference between Netflix basic vs standard?
The difference between Netflix basic and standard is in the quality of resolution where basic has SD quality and the standard has HD quality. The number of screenings at one time is more in Netflix Standard than Netflix Basic.
What’s the difference between Netflix standard vs premium?
The difference between Netflix standards and Premium stands for the difference in resolution of screening and number of screens. The premium has got 4k screening resolution and more screenings than the standard plan does.
Peacock TV vs Netflix: Which Is Better For You? Netflix vs Sling TV: Which Is Better For You?  Tubi vs Netflix: Which is Better?  Pluto TV vs Sling TV: Which Is Better For You?  Crunchyroll vs Netflix: Which Is Best for Anime?  Showtime vs Hulu vs Netflix: Which Is Better?  Starz vs Hulu vs Netflix: Which Is Best?