We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Every day, the number of streaming options increases. And selecting the ideal service is getting really difficult.
In this article, we’ll be talking about YouTube TV vs Fios TV and explaining how they differ from one another and which can be best for you. Popular streaming services like YouTube TV and Fios TV provide various content and support a wide range of devices.
Since its start, YouTube TV has combined the best to offer on its platform, including live TV, on-demand movies, TV shows, limitless DVR storage, YouTube videos, and the most recent news clips.
On the other hand, Fios is a fiber-optic TV service that is fast and reliable. And it offers you a facility for customizing, making it stand out from the rest.
In order to learn more about YouTube TV vs. Fios TV, keep reading.
YouTube TV vs FIOS TV: Overview
With over 100 television networks available, YouTube TV provides on-demand content, live TV, and cloud-based DVR.
It offers unlimited storage cloud-based DVR solution that keeps recordings for 9 months. Each subscription permits up to three simultaneous streams and can be shared among up to six accounts.
Fios is a fiber-optic TV service that promises to provide you with hundreds of channels, many of them in HD, with and visual quality that is as clear as glass.
You may take control of your TV viewing with Fios TV by selecting the five channels you want to watch. Following that, Verizon will suggest a TV channel lineup depending on your choices.
YouTube TV vs Fios TV: What do they offer?
Depending on your location, the YouTube TV channels list offers over 100 live TV channels in addition to the YouTube Originals channel.
The more well-known networks on YouTube TV are AMC, Bravo, FX, and USA. Additionally, a large number of 24-hour news channels are available, including BBC World News, CNBC, Fox News, and MSNBC. The newest channels on YouTube TV include Turner Classic Movies, CNN, TNT, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and truTV.
Among its extra networks are The Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Animal Planet, Travel Channel, and MotorTrend.
Additionally, it provides access to additional sports networks, including Fox Soccer Plus, Fight Network, Stadium, beIN Sports, NFL RedZone Channel, and GolTV.
To view more entertainment alternatives, you can also select from a range of channel add-ons.
|Channel||Add-on monthly price|
|Sports Plus||$11/mo. Or $80/yr.|
|Starz + Epix||$12|
|NBA league Pass||$15/mo. Or $70/yr.|
With your Fios TV, you get access to ABC, CBS, CW, FOX, MyNet, NBC, Telemundo, and Univision. You get to pick your top five favorite channels, and Fios will suggest a tailored channel lineup based on your selections.
Over 425 channels are available with Fios TV. This includes premium networks like Starz, HBO, and Showtime. Additionally, Cinemax and Epix have enough movies and TV shows on their schedules to keep you and your family occupied.
NHL Center Ice, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv Premium, MLS Direct Kick, and FOX Soccer Plus are few of the sports networks available on Fios.
TV vs FIOS TV: How they stack up!
- You can also view TV episodes and movies whenever you want.
- It allows you to ‘record’ a show or movie so that you can watch it again whenever you choose.
- You can watch YouTube TV simultaneously on up to three devices. Unlimited streams while connected to your home network are another perk of the 4K plus add-on subscription.
- You can watch many of the channels available with a YouTube TV subscription’s on-demand content after it first airs.
- Simple voice commands can be used to carry out tasks like choosing a live TV channel.
- You can keep watching YouTube TV in a smaller window while working on something else in the foreground if you’re using an Android or iOS smartphone.
- You can watch all of your favorite shows from anywhere with its app.
- It enables you to personalize your channel lineup so that you only pay for the channels you actually use.
- It provides the Test Drive package so that you can try it out.
Pricing and Plans
- The monthly price is $64.99.
- Provides over 100 channels of English and Spanish-language entertainment, news, live sports, and other content.
- Includes networks for the NFL, NBA, and MLB.
- Includes Nickelodeon, BET, Comedy Central, MTV, and PBS.
- Unlimited cloud DVR storage with the option to pause, fast-Forward, and rewind.
- No yearly agreement.
- 6 accounts and 3 streams per household.
- No contracts, cable box, or extra costs.
You can visit the page to get more information about its plans.
- There are four different plans for Fios TV:
- Your Fios TV plan- $70/month, 125+ channels
- More Fios TV plan- $90/month, 300+channels
- The Most Fios TV- $110/month, 425+channels
For Fios TV test drive plan you can visit here to get more information about Fios plan.
Pros and Cons
- All the major sports networks are available on YouTube TV.
- The DVR storage space is limitless.
- Enables add-ons.
- Can simultaneously stream on three different devices.
- The Tennis and History channels are absent from YouTube TV.
- Your recordings are deleted after nine months.
- There isn’t a yearly contract with Fios.
- Receive a channel lineup that is specific to your plan.
- Its app allows for limitless simultaneous device streaming.
- Not readily available everywhere.
- Only five popular channels can be chosen, after which you receive a package of ‘suggested’ channels.
- You must rent Verizon’s router for all plans.
On any device that supports it, you can watch YouTube TV. On your smartphone (iOS and Android), Amazon Fire TV devices, Roku players and TVs, Apple TV and Apple TV 4K, Vizio SmartCast TVs, TiVo Stream 4K, Samsung & LG smart TVs, HiSense TVs, and other devices, you can download YouTube TV.
Using Google Chromecast, Android TV, Google Smart Displays, or AirPlay for Apple TV, you can also broadcast YouTube TV to your Apple TV.
The streaming app from Fios is compatible with Chromecast, Android devices running Android 5.0 and higher, Amazon Kindle and Fire devices running Android 5.0 and higher, and iOS devices running iOS 12 and higher.
YouTube TV comes with unlimited cloud DVR storage, it saves downloaded video for nine months. The best part is that it is included as standard equipment in every plan and is free of charge.
An incredible 100 hours of Cloud DVR storage are included with verizon FiOS TV, allowing you to save the kinds of content you intend to watch later. However, this can be upgraded to Premium.
Therefore, YouTube TV distinguishes itself from verizon FiOS TV by offering unlimited Cloud DVR at no additional cost.
Which is better?
YouTube TV is a better option for personalization, limitless DVR, cost, and portability. While Fios offers greater usability, dependability, and channel variety. Fios offers superior picture quality, although YouTube TV offers better 4K picture quality.
But while talking about regional sports networks Fios is superior to YouTube TV. Therefore, which is better for you depends on your needs and priorities.
In this article, we compared YouTube TV vs Fios TV which are both two excellent streaming service. Both have some similar features but there are also differences in some ways.
We hope this article has helped you find all the answers to your questions about YouTube TV and Fios TV and you choose one of the best for your needs.
Is YouTube TV worth it 2023?
YouTube TV has one of the fastest channel lineups in live TV streaming, as well as the easiest user interface. It’s not the cheapest live TV streaming service, but it is worth it for its features and performance.
Is it worth switching to YouTube TV?
If you’re tired of paying a big cable bill each month, you may find that cutting the cord and subscribing to YouTube TV is a great money-saving solution in 2023. So this live TV streaming service is one of the best options for you.
What is Verizon Fios TV?
Fios TV is a great channel and super-fast streaming service for you. Built on a 100% fiber-optic network, Fios service delivers the channels you want with virtually no lag, including over 170,000 On Demand titles.
Can I watch Fios TV on my computer?
With Verizon Fios TV you can eligible on devices like tablets, smartphones, PCs, etc. anytime and anywhere you can find an internet connection. And you can watch shows, live TV, movies and original series on demand.