Expedia vs Priceline – Is Priceline better than Expedia? Know all the answers in our Expedia vs Priceline Comparison Article.
Whether you are planning a family vacation or it is all about the business trip – where you are focusing on impressing your Boss for a beautiful promotion.
In either of the cases – you might have already started the search to find the best online travel agency to help you get the best out of the best. Even if you haven’t, we have the top two Recommendations for you – Expedia vs Priceline.
Expedia vs Priceline which is better? Is Priceline owned by Expedia? Are Expedia Hotels good? Is Priceline worth it? Find all the answers to your question and bonus information in the article below.
Expedia: Expedia group of companies is an American-based company for online shopping in the travel sector. It supports consumers and small travel businesses.
Expedia Group was founded by Rich Barton in 1996 on 22nd October in Redmond, Washington, United States. Its current headquarters are situated in Seattle, Washington, United States.
Expedia Group has a list of subsidiaries – Orbitz, Travelocity, Trivago NV, CheapTickets, HomeAway, Hotels.com, Hotwire, VRBO and more.
Expedia group’s website mostly focuses on fares and metasearch engines – all related to Travel. It includes Expedia as well as its other subsidiaries like – CarRentals and more.
The ownership of Expedia group goes to USA Interactive. Carnival Corporation, Priceline, Booking, Airbnb and TripAdvisor are the top competitors of Expedia.
Priceline: Priceline is a well-known American-based travel agency that helps you find ongoing offers and discount rates for all travel-related purchases. Along with airline tickets, hotel and accommodation prices and information are also included.
Priceline works as a subsidiary company under Booking Holdings company, Lowestfare LLC, Travelweb LLC, Getaroom, and Priceline International Ltd are a few of its same level subsidiaries.
The company was founded in 1997 by Scott Case and Jay S Walker. Brett Keller, 2016 has taken the position of CEO of the company. Its current headquarters can be found in Norwalk, Connecticut, United States.
Travelocity, Southwest Airlines, Expedia group, American airlines, Orbitz, and Expedia are a few of its top-ranking competitors.
Expedia: The Expedia group of companies is famous across the world. It is one of the world’s leading online travel brands that offers full service for travellers. It helps travellers to plan their vacation or business trips and book their whole trips on their website.
Expedia has different Hotels, Vacation Rentals, Rental cars, Flights, Attractions, Activities, Cruises, Services and Vacation Packages. This simply means – that once you enter Expedia , you are not required to switch tabs and move on to other travel agency sites for the remaining things. You can get everything at Expedia.
One of the famous benefits offered by Expedia is – that there are no strict cancellation policies and you can get tickets for last-minute deals.
Priceline: Priceline is a worldwide famous OTA where you can find everything to plan a perfect trip with family or a business trip with your boss and colleagues.
With the help of priceline – you can start by booking flights and hotels. You also have a wide range of Rental cars and everything else in option.
What is the catch? At Priceline, you can book exclusive hotels and save up to 10% on every booking. The same goes with the VIP rental car when you rent a car from the VIP fleet listing, you get a discount of up to 10% compulsorily.
In the add on deals section – you can save up to 50% on hotels and 20% on car rentals – all this when you add extra bookings to your ongoing trip. Also, under the Insider coupons section – you get an Exclusive 5% Express deal on cars after every trip you complete with Priceline.
Priceline business travel
Priceline is one of the prestigious and professional leading booking websites across the world. It is not only famous for providing good local experiences in booking but also has expanded its franchises across several countries in the world.
Priceline business travel experiences from the past customers seem to appear nice and good. Although you will not get many deals for business travellers from Priceline compared to family trips, you can make use of common deals available.
The main reason why many businesses use the Priceline business travel option is because of its professional way of working and accuracy in results. The pricing and quality of the services seem to get along well which makes it good for business travel automatically.
Priceline vs Expedia for flights
On their website, on the white box after you tap on the flight’s option, you will see the changes in the blanks provided below. To start with the blanks, first, you have to select what kind of trip it is. If it is a round-trip, one-way trip or multi-destination trip.
Moving to the blanks, the first and second blanks will ask you from where you are going to depart and where you are going to land. The next blank will be a calendar when you are required to set the departing and returning dates accordingly.
The next blank will ask you how many adults and children are going. After that, you are required to select the cabin class on the flight. After checking the information you have put in, tap on the blue button and it will show you all the available flights according to your preferences.
Priceline provides free cancellation for most flights. You will get additional details on eligible companies and flights. Once you have decided on a flight, go for the booking and by following a few steps you have to pay for the flight ticket. You are all done.
Compared to priceline , Expedia does not have that many blanks to be filled. After you visit their website and tap on the flight’s section, a similar kind of white box with blanks will appear.
Choose if the trip is the return or any other type and select the number of travellers who are going to be on the trip. Along with the same, select the class cabin you are looking for on the flight.
The first blank and the second line will ask you where you are going to leave and where you are going to land. The next two blanks will ask for the dates of departing and return. Once re-checked everything, tap on the search button and it will show you all the available options.
For booking any flight, tap on the flight and add the details required. The last step of the booking will be payments for the tickets. After you have paid for the tickets, you will be given a digital print of the tickets.
Expedia – the below mentioned pros and cons of Expedia are from Expedia’s current and past customers. The points were settled after studying the customer reviews of the agency.
- Looking at the prices and discounts at Expedia – the prices are comparatively lower and discount rates are higher.
- The payment plan option at Expedia allows you to pay for the whole expense separately in instalments. You are not required to pay for the whole booking and trip in one go at the start.
- With the help of the Travel Insurance policy option given by the website – you can purchase it and it can take all your trip’s expenses on its shoulders. The insurance can be bought for any type of trip and you can pay for the interest accordingly.
- The last-minute deals can be yours if you choose Expedia. This option is valid for flights and hotels listed at Expedia.
- You are allowed to cancel any bookings without getting charged only if you are cancelling within 24 hours after purchase. If you opt for cancellation after that, the company will send you a message including the cancellation fees.
- The customer service seems to go slow and carefree. If you are facing any problem – it is unlikely you will get the problem solved with the help of the customer service team of Expedia. They are not always slow but if you dialled the number and a slow customer care team member picked it up, it is your bad luck.
- There are very few options and opportunities to upgrade on any part of the website.
Priceline – Priceline, compared to Expedia, has a better rating in every section. However, this can be the case because Priceline is less famous and widespread compared to Expedia.
- If you are a member of the Priceline loyalty program named Priceline VIP, you get a lot of extra benefits. The club is free to join and can help you get access to multiple benefits and a VIP discount right after you sign up.
- Priceline has a special app that can be installed on both Apple and Android devices. With the help of the Priceline app – you get access to Deals-tonight-nearby and Tonight-only-deals along with the ‘Road-deals’.
- For every hotel you choose from the listed hotels at Priceline – you have several opportunities to find amazing deals for Premium Hotel Boutique.
- According to the Priceline customer reviews – it seems that it is quite complicated to find the best price and best deal. To ensure the deal you have is the best – you are required to go through all the mediums like Road deals, Mobile deals, Express deals, Discount coupons, Price breakers, VIP deals and Tonight-only deals. Correct, sounds pretty hard.
- Most of the Priceline bookings including Hotels and other accommodations are 100% non-refundable. Meaning – if you choose a hotel for accommodation and for some reason you are unable to continue with the plan, you have wasted 100% of the money you spent.
|Companies||Owner of||Locations Covered Worldwide|
|Expedia||Expedia Holdings is the owner of Hotels.com, Hotwire group, Trivago, Travelocity, Cheaptickets and Orbitz.||Expedia Group has over 200 websites that can be accessed by 70+ country’s citizens.|
|Priceline||Priceline Group is the owner of Kayak and Booking.com.||Priceline Group operates in a total of 45 countries.|
Comparing Priceline to Expedia, Expedia has a greater number of subsidiaries working under it and is operating in more countries and regions. This also means – that if you choose Expedia, you might get a larger library of options in all sections.
But, this certainly does not mean the Priceline group is any less. It works in 45 countries just fine with over 250 million customers to this date. It has over a 4.5 overall rating on the Internet.
Both Expedia and Priceline agencies are best at the work Overall. We saw how Expedia customers claim that the website is cheaper than other travel agencies including Priceline. But, as it does not have good customer care service and is a bigger entity if you face any problem, you might not be able to get through it easily.
Expedia vs Travelocity: Which is Right For You?  Expedia vs Booking.com: Complete Comparison  Expedia vs Kayak: Which Is Right For You?  Google Flights vs Expedia: Which Is Better?  Orbitz vs Expedia: Which is Right For You? 
Which are the best Google flight websites?
Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, and Booking.com are a few of the best Google flights websites.
Is Priceline owned by Expedia?
No. Priceline Group is an independent online agency acting as the Parent organization for Kayak and Booking. It is a worldwide famous company and is not owned by Expedia or any other company.
Expedia vs TripAdvisor which is the best?
In the battle of Expedia vs Tripadvisor, we would recommend you to go for Expedia as it has a large library of options and is cheaper than other travel agencies.
Is Expedia the same as Priceline?
No. Expedia and Priceline are different websites. They both are independent and famous across the globe. Both of them are Parent organisations for subsidiaries like Booking holidays, Travelocity and Orbitz.
Is Priceline or Expedia cheaper?
Based on the customer reviews from both the travel agencies – Expedia appears to be not only cheaper than Priceline but also the cheapest among other online travel agencies.
Is Priceline cheaper than Expedia?
Expedia is a second party in the business. The prices on this site fluctuate according to the demand and liking of the listing owner. Compared to this, Price line shows you accurate prices which only change once in a while. Also, they do not act as a complete second party and take extra a big profit out of bookings like Expedia.
Top 7 Sites like Hotwire for Flights, Hotels, Car Rentals  8 Best Sites like Booking.com & Booking.com Alternatives