We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Avis vs Enterprise: Owning a car brings many responsibilities which may make the buying of a car tipsy for many. Car needs to be taken care of like how humans care for babies.
If the car is not been taken good care of, the maintenance will cost you more than the usual miniature expenses. Hence, many people go for rental car options with less hassle than buying one and taking care of it.
Renting a car seems to be tougher than choosing a place to start your trip from. But technology has eased down kind of 60% of work to be done when renting a car. Today, there is plenty of options o the plate to choose from as car renting services and each of them has unique and exclusive offers and deals for its customers.
By the end of the article, you will get to know about how Avis and Enterprise work, what they have to offer, their pricing and fleet details, how much they hold on your card, and much more.
Avis vs Enterprise: What are they?
Avis is also American based car renting company and currently serves more than 165 countries. Avis was founded 76 years ago by Warren Avis in the year 1946.
Geographically Avis serves more than 5500 locations and has opened the initial international centers in Mexico, Canada, and Europe. Avis runs on revenue of $5.3 billion according to the reports 2019.
Enterprise is a nickname to Enterprise Rent-A-Car an American-based car renting company providing its services to more than 9000 home cities and 419+ airport locations. Enterprise has been founded 65 years ago in the year 1957 by St. Louis in Clayton, Missouri.
The parent company of Enterprise Rent-A-Car is Enterprise Holdings. Enterprise Rent-A-Car was founded by Jack C. Taylor and currently is in hands of Andrew C Taylor who is in the position of Executive Chairman and Chrissy Taylor who is president and Chief Executive Officer.
Avis vs Enterprise: How does it work?
The procedure of Buying/Renting Car from Avis:
- Firstly, you have to search online for the Avis availability in your area. Once your location is fixed and found a car nearby you can ask your mechanic to check the car.
- Once your mechanic checks the car and finds it in a good condition, you can book a test drive for the same. If you are looking for buying a car, you can offer a trade-in option too.
- If you are looking for renting a car, after the test drive you can book a rental location too.
The procedure of buying/renting a car from Enterprise:
- You have to search online for the locations and services offered by Enterprise in your location.
- If you find a vehicle according to your choice in the local enterprise center, you can directly call the dealership to see the test drive availability of the car.
- Once you have done the contact with the dealership you can book a test drive for the same and get it inspected.
- Once the inspection is completed you can choose to buy or rent option. Enterprise also offers a trade-in feature to do so.
- Once you select the choice out of trade-in, rent, or buy, you can finalize the payment options, location and check the vehicle history report for the safety measure.
Avis vs Enterprise: Pricing
- Avis’s pricing range is from $10,000 to $60,000 overall.
- Avis also has a facility to apply through the banking partners or credit unions with the financial terms.
- Avis also charges delivery fees ranging from $175 to over $1000.
- Enterprise pricing range is from $7000 to $80,000 overall.
- Enterprise allows financing but not through the Enterprise outlet.
- Enterprise also charges for delivery from $200 to $2000.
- Enterprise also offers a return policy that will cost you around $200.
Avis vs Enterprise: How much do they hold onto your Card?
Avis holds more than $200 onto your card until you return the vehicle after the rental journey is over. When talking about the renting services available at the airport location, they charge a deposit of up to $350 onto your cards.
Renting a car from Enterprise for the airport location will hold up to 120 percent of your card, till you return the vehicle in good condition. They have a different range of security deposits for different cases of events.
Enterprises hold up to $200 for the airport locations, $250-$300 for the city locations, $216 to $44 for an economy car, and much more.
Avis vs Enterprise: Fleet & Features
- Avis mainly offered the range of General Motors namely Chevrolet and Cadillac and also non-GM brands namely Ford and Toyota and much more.
- Vehicles have low mileage and are new in terms of resale up to 2 years and not more.
- The vehicles offered by Avis for renting and buying are scheduled for maintenance from time to time and offer to rent and buy only after all maintenance and services are completed.
- Enterprise’s exclusive feature is the wide selection range of vehicles worldwide.
- The prices offered by Enterprise are competitive.
- Enterprise also offers a 7-day return purchase policy for hassle-free return services.
Avis vs Enterprise: When Do They Return Deposit?
When you returned the vehicle in the completely best position without staining or damaging the quality of the vehicle, they will check again for the same. And after the evaluation gets completed and they approved the condition of the car is good. They will opt for returning the deposit taken.
It takes up to 10 to 14 business days to reflect the amount in your bank account when Avis transfers the amount back.
When the vehicle is returned in a good condition and evaluated after the vehicle returned and reports are positive with no damage, then they will return the deposit. It will take up to 5 to 20 business days to do so.
Avis vs Enterprise: Key Difference
|Car hiring locations||Available in over 160 countries including Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, United States, Canada, Caribbean, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East||Has branches in over 7,600 locations, including Australia, Caribbean, Latin America, Middle East, Asia, Canada, Europe, United States|
|Types of cars available||Vans/trucksSports carsCompact carsSUV/minivansEco-friendly vehicles Sedan Commercial vehicles 4WDSpecialty vehicles||Vans 4X4 vehicles Premium sedanSUV/minivanSedan|
|Type of insurance included||All standard rentals come with a loss damage waiver. Third-party insurance is also included at selected locations and additional insurance is available for purchase||Standard cover is included with damage liability or loss liability. Extra insurance can also be purchased|
|Fueling agreement||Add Fuel Service Option in advance for a full tank of gas and return the car back empty||You can refuel the vehicle to the same fuel level upon picking up the vehicle or you’ll be charged the local Enterprise rate which is usually above the local pump price. Or you can also prepay for fuel|
|Can I smoke or carry a pet in the car?||You cannot smoke but you can carry pets at most Avis locations||You cannot smoke but you can carry pets but clean the car before returning it|
|Can I drive out of state?||Yes||Yes|
|Do I require a deposit?||No||No|
|What are the car rental requirements?||Drivers should be at least 25 years old Valid driver’s license that has been held for a consecutive 12 months License not in English need an International Driving Permit||Driver should be at least 21 years old Have a valid driver’s license held for at least 12 months Overseas license might need an International Driving Permit|
|Can I pay in cash?||Yes||No|
|Will they pick me up?||Yes, if you are within five miles of the rental facility||Yes, during normal business hours from non-airport locations|
|Does it allow reservation cancellation?||Yes, Changes and cancellations can be made online up to 24 hours before the rental period without a fee. However, changes after or during the rental period need a fee||Cancellations can be made online before you pick up your vehicle. In many cases, complete refund will be given minus cancellation fees.|
|Can I add extra driver?||Yes, Additional drivers include family members and work colleagues without a fee. Otherwise, you’ll need to pay a $5 fee daily which is capped at $25||Yes, additional drivers should mee the age and license requirements and present their license while collecting the car. Fee might apply outside of Australia|
Avis vs Enterprise: Difference
|Number of Vehicles||Avis also offers many cars to be sold, buy or rent around 10,000 and more.||Enterprise offers more than 10,000 vehicles for resale, buy, and rental base.|
|Price Range||The price range of Avis is starting from $10,000 to $60,000.||The price range of Enterprise is from $7000 to $80,000.|
|Financing Help||Yes, Avis also offers financing through their outlet, credit unions, and banking partners.||Enterprise helps for financing but bot through their outlet.|
|Warranty Period||The warranty period offered by Avis is of 12 months from the purchasing date and miles coverage of 12,0000.||Enterprise offers 12 month warranty period from the day of purchase.|
|Return Policy||Avis also offers a return policy of 7 days up to the miles coverage of 250 from the date of purchase.||Enterprise also offers a return policy of 7 days or 1000 miles.|
|Fees on Delivery||Avis charges delivery fees starting from $175 up to $1000 overall.||Enterprise charges delivery fees from $200 to $2000.|
Ultimate Verdict: Is Avis better than Enterprise?
To choose best out of Avis or Enterprise is a tough call. The decision is upon the services and features both have to offer. For the pocket-friendly option, Avis is cheaper than Enterprise hence Avis wins.
But from the rating point of view, Enterprise is chosen more than Avis for the car renting services.
Is Avis cheaper than Enterprise?
Yes, a Comparative study shows that Enterprise has higher charges and is costlier compared to other car renting services.
Are Avis and Enterprise the same company?
No, Avis owns ZipCar, Payless, and Budget whereas Enterprise owns National and Alamo.
Is Avis part of Hertz?
No, Avis, Enterprise, and Hertz are three different car renting services.
Avis vs Sixt: Which Is Better For You?  Must Try these Apps like Turo to Rent a Car!  Turo vs Zipcar: Which is Better?  Budget vs Enterprise: Which Is Better For You?  Must Try these 24 Sites like Carvana, If you want to Buy/Sell a Car! Dollar vs Enterprise: Which Is Better For You?  Hertz vs Enterprise: Which is Right for You? Alamo vs Enterprise: Which is Right For You? Avis vs Budget: Which is Better For You?  Turo vs Enterprise: Complete Comparison  National vs Enterprise: Which Is Better For You?