We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Garmin Golf App Review: Golf is an interesting sport, helping you stand on a green ground, work up your brain to measure the distance and smartly put the ball in the hole – but what if this fun is doubled? The answer is with the Garmin Golf app, which offers users to help them analyze their performance and compete with others.
However, is the Garmin Golf app legit? Does it actually record your performance and help you connect with others to compete? – if you have doubts about this app, then worry not because all the answers to your questions are answered in our Garmin Golf app review mentioned below.
Garmin Golf app helps you add the next level of fun and competition to your goal game by allowing you to compete with your friends, colleagues, and fellow golfers across 40,000 courses globally. You can compete regularly or in the weekly leaderboard on different golf courses or simply set up your private tournament event and send invitations to your friends to contest.
The Garmin Golf App will work perfectly if you have a compatible Garmin device through which your scoreboard will be updated in sync with the Garmin express or Garmin connect accordingly.
How does it work?
- To start with, you have to sync your Garmin device with the Garmin Golf app installed on your device.
- After that, you can visit any of the 40,000 courses globally and start your play while keeping track of your shots with every detail in the Garmin Golf app.
- With every hit and shot, you can update the record.
- Once you take a break or wind up, you can update the final score in the weekly leaderboard, share it with friends and view your progress for the day or week.
Below is the list of all devices currently supporting the Garmin Golf app:
- Fitness watches – vivoactive, vivoactive HR
- Multi sport watches – fēnix 3, fēnix 3HR, fēnix 5, fēnix Chronos
- Approach handheld models – G6, G7, G8, G10, G30
- Approach call watch models – S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S20, S60
- Approach X40 golf band
Plans and Pricing
The monthly plan of the Garmin Goals app will cost you $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year which unlocks a good set of features like uploading scoreboards, reviewing short history, participating in weekly leaderboards, reviewing performance stats, creating tournaments, saving driving range sessions, unlocking green contours, access to home tee hero virtual sounds along with video clips of shots copied to your cloud account and visible across multiple devices.
- Live Chat
Players get to use the live chat feature where they can chat with their friends and colleagues, share their experiences, and share their scores for others to see and talk about different things.
- Detailed Scorecard
The scorecard comes with all the required details like the chart showing your shots, fairway hits, GIR score, and putts to help you analyze everything together.
- 3-D course map
For all the over 40,000 courses across the globe, you’ll get the 3-D map showing you the shot from every angle with additional details like the location of the flag, yard/course measurement, and more.
Pros and Cons
- In case you don’t have a Garmin device including the watch and handheld, you can still download the Garmin Golf app to participate in weekly leaderboards.
- The Garmin Golf app is used on Garmin devices, your cell phone, and as well as on your computer to some extent.
- The app comes with an easy user interface.
- The course stats will let you know when was the last time you played golf using the app and Garmin device.
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
- You can save driving range sessions if you have a compatible Garmin device.
- Ability to review your shot history if you have a compatible Garmin device.
- After your 30-day free trial is over, you’ll not be able to use any of the features in the Garmin Golf app – including basics.
- The app and Garmin device will not be of use if you are playing golf on some other course that is not registered with Garmin Golf.
Is it legit?
Yes, although the app has received a kind of average response from the users, the Garmin Golf app is still 100% real and legit and offers all the services it promises to provide.
In this Garmin Golf app review, we saw that the app is good to keep a record of your shots, compete with friends or in weekly leaderboards and do a bunch of stuff easily to take your golf experience to the next level.
Frequently asked Questions
What is the Garmin Golf app cost?
The Garmin Golf app will cost you $9.99 per month or $99.99 per year.
Does the Garmin Golf app work without a watch?
If you don’t have a Garmin Golf watch or handheld, you can still download the Garmin Golf app and it’ll help you partake in weekly leaderboards and compete with others.
What does the Garmin Golf app do?
The Garmin Golf app will track your scorecards for easy reference, you can check the reports of your performance on various courses, check each shot on an interactive map, keep an eye on your ranking on the weekly leaderboard, and many more things easily.