We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Chegg is a professional education technology company from the UK. It is a well-known and trusted company among students offering good quality student services.
However, by recent searches, it has been observed that Chegg is not working properly. It is either glitching a lot or a few of the features with its platforms are not working nicely.
Is Chegg not working for you too? If it is a Yes from you, then you must continue reading this article that contains all the answers to your questions and the general troubleshooting keys to solve the ‘Chegg not working’ issue.
Why is Chegg Not Working?
Chegg works systematically and on point unless there are some issues faced by its online platforms making it crash down and stop working for many users.
Why is Chegg not working? The list of reasons why Chegg stopped working includes the following,
- Both website and app are down due to temporary service outages from the main servers.
- You may be operating your platform with a device with a VPN.
- The platform might be outdated or filled with bugs and glitches.
- You are using a device that is not compatible with their website or app.
- There is an issue with your network connection.
- You have not cleared your cache and cookies and the cache is corrupted.
Is Chegg Down?
Because of temporary service outages or sudden crash-downs from the main server, the Chegg platforms can be facing a sudden blowdown.
If you are facing this issue, the first thing you should do is visit the Downdetector platform and check for any outages for Chegg. If you found any, you can wait until the issue is resolved.
Chegg Reddit, Twitter, Forums, etc
Try visiting the different discussion forums like Quora and Reddit and searching for the discussion topic – Chegg not working.
You can also try visiting different social media platforms like Twitter to find what others, who are facing a similar problem are doing.
How To Fix: Chegg App Not Working?
When you are not aware of the issue, the best thing you can do right now is to fix the ‘Chegg app not working issue’ with the help of some general troubleshooting solutions as mentioned below.
Fix 1: Chegg your Internet Connection
If the Chegg app is not loading, you can try Checking your internet connection.
Because it might not be receiving enough network. So, try switching it off and on. If it is still not working, you can try rebooting your device to receive enough connection.
Fix 2: Close and Reopen Chegg App
Closing and opening the app can help when the app is only facing some minor glitches and bugs. Therefore, close the app and switch it on again after some time.
Fix 3: Check Your Device Compatibility
If the Chegg app is not switching on right after you have installed it on your device, there is a high possibility that your device is not able to handle the Chegg app or rather, it is not entirely compatible with the app.
To resolve this issue, you can try downloading the Chegg app on someone else’s cell phone or device to see if it works.
Fix 4: Uninstall and Reinstall Chegg App
When the app is quite old on your device, it means that it has gained a lot of big and unwanted files. This can cause the app to slow down, create bugs and glitches or simply crash down.
To resolve this issue, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the Chegg app to make the app work just like before.
Fix 5: Clear the Chegg App’s Cache
Clearing the cache for your device and for every app you have installed is important. Follow the below-mentioned steps to clear the cache of the Chegg app,
- Switch on the Settings app.
- Search for the Chegg app in the list of installed apps in your device and tap on it.
- Select the Clear cache option available at the bottom of the screen.
- Open the Settings app.
- Search for the Chegg app in the installed apps section and tap on it
- Tap on the Offload app option available in red colour.
- Reinstall the Chegg app.
Fix 6: Use Chegg’s Web Version
If the app is not working, you can try using its web version. So, visit Chegg’s official website, log in to your account and try completing all your work with it until the Chegg app is back on track.
Fix 7: Logout and Login in your Account
Logging out and logging back into your account can help in solving glitches and bugs, if they are small.
If it doesn’t work, try logging out again and surfing around the platform with the guest account, without your account signed in.
If the app is working fine, the issue is with your account. Therefore, if you can wait, try logging into your account after some time.
Fix 8: Look for Updates
When the app is not working fine, especially if one or two of its features are not working, the first thing you should do is look for any updates.
You can visit the App Store or Google play store, and search for the Chegg app, and update it to its latest version. While the app is being updated, do not disturb it and not use it until it is updated.
Fix 9: Have Patience
Having patience is a solution not everyone will like, but it is always best to stay put instead of trying something you are not so sure about and regretting your movements afterward.
Fix 10: Contact the Customer Care Service
Chegg support offers three ways to contact them. You can visit the website, go to the customer support page and opt for messaging them on WhatsApp.
And through the same page click on the light blue colored ‘contact us’ option which will redirect you to some other tab for you to chat with an advocate. The last option you have is to call them on 855-477-0177.
Chegg Website Not Working
While the application is down, is the Chegg website also not working? If so then have you heard from the platform about the temporary or any kind of crash down off the website? If not, the reason behind the crash down of the website can be because of high traffic jams.
Why is Chegg Website not working?
There can be many reasons why the Chegg website might stop working. The list of causes may include the following,
- Traffic jams on the website are more than it is supposed to handle.
- Temporary bugs and glitches appear.
- Temporary outage.
- Outdated website or any element within it.
Is Chegg website down?
In case you wish to know if the Chegg website is down and why it is not working for you, you can visit the Downdetector platform and check for any Chegg outages. If so, all you can do is wait while the issue is being resolved automatically.
Chegg Website Issues
Chegg website issues include all the reasons behind the website not working from the main servers. In short, there can be any technical issue or it got crashed down suddenly.
If this is the actual reason, then the only thing you can do is to wait for the issue to get solved in some time.
The other website issues include the general issues of any website which can be resolved by common troubleshooting solutions as mentioned below.
Check your Internet Connection
Checking your internet connection is important as many times you just forget to do this action and directly opt for switching on chrome and then the website.
If your data connection is switched on but it is not receiving enough network then try switching it off and on. If it does not work, you can try switching off your device and switching it on again after a few seconds.
Clear Browser Cache & Cookies
As you use your browser for many different things and visit many different websites, it is obvious that the browser will collect a huge amount of cache and cookies.
Follow the steps mentioned below,
- Switch on Chrome and select the Main menu icon at the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the More tools option and click on the Clear browsing data option next.
- Tab on the All time option to clear cache and cookies for all time.
- Tap on the small boxes next to Cache images and files along with Cookies and other side data to clear all of them.
For Microsoft Edge:
- Switch on Microsoft Edge and select the main menu option at the top right corner of the screen.
- Open the settings page and tap on the privacy and services option.
- Select the clear browsing data option among the list of options given.
- Tap on the cookies and other side data and cached images and Files option to clear all of it.
- Open the settings and select the Safari option.
- Select the clear history and website data option
- Travel back to settings and tap on the Safari option again.
- Tap on the advanced website data and remove all website data options to clear everything.
Check Your Device Compatibility
If it is your first time opening the Chegg website in your browser and it did not work, there is a high chance that your device is not compatible with its website.
In this case, you can try opening the Chegg website after your browser has been completely updated to the latest version or use some other browser that might be compatible with the Chegg Website.
If you are not aware of the issue and if none of the general troubleshooting solutions mentioned above work, it is best to wait for the issue to be resolved on its own.
Contact Customer Care
When nothing helps, it is the ultimate choice to reach out to customer care service. Chegg can be approached through three ways.
You can chat with them through WhatsApp, the link will be available on the ‘contact us’ page on their official website. You can call them on the number 855-477-0177 or chat with their advocate and mention your issue.
Chegg Sign in/Login Not Working
The reason behind Chegg not allowing you to sign in can be the temporary outage of the website. In case the issue is about some temporary bugs and minor glitches then by doing the following you can resolve the issue,
- Make sure you have entered the correct credentials. Recheck it and review every single alphabet you have typed in.
- Restart your device and switch on the app or website again to log in or sign in.
- Use a different browser or use the same browser on someone else’s cell phone or any other device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
We hope by reading our article, you have received all the answers to your questions and enough solutions to resolve your Chegg not working issue.
Frequently asked Questions
Is Chegg not working?
Chegg is not showing issues for everyone. If you are facing any difficulty in using the Chegg platform, either its app on the website or both, you can try searching for solutions on different discussion forums or try the general troubleshooting solutions.
8 Useful Apps like Slader for Students  6 Best Apps Like Socratic for Studnets  6 Best Apps Like Brainly for Students