Carvana vs CarFax: Having a car or thinking of having one comes with man procedures to be done to maintain the car in good condition, to sell it in good condition, and buy it in a good condition.
But to find the perfect good condition as tagged above needs a great task to be accomplished and finding it in the local automobile market is time-consuming. Hence, to ease the workload, there are online automobile services that offer similar services.
The online industry of automobiles has grown to a great extent today. Carvana and CarFax are two popular automobile online services that provide selling, buying, and trading options for their customers.
In this article, we are going to talk about Carvana and Carfax in detail regarding what are they, how does it work, what are the procedures for selling and buying cars according to their authorities, fees, and much more.
By the end of the article, you will get a detailed idea about Carvana and CarFax and who wins among the both.
What is Carvana?
Carvana is a newly launched web service in the automobile industry and has made a good reputation since 2012. Carvana usually is known for selling the car and buying a car from Carvana.
It has a huge fleet service to offer for buying and selling options, and more than a million customers trust Carvana blindly. All the procedures for buying and selling a car takes place on their online website which will save your time in general.
The best feature worth every heartbeat and penny is its Vending Machine, you need not worry about the locations and geographical boundaries, you can select the car from other locations and it will be reached at your place via their Vending Machines.
How Does Carvana work?
The website is user-friendly and has an easy way to use it. Firstly you need to go to their official website where it will ask you to create an account with Carvana.
Carvana not only works on two things which are buying and selling of the car but also offers trade-in and out features with financing options. It has a huge collection of certified cars that are examined by their experts, and you can choose from it as buying option.
Carvana also offers a great protection plan for your car and a pre-qualified financial plan for payment on a monthly base for budget-friendly customers. It also has a searching panel to modify your requirements for the same.
It also offers referrals for its customers and also exciting offers for the same. It also has a repair category where you can check the repair services offered by Carvana.
What is CarFax?
CarFax is a famous web service that provides details and services for the automobile industry. CarFax is known for its best-detailed reports regarding vehicles and in general examinations regarding the same.
The CarFax report is popular because it gives detailed information in terms of flood damage history, odometer readings, and several owners from the past and also has Used Car Listing where they list the car from top to last as per its best features and test approvals.
It also offers a filter option for its customer where they can add filters for the results they want or require to buy a car or sell a car and the filter is generally based on accident history, service records, and other information.
How Does CarFax work?
CarFax works with the account signup procedure, where you have to go to their website and get yourself registered with your mobile number or email address to use its tool and report results.
CarFax will ask you in detail about the car you have like zipcode, license number, VIN, car registry detail, and much more. If you are looking for a car from CarFax then it has the feature of filtering the car searches as per your requirements.
The information you provide to CarFax will stay with only the CarFax database handler, and it is not leaked in public, or on their website and making it safe and secure by respecting the privacy of their customers.
CarFax offers both buying and selling the car feature and also you can opt for trade-in features. It promises many other features like free appraisals, cash offers, no purchase requirements, etc.
Carvana vs CarFax: Sell My Car
- Firstly, you need to go to their website and signup to use the selling feature of the car.
- Then you have to go to the sell/trade option and select it for selling your car via Carvana.
- Carvana offers a real offer within a few minutes which is 100% online and promises no haggling and no headaches.
- All you have to do is enter your car details namely VIN and answer a few questions based on your car for the same.
- It will ask general questions namely location, make, model, year, etc and once you have provided the information you will get a real offer in some minutes.
- The offer given by Carvana will be based on the current market prices and the details you have entered regarding the car you are willing to sell via Carvana.
- The deal will be kept valid for 7 days and then you can decide whether you want to go ahead with the deal or not.
- Once the deal is done, you can choose the cash or trade-in feature to go ahead with.
- For trade-in, you have to select the trade-in option, and then it will ask you to choose a car you want to trade in with and then it will give you the amount estimate in total.
- Then you can select the drop-off and pick-up location and schedule the same with Carvana.
- To sell a car with CarFax, firstly you need to signup on their original website.
- Once your registration is completed, then select the tool Sell My Car.
- Once selected it will ask for details about the car namely VIN or number plate, location, model year, zip code, and much more.
- After that, it will ask you to double-check the information and options you selected.
- Once all that is completed, and the details are correct then it will ask you to schedule your car’s appraisal to get exciting cash offers on the same.
- Then you have to wait for a great deal, usually, it is a free appraisal you need not pay for same and the cash offer has a validity of 3 days for you to decide and it has no purchase required for the same.
Carvana vs CarFax: Buying a Car
- Go to their website and select the trade or buying option where it offers you more than 25000 cars to choose from.
- Every vehicle offered by Carvana has gone under the 150-point inspection to provide the best certified and perfect cars for its customers.
- Carvana also has a certified car collection if you are willing to buy a great fit for you.
- It also has a filter which its customers can apply for the budget etc. It offers cars under your budget or with their financing options.
- Then you can decide on a car you like the most and call for the dibs.
- Once you have called the dibs, it will hold on to your selection so no one else can buy your finalized car for 30 minutes in which you can complete the purchasing and payment procedure.
- Once the payment is made, it will ask you to select the location you want to drop your vehicle at and get the car at your doorstep via their vending machines.
- To buy a car from CarFax, you have to create an account with CarFax via the email address or mobile number on their website.
- Once you have successfully created your account then you can select the option of buying a car.
- It has a huge list to offer for buying used cars for sale and also offers Carfax value and Carfax reports for the same.
- It also has a specified car research page for researching the cars according to your requirements.
- If you want to buy a car then you can select the category namely by their type like Used Mercedes Cars, Used Audi Cars, and many more.
- If you want to research the car in detail and you have to go to their research page first.
- On the car research page, it will ask you to enter the make you selected namely Audi, Mercedes, etc, after that, it will ask you to name the model and year detail you want to shop or research about then lastly click on go to search via filters.
- Once it’s done, it will show you the report of the car you enter details of.
- The report will specify the original price, price range set, average selling price, fuel economy, body style, and overview of the car.
- The report, also shows original photos, specifications in detail, safety and user reviews, pricing, etc.
- Once you have finalized the car according to research you can set how you want to buy it and how you are willing to pay.
Carvana vs CarFax: Fees and Payment Options and Features
Carvana also has many other features namely a loan calculator, Carvana car finder, vending machines, financing options, trade-in options, etc. Carvana is best if you are looking for avoiding the dealer fees.
The fees charged by Carvana are usually on the deliveries of the car. The average price or fees charged for the delivery is $0-$590 depending on the distance to be covered by the vending machine to deliver the car at the customer’s doorstep and the time scheduled for the same.
Selling a Car with CarFax is generally free and Buying a car from CarFax depends on the deal you have signed for. But it does charge you for the CarFax Reports you have asked for.
The single report of the Car given by CarFax charges its customers up to $39.99, if you are asking for three Carfax reports then the cost will be $79.99 and if you are asking for 5 in total reports then it will cost you up to $99.99.
CarFax reports are the best reports to date to know about your car, it also offers maintenance reminders and services for its customers. Carfax reports opted for the goodwill of your car is the best and hence it may seem costly but everything with CarFax is worthy.
Carvana vs CarFax: Customer Service
For queries with Carvana or car bought to sell to Carvana, or with their facilities, charges, etc you can go to their website to look out for the articles which solve your queries.
It has a live chat feature on its website which you can access directly at the right corner downside of its original website. Or you can click on their support and contact option on their website where you can type in your query and it will provide you with articles related to the same.
It also has a helpline number which is: 1.800.333.4554 (give them a call and solve your query).
If you have any queries regarding CarFax reports, cars, etc you can directly ask them o solve them for you. You can easily go to their website and read the details regarding the queries you have in particular or you can email them or contact them via a toll-free number.
They offer a different and specific contact page where you can enter your general details like name, email address, and the doubts you have with CarFax and they promise you to answer within the working days from Monday to Friday taking a minimum of 2 days to answer specifically.
The link for their contact page is here.
Final Verdict: Carvana vs CarFax
This article has everything you need to choose for your automobile online web services namely Carvana and CarFax. Hope we provided the information you are looking forward to.
Carvana and CarFax both win because both have different and unique features which make them stand out from each other. Hence the final selection among the both is kept according to the customer requirements and features they want from the online automobile industry.
Who owns Carvana?
Carvana is currently owned by the founders Carvana namely Ernest Gracia III, Ryan Keeton, and Ben Huston.
Who owns CarFax?
CarFax currently is owned by S&P Global.
Is there a connection between Carvana and CarFax?
Yes. The cars offered by Carvana have a free report which is given by CarFax to Carvana for their certified cars via the deal.
Carvana vs CarGurus: Which Is Right For You?  Shift vs Carvana: Which is Best?  Carvana vs AutoTrader: Which Is Better?  Driveway vs Carvana: Which Is Better?