We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Are you bored of watching the same content and genres each time you switch on the TV? Do you wish to watch content that holds different meanings, diversified experiences, and amazing stories? Then you must get yourself a subscription from a well-suited streaming service provider.
Showtime vs Hulu vs Netflix – do you know why these cables are so in demand recently? That’s because one after the other, they are releasing masterpieces like movies and series.
So, which one will have your favorite content? Which one will fit in your budget? Which one will allow the best experience to reach you? To get answers to all these questions, have a look at the Showtime vs Hulu vs Netflix comparison article below.
Showtime: Showtime is a television network that works on premium. It was founded in California in 1976. It is currently based in New York, United States.
Showtime is owned by the Paramount media network and also has a parent company – a premium network known as Showtime Networks. You can access the premium television network through any cable across the globe.
Hulu: Hulu is a well-known subscription streaming service launched in 2007 on October 29. It mainly works under The Walt Disney Company – as its subsidiary along with Comcast’s NBCUniversal.
Hulu is quite popular in the American States. It offers a wide majority of content from famous networks like ABC, FX, and NBC along with making its own Originals.
Netflix: Netflix Inc is a United States-based production company that works on subscriptions and is a well-known streaming service provider across the world. It offers a wide variety of movies and series–most of them being its own Originals.
Netflix was founded on 29th August 1997 by two bodies – Reed Hastings and Marc Randolph. They founded it in Scotts Valley, California. Currently, the brand’s headquarters are based in Los Gatos, California, United States.
Showtime: Showtime has one subscription plan for everyone costing $10 per month. It has a free trial of 30 days. In total, it will offer you 11 channels.
- $6.99 per month or $69.99 a year = this plan will support ads and give you access to all the ad-supported content in their streaming library.
- $12.99 per month = in this subscription plan, you will get everything similar to the first plan except there will be no ad breaks.
- $69.99 per Month = this subscription plan will give you access to Hulu + Disney+ + ESPN+ and live TV. You will be able to access the feature of on-demand content and live streams from Popular entertainment, news, and sports channels. What is the disadvantage? You will have ad breaks in the middle.
- $75.99 per Month = Through this subscription plan, you will be able to access the same premium channels except there will be no ad breaks. But – this is only for the content on Hulu.
- The basic plan will cost you $10 per month with streaming available on 1 screen in SD resolution.
- The standard plan will cost you $15.50 for streaming on 2 screens in HD resolution.
- The premium subscription plan will cost you $20 per month with access to streaming on 4 different screens in HD plus ultra HD quality.
Working for all the 3 Premium channels is similar. You can opt for a subscription on their official websites or think about downloading the apps. Once you pay for your desired subscription, switch on the app or navigate to the screen and start streaming your favorite content.
User Interface Experience
Showtime: Showtime will work perfectly if you plan on using it on different streaming providers like Adams Cable Service, ALLO Communications, Ashland Home Network, or Amazon. It will also for no commission – best for the ones who would like it for free.
Hulu: Hulu has a vast content library and works smoothly as long as you have the best compatible device and a good network connection. Only with a subscription, you can take hold of popular content from other channels as well as Hulu’s Originals.
Netflix: Netflix has simple working and can be handled by a rookie too. It might be a bit complicated to connect the channel with your device on TVs but for the ones downloading the app on their mobiles and tablets – it is an easy job.
Showtime: Showtime does have an application but according to its customers – the big screen experience without the app is what they recommend the most.
Hulu: Hulu’s app is easy to use but requires a better understanding and patience with the application. If you are a new user – you just strictly follow the guidelines set by the service to help.
Netflix: The working of Netflix is smooth with a good network connection. You get all the vital points like your library, your account, your favorites, and the new release right in front when you switch on the app.
- Apple devices
- Oculus Quest
- Amazon Devices
- Portal TV
- LG Smart TVs
- Oculus GO
- Android Tablets and Smartphones
- Roku Devices
- Android Tablets and Smartphones
- Echo Show
- Dire Tablets
- Fire TV and Stick
- Apple TV (4th Gen and later)
- Android TV (Selective Models)
- iPhones and iPads
- Xfinity Flex Streaming TV Box
- Contour 2 and Contour Stream Player
- Xfinity X1 TV Boxes
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Roku (Selective Models)
- Samsung TV (Selective Models)
- Mac and PC apps and Browser
- Apple TV
- Mi TVs
- Toshiba TVs
- Sony TVs
- Panasonic TVs
- Sharp TVs
- Samsung TVs
- Philips TVs
- LG TVs
- Hisense TVs
- Xbox 360
- Xbox Series X1S
- Xbox One
- Apple Smartphones
- Android Smartphones
- Windows Phone
Showtime: You can personalize all the cables according to your needs and make changes in default settings.
Showtime: Showtime allows 5 users to use one subscription on different screens.
Hulu: Hulu allows two different screens to run through one subscription.
Netflix: It depends on which plan you subscribe for. It has options of allowing 1 user to 4 users to watch through one subscription.
You can find the settings page on all the respective apps and websites as soon as you lay your eyes on the screen. The page will most likely contain all the personalization options and such along with your profile information and account information.
- Supports the Spanish language if you enable the SAP option on the app or website.
- Showtime is available for streaming worldwide.
- It has content for almost all types of genres like Made-for-TV, Martial Art Matches, and more.
- Supports HD quality.
- You can stream the episode of any series released last night by famous Networks.
- The content, most of the time, is Family-friendly.
- It has Cartoons for Kids and Adult Anime for Adults.
- It streams award-winning Original documentaries, movies, and Series.
- Stream content produced by other famous networks.
- You do not need a high-speed net to stream in HD Quality.
- The website and app are free from bugs most of the time.
- The software is beginner-friendly. You do not need the experience to handle your account either on the big screen or small screen.
Showtime: Showtime, SHO Women, Showtime Showcase, SHO Next, SHOxBET, Showtime Family Zone, and Showtime 2 are a few of the channels by Showtime.
Hulu and Netflix: both Hulu and Netflix give all their content on one single channel. They do not offer different channels like Showtime and other Real premium cables.
For the people who are here to get the cheapest streaming service provider among the three – We would recommend you go for Netflix. It not only has easy-to-use software but also offers a great number of legendary movies and series at reasonable prices.
Apart from Netflix – Both Showtime and Hulu deserve a bit of attention for their amazing features and benefits. They give Originals, real-time action, and meaningful stories – everything to keep you hooked up at the screen for hours.
In conclusion – you must choose the best one which suits your taste perfectly. We hope the above article on Showtime vs Hulu vs Netflix has helped you choose one.
Showtime vs Hulu vs Netflix: Which is better?
If you want to know the cheapest among them, Netflix is at the top. But for top-notch Service Provides, we recommend you try out either Showtime or Hulu.
Showtime vs Hulu vs Netflix vs Amazon Prime: Which is the best?
If you were looking for the cheapest streaming place among the 4, Amazon Prime is your Answer. Although it does not offer a vast variety of content like Netflix and Top-notch services like Showtime and Hulu, it will still do its part nicely.
Starz vs Hulu vs Netflix: Which Is Best?  Starz vs Cinemax vs Showtime vs HBO: Which is Best? Epix vs Starz: Which is Better?