We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Games like Vertex: When you want to refresh your mind and work your brain a bit more than usual, then some logic and challenging puzzle games that require players to think strategically can do a fair job.
Did it ring any bells? Yes, we are talking about some promising games like Vertex.
Vertex is a popular game by the New York Times where you are required to connect vertices to create different types of triangles. You have to assemble a complete image, and the number in the circle of Vertex will show how many connections are remaining.
No lies, Vertex is indeed a fun game, even our personal favorite. But, if you have already tried the game and want to explore more similar games, then continue reading this article because it includes a list of the top fun games like Vertex.
List of Games like Vertex:
Sudoku is a popular logic-based puzzle game – a combinatorial number-placement puzzle where the main goal is to fill a 9X9 grid with only digits. You have to do so till the columns and rows, all the 9 3X3 subgrids are filled with digits 1 to 9.
The game follows certain rules and regulations, which you compulsorily have to follow in order to win — the main rule being that you cannot repeat any number in the same row or column.
Overall, Sudoku is one of the top games like Vertex in this article, available on the web through multiple sites, including the New York Times, while you can also find it on the Google Play Store and App Store.
- Whether you are playing on a site, or the app, you’ll be guided properly and start from the beginner’s level systematically before you reach the hardest level.
- On some platforms, you’ll also see seasonal events which can help you win exciting prizes.
2. Star Art
Star art, as you might have already guessed, is something a little bit different than the usual logic-based strategy games.
Here, of course, you’ll be having levels, and the more you climb the ladder, the harder the levels will get. But, the main goal is to help you draw and relax with different topics, while you must follow certain rules to complete the puzzle drawing.
Moreover, the game was initially created to help you meditate, with simple and relaxing drawings – where it does a good job in calming your brain, boosting your motivation, and delighting your eyelids.
- All you have to do is glide your fingers across the screen to connect number stars and create types of constellations of 3D drawings – all based on origami art.
- It’s okay to make mistakes because you can always undo your last move to try again.
- The challenges are refreshed daily.
KenKen is another popular game – trademarked as a style of arithmetic and logic puzzle game. It was invented in 2004 by a Japanese math teacher who wanted puzzles to be an easy way of training your brain.
Again, there are multiple platforms on the internet, like sites and apps, that help you play KenKen puzzles for free. Also, there are platforms that specialize in well-suited puzzles for students.
Moreover, every KenKen has only one solution and you have to strictly follow the rules to win. Additionally, the range of numbers to use in the puzzle will depend on the size of the grid.
- There comes an official KenKen puzzle site in the results when you search for KenKen, that allows you to customize and create your own puzzle.
- The majority of the KenKen puzzle platforms refresh challenges regularly.
Pic-a-Pix is the picture logic puzzle game, again, available on many different sites and apps on the Google Play Store as well as the App Store.
Pic-a-Pix is a Nonogram color game where you only have to paint squares to solve the puzzle and explore beautiful pixel art pictures, mostly with different themes.
At Pic-a-Pix, you will be facing challenging, artistic, and deductive original Japanese inventions of puzzles. All of these have one main goal, to identify the hidden picture by painting blocks in every column and row.
- The app has over 100 free puzzles in color as well as black and white form.
- Every puzzle comes with different and unique solutions.
- You get to decide the difficulty levels from extremely easy to super difficult.
- The app includes hours of free intellectual challenge and excitement.
Nonogram is one of the most popular games on this list, where you will be exploring the mysteries of Nonogram color number puzzles.
With the Nonogram app, you will be playing with enhanced gameplay, and as expected, you have to follow rules and regulations properly to become a master of the game and win easily.
Overall, Nonogram will take you on a colorful journey where you will get to use your free time to solve challenging puzzles and refresh your brain.
- The app is updated with challenges regularly, and if you solve all the unique logic puzzles, then you’ll get awards.
- You will get to enjoy seasonal events with unique themed nonogram puzzles with animated postcards.
- The app is free to install, offers all puzzles for free, and doesn’t require an internet connection at all.
Lightbot is another promising strategy and thinking puzzle game. Here, you will be using programmer-style logic and planning to instruct a robot on how to light up all the present blue titles at a specific level.
Again, you can easily find this game available on multiple platforms, including web browsers, Android, Microsoft Windows, classic macOS, and iOS.
The main highlight of this game is that whether you are a kid or an adult, you’ll be learning coding, and eventually get addicted to it, because through coding only you will be able to direct the robot.
- The game does a good job of helping players understand loops, procedures, and conditionals – all the root concepts and terms in computer science.
- The game app available at the Microsoft Store features about 60 levels, and 20 challenge stars to collect.
Hexcells is a puzzle video game series, including 3 games — Hexcells, Hexcells Plus, and Hexcells Infinite. These games are available on multiple platforms like Microsoft Windows, web browser, iOS, and more — somewhere free and somewhere paid.
Also, if you think that the second and third launches in the series have harder levels, then that’s definitely not the case. Indeed, they have enhanced puzzles, but also offer easy levels for beginners.
Moreover, we will highly suggest you try them on apps, especially the one available on the App Store because it contains better UI and enhanced instructions to help you understand the game better as a beginner.
- The app includes more than 30 brain-challenging puzzles.
- You don’t need to guess at all.
- It comes with an interactive ambient soundtrack to always keep you on the edge.
Pixelogic is an exciting and challenging puzzle video game where you need to use logic and strategies to unravel hidden pictures made of colorful cells. Yes, it’s another one of the colorful puzzle games where you’ll see many different shades and hues.
With Pixelogic, you’ll be getting a mixture of different puzzles, and numeric hints are available to help you reveal pixelated surprises and answers.
Moreover, the game features new puzzles and challenges each day, with a bigger puzzle featuring every week – all for free with no disturbance of ads.
- It gets updated with a new 25×25 challenge every week.
- You can either choose the challenge mode with more restrictions or the relaxed mode where you want to freely make mistakes.
- You can play new challenges and puzzles every day, and if you want more, then there are more than 100 built-in puzzles for free.
Linepoly is another underrated yet fun puzzle game where your main goal is to connect vertices. It does a good job of giving your brain a stimulus – and all you have to do is connect stars spread across the beautiful night sky to create kinds of constellations.
The result of connecting stars will give you a beautiful picture filled with complete constellations – and the gameplay is made so that you can relax and comfortably enjoy your healing time, solving the puzzles.
Overall, we suggest you try this game because the constellation topics are mostly animals. Otherwise, easy yet exciting pictures of random things, including a musical instrument, food, popular landmarks, etc.
- The game has hundreds of breathtaking star art, constellations, and polygon art levels for free.
- Compared to similar games, it doesn’t have many rules to follow, and you can start playing at any time without an internet connection.
The above-mentioned list of the top games like Vertex NYT includes a good variety of distinct games – each coming with unique gameplay, even when they have certain similarities.
From beginners to those who wish to opt for intermediate levels, whether you are interested in the minimal UI of sudoku or colorful puzzles from Nonogram, this article has all the titles you are searching for.
With this, we have successfully presented all the promising games like Vertex, and hope you now know which game to try out next.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any more good games like NYT Vertex?
Sudoku, Linepoly, Pic-a-Pix, Lightbot, Nonogram, Hexcells, Pixelogic, Star Art, and KenKen are some of the good games like NYT Vertex, whether you are interested in minimal and decent UI or colorful puzzles.
Are there other games like Vertex?
Yes, there are plenty of other games like Vertex, where you need to think strategically and give a push to your brain, and some of the best ones are – Lightbot, Nonogram, Pixelogic, Star Art, Hexcells, Sudoku, KenKen, Linepoly, and Pic-a-Pix.
Try Similar Games-