We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Games like Red Door Yellow Door: Is the night for the sleepover coming closer but you have not yet decided on the scary games you would like to play with your friends or cousins? If so, we are assuming you might have heard about the game Red Door, Yellow Door.
It is known as one of the scariest games to play at night at sleepovers or pajama parties with your friends. Because of its easy gameplay and no requirement of any equipment, it is quite famous among youngsters.
About Red Door Yellow Door
Red Door, Yellow Door is a famous paranormal game that is quite famous on YouTube and TikTok competitions. It is one of the best games you can play at sleepovers for fun and scary moments. The game requires 2 or more players and both of you can lead each other through different doors.
Red Door, Yellow Door sounds like a good paranormal game to play at night with your friends or cousins.
But, if you have already tried this game or want to find a similar game like it then we are happy to inform you that the article mentioned below contains a list of the best games like red door yellow door.
Red Book is a popular paranormal game invented in Mexico. In the game, you as a player will be using a book that will help you contact a spirit.
The spirit will then answer your questions along with divine the future. The game is also known as “The game of red book” or “El juego del libro rojo”. It is one of the best games like Red Door, Yellow Door.
The game can be played by 2 or more people. You need one red candle to light the room along with a hardcover Red book that does not have pictures.
How to Play?
- Place your palm against the cover of the red book. Close your eyes and ask “Red Book, can I enter your game?”.
- While your eyes are still closed, open the book to any page and point toward a specific sentence. The sentence will be the answer to the question you asked.
- If the answer comes into something positive, you can carry on with the game. But, if the answer is something negative or does not mean anything then that means the question was poorly worded or you were unable to contact the spirit.
The Picture Game is a paranormal ritual game that can be played at sleepovers or whenever you want some spooky fun. As the name suggests, the game involves you, all the players to take photos of spirits.
The game can be played by 2 or more people. The more the merrier. The requirements for this game is a long string or a rope will do. A small mirror for every player, a Camera with a flash, scissors, a knife, and glass. It is known as one of the best Red Door, Yellow Door alternatives.
How to Play?
- With the help of the string or rope, make a circle and tie a knot. Make sure it is placed in the centre of the room.
- Fill the glass with a bit of alcohol and keep it in the center of the circle.
- All the participants then will sit around the surface while folding the mirrors in front and pointing them towards the ceiling.
- Switch off the lights. Everyone must close their eyes and hold hands.
- Everyone must say “I trust you” One after the other.
- Then everyone must say in sync thrice “The door is open, please come in.”
- Everyone will then get a chance to hold the camera. Whenever the person gets the camera, he or she will say “I caught you” and take a picture pointing forward with a flash.
Bloody Mary is a classic paranormal game that involves players trying to call a ghost of Bloody Mary through a bathroom mirror. You will need a lit candle and a bathroom where you can go and by yourself to play this game.
The game can be played by one person. However, playing alone is not a good choice, especially for those who will get scared easily. If you want to have real fun, it is best to call over a few friends and play with them. It is one of the best games like Red Door, Yellow Door.
How to Play?
- Lit the candle and call all the participants.
- Ask them who will volunteer first.
- The first one will go inside the bathroom and the lights will turn off.
- The player has to look in the bathroom mirror and repeat bloody Mary three times in a row.
- They have to spin around in circles thrice if Bloody Mary did not appear.
- Blow the candle and leave the bathroom.
Sandman is a paranormal game for kids for sleepovers. One player will tell the others a story about how dead bodies were filled with sand and they will start to feel heavy. This game can also be called Sandbags.
To play the game, you need at least two participants. It is known as one of the best games like Red Door, Yellow Door.
How to Play?
- One participant will lie down on the floor on his or her back. The other players are required to sit around him in a circle.
- The person lying will close their eyes and relax.
- The other participants will take turns and tell the lying person a story about how they died or were injured in this world and were cut open to be filled with sand.
Ouija Board Game
Ouija Board game is a popular paranormal game played with the Ouija board. You can buy the Ouija Board online or at your local store. There are several stories, movies, series and videos on the internet about this board.
This board seems to be a way through which you can contact the spirits. After contacting them, you can either ask them questions or ask them to do any favour. The catch is, at times when you ask them for a favour, you will have to give something in return.
Because of its interesting gameplay, it is known as one of the best games like Red Door, Yellow Door. The designs and styles of the Ouija board differ accordingly. Everyone above the age of 8 years can play this game.
One person can play this game but it is more fun and better to play it with a bunch of friends or other people.
How to Play?
- Place the Ouija board in the center and all the participants must form a circle and sit around it.
- Open it and arrange the equipment.
- The lights will be switched off. If there is no light coming through the window then lighting up a candle where do.
- Everyone will close their eyes and hold hands.
- All of them repeatedly called for the spirit.
- Once they get the hint that the spirit has arrived, they will take turns and ask the spirit questions.
Concentrate is a scary game played by kids usually at sleepovers. Some people say it is a type of hypnosis. The motive of playing the game is to find how you are going to die. It is one of the best games like Red Door, Yellow Door.
You need a minimum of 2 people to play this game. The gameplay of the game is easy. To play this game, all the participants, or at least one performing the rituals has to learn all of the verses of the game. There are 5 verses in total.
How to Play?
- The game will start with everyone closing their eyes.
- The one to chant the rituals will stand behind them and start performing the rituals.
- While chanting the rituals, you will pound slightly on their backs with your fists.
- The person performing the rituals has to perform actions while they chant.
All the above-mentioned games like Red Door, Yellow Door require certain equipment to play. All of them were supposed to be played at night before sleeping. They can also be played at a pyjama party between friends or cousins.
There are plenty of other scary games like Red Door, Yellow Door but the ones mentioned in the above list are proven to be the best ones that give off an actual scary vibe while playing.
The gameplay of every game mentioned is simple and even if you have not tried the game before, or any game similar to it before then too you will be alright.
We hope by reading our list of best games like Red Door, Yellow Door article, now you have a good bunch of games you wish to try at sleepovers or pajama parties with your friends and family.
Frequently asked Questions
What is the scariest sleepover game?
Sandbags/sandman, Bloody Mary, Ouija board game, Red, yellow door, and Red Book are a few of the best and scariest sleepover games to play with your friends and family. There are many other scary games but the ones mentioned here are proven to be the best ones.
What is the scariest game to play at night?
There are different types of scary games available to play at night. The list includes the Ouija board game, Red Book, Concentrate, Sandman, Red Door, Yellow Door, and the picture again. As each one of these have different gameplays, you can have a look at them and decide for yourself which game is of your type and is the scariest among all.
12 Best Horror Movies on Showtime to Watch Right Now!  5 Mind Games like Green Glass Door You’ll Love!