Alamo vs National: Which is Better For You? 
We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Alamo vs National: A car is a must and not having one can be very difficult when you need to go urgently out of town or on office trips or family trips. Hence, without a car, we cant move from one place to another.
But now there is plenty of online cars renting services that book your car for renting period online without hassles. These online sites allow you to book accurate destinations and dates in advance and also for the airport locations.
It also allows people to look for their specific car which they want to rent or experience traveling with models like Mercedes, Audi, and much more in general.
In this article, we are going to talk about two car renting services that have gained much popularity among US citizens and similar countries and states. Those two car renting services are Alamo and National.
By the end of this article, you will get a detailed idea and brief about Alamo and National car renting services and how they work, pros, cons, renting procedures, and much more.
What is Alamo?
Alamo stands for Alamo Rent A Car- which is an online car renting service offered in geographical locations of America, Africa, Asia, and Europe. Alamo Rent A Car is owned by Enterprise Holdings, Inc.
Alamo offers 2000 locations in limited continents where they own a collection of more than 1 million vehicles and different fleet categories to be used for renting services. Alamo is very well-known for its discounts and pricings, which is sort of 5% discount for the Insider’s program and so on.
Alamo does offers ay status tier programs or elite programs like others but it offers membership programs on a monthly or yearly basis. Alamo also offers points on credit card usage and many other rewards on renting a car with their services.
Alamo also offers cars for meetings and conventions programs, U.S Government and Military Programs, and much more.
How Does Alamo Work?
Alamo has a simple user-interface website where you can simply log in or create an account by using your Google Account, email address, and passwords. Alamo also has pickups and drop-off options.
First, you have to go to their website, where they will ask for your mobile number or email address for login or creating an account.
Once you provide your basic information like mobile number, address, first and last name, payment options, and email address then it will create your free account within a few minutes.
Then it will ask you to start a membership according to your choice where you can choose for monthly renewal period or yearly basis.
After selecting the membership plan, they will ask you to choose a credit card or debit card as a payment option for the membership plan and further renting payments.
Once you have selected all the options, then it will take you to their car enting page where you can start your renting procedure.
Car Renting with Alamo
- Firstly go to their official website and log in to your account.
- Then enter the pickup location and date of your journey period.
- After that, enter your renter’s age, driving license proof, passport, etc information for verification.
- Once your information will be verified it will ask you to enter the corporate or discount codes you have to enter for getting discounts from the final pricings.
- Once you have entered the discount codes, you can then click on the continue option which will take you to the next screen it will offer different deals and also Drive Happy Deal to choose from.
- It also offers pricing filters which you can adjust according to your budget and then it will take you for the car selection under that budget.
- After the final selection, it will ask you to pay now or pay later options for your renting journey.
- It also offers etc an option which you can select for other servicers like Navigation Device, Fuel Service Option, Toll Pass Waiver, SiriusXM, and much more on fees charged.
Pros of Alamo
- Alamo offers easy reservations which come in handy in emergencies.
- Alamo offers discounts which make it cheaper for pocket-friendly users.
- It also offers online check-in options.
- It also has a mobile application for easy access to your account.
Cons of Alamo
- The fees are a little hyped up.
- A credit card is a must.
What is National?
National stands for National Car Rental which comes in the list of the top list of the best 10 car rental companies in America. The company is since ages in this service and had started its journey in the year 1947.
National car renting services offers reservation facilities and also give exclusive benefits to their membership customers. The exclusive benefits given names are the liberty to choose car type and earn rewards on same.
The rewards come in handy like rental free days, counter bypasses, and many more rewards. It also offers credit points to save and use under Enterprise Holdings. National Car Renting services has a whole collection of cars under different categories like luxury, sports, casuals, convertibles, and much more in general.
National Car Renting is also owned by Enterprise Holdings which has Alamo under their title too, so they both give discounts to the Emerald Club members to use it under Enterprise Holdings whenever and wherever they want.
How Does National Work?
Firstly you have to get their website and get yourself to register or sign up for their services. You will be asked for your mobile number or email address to create an account with National Rent a Car.
If you are new to National Renting services, it will ask you to join the club where it will ask for basic information like driver’s license, issuing country, last name and first name, and issuing authority to continue.
Then it will ask for your expiring date for the license, personal information like name, date of birth, and contact details like country of residence, address, city, state or province, zip code, email address, primary phone number, etc.
Then it will ask you for general details like payment options and much more for creating your account with the same. Once all the information is provided then it will ask you to select a membership plan or free account or monthly membership to continue.
Car Renting with National
- To rent a car, go to their website and sign in to your account.
- Then it will ask you to enter your location as in city, zip code, or airport code according to your choice and also has a different return option.
- Then it will ask you for the pickup date, pickup time, return date, return time, and renter’s age.
- Then it will take you to the reserve place where it will offer you deals.
- The deals will be on the car available as per date time and location in the category of economy, compact, midsize, standard, full-size, pickup, luxury, and many more.
- Then you can select among them as per your best fit.
- Once you select the car, it will show you the pricing per day, its features, protection products lists to be added to the car with charges, detailed review to confirm your car.
- Once all the modifications are done, it will give you the final estimate and price breakdown to simpler your calculation, and then you can choose to pay later or now as per your choice.
Pros of National
- It gives emerald club customers many rewards with credits that can be used by customers at Enterprise.
- It has a wide range of quality vehicles and deep testing features.
- The pricing is kept crystal clear and transparent.
- No hidden charges or fees.
Cons of National Car Rental
- It charges fees for drivers of 21 to 25 age.
- The costs keep weaving from one location to another.
- It doesn’t accept debit card features.
- It doesn’t offer any pickup or drop-off services.
Final Verdict: Alamo vs National
In this article, we have seen the details about Alamo Rent a Car and National Car Renting, they both are from the same company Enterprise Holdings, and hence are quite similar in working terms.
But the pricing, features, and website outlets are different with different locations. Hence to choose the best out of them will depend on your requirements, locations, budget, and also pick up time and date.
FAQs: Alamo vs National
Who owns Alamo Rent A Car?
Alamo Rent A Car is owned by Enterprise Holdings.
Who owns National Car Rental?
National Car Rental is parented by Enterprise Holdings.
Which companies are owned by Enterprise Holdings?
Enterprise Holdings owns Enterprise Rent A Car, National Rent a Car, Alamo Rent A Car, Enterprise Car Sales, Enterprise Truck Rental, and Exotic Car Collection by Enterprise.
Alamo vs Enterprise: Which is Right For You?  Alamo vs Budget: Which is Right For You?  Hertz vs Alamo: Which Is Right For You?  Avis vs Alamo: Complete Comparison  Budget vs National Car Rental: Which is Right For You?  National vs Enterprise: Which Is Better For You?  Avis vs National Car Rental: Which is Best?  Alamo vs National: Which is Right For You?