7 Apps like Grubhub to Make Extra Money! 
We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
In a generation where you can get anything at any time on your doorstep, why bother leaving the house when you have apps like GrubHub to deal with your hunger?
Getting ready and leaving the house to buy a meal in inappropriate weather does sound awful to us. We have a perfect solution for this issue faced by half of the population in the world – How about you try ordering your meal from apps like GrubHub?
GrubHub and its alternatives can be your ultimate rescue for the times when you do not feel like leaving your comfort zone. Not only for meals, but it also includes grocery shopping, technical equipment shopping, and more.
Let it be your laziness or common flu spreading in the town – with delivery apps installed on your smartphone, you do not need to worry about your meals.
So, in the article below, we will present to you all the most similar apps like GrubHub, including how they are good for both customers and drivers.
What is GrubHub? How does it work?
GrubHub is an application best if you wish to connect with a local restaurant. It is affiliated with more than 115k local restaurants across 3200 cities in 50 states of the USA.
Its official portfolio has LevelUp, Tapingo, AllMenus, Menupages and Seamless brands. It can connect you with every restaurant in the area with all sorts of cuisines on the menu, such as Greek, Italian, Indian, Chinese, and many more.
GrubHub offers delivery gigs to people who are searching for seasonal, part-time, or full-time gigs. However, the candidate must be 18 years old and 21 years or older in Las Vegas and he/she must have a smartphone and a driving license with auto insurance.
Doordash is one of the well-known online food delivery brands that offers an online Delivery service for meals or goods of the customer’s choice. It is affiliated with several restaurants on local levels with many cuisines on its menu.
Doordash is originally from America and is based in California and San Francisco. It has acquired 60% shares in the convenience delivery category and with 56% market shares and it is the biggest Delivery service company in the USA.
The major point that differentiates the brand from other food delivery brands is – the drivers who help DoorDash deliver packages have a name for them, Dasher.
The brand was founded in 2013. Tony Xu is the CEO of the current state of Doordash. Evan Moore, Stanley Tang and Andy Fang follow behind as the founders of the company.
- If users order food worth $15 or more, they will get free delivery.
- Doordash services are currently running in over 4000 cities across the lands of the United States, Australia and Canada.
- Drivers can decide their working schedule. The work can be seasonal, part-time, hourly, or full-time accordingly.
- With a Doordash subscription, you can experience the benefit of free delivery on many orders from Doordash.
Doordash for Drivers
The starting requirements are common that ask you to be an adult. Following behind are a few more requirements to become a DoorDash driver which are as follows.
- Be 18 years or older.
- Have an Android or iPhone.
- Must pass the criminal background check thoroughly.
- Have a driver’s license.
- Should not have a record that says you have violated any major driving rules in the past 7 years.
- Must have a social security number (Only for the ones living in the USA)
Base fee (Fixed) + Tips from customers + Bonuses are the three ways through which drivers can earn from Doordash. All tips from customers, both before the order and after the order will be directed to drivers. The base fee ranges from $2 to $10 per delivery the driver makes.
Earnings from this gig depend on the work – the type of package you are carrying, the likes you are covering, and how much time you need to complete tasks are the three things that matter in this case. If you are looking for a job with flexible timing – driver for Doordash is the best option.
7 Best Apps Like DoorDash & Doordash Alternatives!
Uber is the most Elite and trusted delivery ordering service. The name is famous in over one industry. One of the most famous branches of Uber is UberEats.
UberEats offers food deliveries to customers from their favorite restaurants through an application, which you can download from Apple Store or App Store.
The users are required to open the application then type in the restaurant name or the dish they would like to have. Select items in the cart. Placing an order is an easy task and you will get the delivery within a short period on your doorstep.
- Due to the name – UberEats being famous in most countries and you do not find any problem finding a delivery boy for your package from the restaurant.
- Get the details of the order along with the delivery person on the screen beforehand.
- Chinese, Thai, Indian, Greek and many more cuisines are added to the menu of UberEats.
Uber Eats for Drivers
As the brand is well-known for offering top-notch services, they hire their drivers according to strict criteria.
- Must be an adult.
- Should not have broken any driving rules recently.
- Have a driver’s license.
- The candidate must pass a proof of he/she staying in the City.
If you are lucky enough, you can get paid for every minute you spend working as an UberEats driver. Your hard work in the job decides your pay. Customers can pay you tips through online methods or in cash.
As UberEats is open for delivery services 24/7, you can take the night shift or day shift according to your schedule. The job is decent and simple.
All drivers have to do is take the package from the restaurant and deliver it to the doorstep. The details are clearly given on the screen or you can contact the customer for accurate information about the location.
5 Best Apps like Uber Eats & Uber Eats Alternatives!
Postmates is a quick delivery service provider in America, which you can download from the App Stores and Google Play Store. Add all the items you need into your cart and with a few steps – order.
It is affiliated with over 600k stores, including many local takeout restaurants as well as stores like grocery stores, electronics, pharmacies, etc. It offers deliveries of all the mentioned products to the customer’s doorstep.
Postmates allows you to track your order which let you see the location of your driver. And with the in-app option, you can watch how long your driver will take to deliver your food/goods.
Postmates was founded on 1st May 2011 by Bastian Lehmann along with Sean Plaice and Sam Street being the founders. The brand works as a subsidiary company with Uber Technologies as its Parent company.
- It provides local delivery from takeaway restaurants and completes other errands.
- Browse the menu you would like to have for a meal today from a good variety of cuisines and add it to your cart.
- It works in 100 metropolitan places across the USA.
- Users can track the order and its location with the help of an in-app map option in real-time.
Postmates for Drivers
Drivers are supposed to pass some eligibility tests to become a part of the Postmates drivers community. Below we will present to you the reviews of the current Postmates drivers along with their pay and requirements.
- Be an adult and should be at least 21 years old for delivering alcohol.
- Have a vehicle.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Have a valid driver’s licence-generated in the USA.
- Have a smartphone.
- Should have a social security number.
Postmates say – drivers can earn up to $1500 every week depending on the city they work in. The Brand pays its drivers for drop-off, pickup, distance, and waiting time.
Recent updates in the brand have given drivers a new benefit: the incentive program guarantees a driver will earn a certain amount of money whenever he/she works.
In the Incentive program, if you earn less than the actual amount of money, Postmates will pay the rest of it to you. The earnings of one day, a week, or months depending on the work you do throughout the time.
To let customers find you, you are supposed to enable the white dot that says receive alerts for every delivery request around the area. After you receive a delivery request, all you have to do is accept it and get going.
GoPuff is a delivery service provider for goods and food that connects local restaurants with diners. The application is working in 650 cities along with 250 fulfillment centers. It is owned by the Just Eat Takeaway brand and was founded in the year 2004.
Customers get to eat any meal they want to eat from this application and it will be delivered to their doorstep. Otherwise, they can ask the delivery boy to get them certain items from the grocery store and the job will be done.
GoPuff can deliver beverages, Sweets, Cookies, bakery products, dairy products, and whatnot. According to the statistics, GoPuff is cheaper than one of the famous delivery apps – DoorDash.
- GoPuff is quick to deliver your necessities.
- The company accepts a good amount of payment methods, such as UPI Payments, Online Banking, Apple Pay, Venmo, and Google Pay are all accepted.
- Irrespective of the distance between the customer and the restaurant, the delivery charges never exceed the sum of $1.95.
- After ordering from GoPuff, you get multiple chances to win rewards, both daily and weekly.
GoPuff for Drivers
As GoPuff is a delivery app, it requires delivery boys and girls to deliver customers’ needs to their doorstep. Below are the requirements and reviews regarding GoPuff drivers.
- A smartphone is a must.
- Should pass a Prepaid Delivery Training course for Alcohol whenever required.
- Must be 21 years old or older.
- Vehicle insurance and registration are necessary.
- US driver’s license requested.
GoPuff Drivers get a fixed stipend in the name of the base fee per delivery. Along with that, drivers can keep all the tips from customers. The mileage compensation also goes into the pockets of drivers.
The rate of earnings depends on the work of the drivers. Glassdoor, the site that helps you get a gig of your choice, says a GoPuff driver can earn up to $13 each hour on average.
Once you submit the application, you’ll have to wait till they review it. Then, they check your background and documents and let you know the final results.
At GoPuff, drivers can choose their schedule at least once every week according to their private schedule.
10 Apps Like GoPuff to Make Money by Delivering!
Seamless is another online delivery service provider that can be a good GrubHub alternative. It offers you a good amount of takeout restaurants through the website or application available on Apple, Android as well as Blackberry devices.
You can choose the menu and restaurant you wish to eat from and order with the help of Seamless. Then the seamless drivers deliver the package to your doorstep within a certain period.
The application and website both require you to enter your accurate address for the delivery man to find your location easily. Although due to the CORONA pandemic, the cash-on-delivery option is not available in most places, you can still pay with the help of a bunch of payment methods available on the seamless site/app.
- Cash on delivery option is available for a few cities.
- A good variety of online menus.
- Order actively and earn rewards like cashback, bonuses, etc.
Seamless for Drivers
Along with the UberEATS and Postmates food delivery services, now Seamless has also established its own driver’s network.
- A smartphone is a must.
- Valid state ID or driver’s license for bike riders will do too.
- Auto insurance for drivers is required.
- Cars are mostly preferred but bikes in the selected areas are required.
From the information at Glassdoor, Seamless drivers can earn up to $12 per hour of work.
Jobs at seamless for drivers are flexible and easy. You can earn cash according to your own schedule and drivers are allowed to keep 100% of the Tips from customers to themselves. No need for a resume, interview, or experience to become a driver.
Caviar is a food delivery service provider from local restaurants. The food delivery service can help you taste different food types and cultures by delivering them to your doorstep.
Although Caviar is not so popular, it still works in SEO of the most active areas in the USA. The list of areas Caviar operates in includes San Francisco, Portland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Dallas, Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Chicago.
Menus at Caviar include breakfast, lunch, evening snacks, and Dinner meals. The preferences mentioned can be altered according to the customer’s type. They can add delivery instructions for the drivers to follow while they are at the delivery.
You can operate Caviar through the mobile application, which works for both Android and Apple devices. Registration is not necessary after the installation of the app. But, for better usage, you must do it. Typing in the address for drivers to track your location is mandatory.
- Caviar does not have a minimum fee.
- As the company offers jobs for drivers, by ordering from this brand you are automatically lending a helping hand to needy people.
- While the brand offers an online menu to choose your favourite dish from, it can also bring your package from the restaurant you ordered food from.
- Caviar has multiple payment methods in options. If not online banking, you can pay through cash on delivery option.
Caviar for Drivers
Caviar offers flexible hours for drivers. Drivers can choose the working hours according to the schedule. If they wish to take breaks in the middle, they can do so unless they are not in the middle of an active delivery.
- Have a social security number.
- Must own a vehicle.
- Required to have a driver’s license.
- Candidates should be of 18 years or older.
The current drivers working for Caviar said you can make up to $16 per hour. But, according to the company you can earn around $25 on average. The amounts of Tips and extras are owned by drivers.
If the driver keeps their image clean, they can earn Tips, Promotions, and many more benefits from driving for Caviar. You can complete the tasks easily and the job is decent. All you have to do is drive with package/s under your supervision.
At times when you do not feel like stepping out of your house, apps like GrubHub can be your rescue. With the help of these apps, you can sit at one place, order your favorite meal and wait patiently for it to arrive at your doorstep.
The functioning of all the GrubHub alternatives present in the above article is easy. For drivers – there are more apps like GrubHub to work for, but the above-mentioned ones are the best ones to try with the highest payouts.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is GrubHub a good company to work for?
Yes. GrubHub is a well-known brand that has opportunities for drivers. You can select the type of your shifts according to your preferences.
Which Delivery app is best to work for?
UberEats, GrubHub, Doordash, GoPuff are a few of the best delivery apps to work for as a driver. The tasks are easy and earnings are high.