Games like OMORI: Are you a dark adventure lover of games? If so, then OMORI is the perfect game for you. Indeed, but is it really the only game you need? What about other games like OMORI that have better stories, graphics, gameplays, etc?
OMORI is a role-playing video game where the player has to control a hikikomori boy with the name Sunny. The player has to control him in his dream world alter-ego named OMORI. Their motive is to explore both the real and rural world to face their secrets and fears.
OMORI is an exciting game with thrilling gameplay. But we suggest you have a look at OMORI alternatives which can do a better job.
To get the list of games like OMORI with the same dark adventure aura but unique stories, different gameplays and outstanding overviews – have a look at the article below.
Platforms: Nintendo Switch, Microsoft’s Windows, Linux, Macintosh operating system, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita and Xbox One.
Undertale is a 2D role-playing game where the player controls a kid who has entered the underground. The underground is a huge and secluded region. It is located under the surface of the earth and is separated from the world by a magical barrier.
Undertale is one of the best games like OMORI because they both have the user role-playing a character and genres speak thriller, suspense and a little bit of action.
- The theme of the game is ‘Is “that” a human?’ Which appears to be quite interesting.
- The game has received powerful positive feedback from the players, with its overall google rating reaching 4.9.
- They allow you to download the demo for free and see if it is of your liking before buying it.
How to play?
- Install the game on Steam.
- Open it and start by altering the default adjustments.
- Start the game and follow the gameplay steps accordingly.
Sea of Solitude
Platforms: Microsoft Windows, PlayStation four, Xbox One and Nintendo switch.
Sea of Solitude is an adventure game. Unlike other games like OMORI mentioned in this list where the journey starts when first the player starts to play the game: the journey of the lead in Sea of Solitude is already started.
When confronted Kay, she claims she does not remember when was the last time she saw the sun. The game is about staying with Kay in the dark world where she is trapped in loneliness and wildness.
- The game has received top ratings from players across the world on several platforms.
- The game uses the Radeon HD 7850 graphics.
How to play?
- Purchase the game from a trustworthy game retailer.
- Install it on your device.
- Learn the controls and start the journey.
- They will show the growth of Kay as she travels the world alone. As a player, you have to stay by her side.
- You are further responsible to help her overcome obstacles and other issues.
Platforms: Play station 5, macOS, Microsoft Windows, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo switch.
Sally Face is an adventure game that follows the story of Sal Fisher, the titular main character of the game. The boy is shown with a prosthetic face who, along with his friends, investigates the local murders.
Sally Face is one of the best games like OMORI because this game shows different murder stories in 5 episodes full of turns and twists, darkness and suspense.
- The game has received strong positive feedback from the players.
- It can only be played through a single-player mode.
- The original game comes with all five episodes and the original soundtrack to listen to separately.
- The game has received multiple awards in different categories.
How to play?
- Purchase the game and install it on your desired device.
- Start the game from the hospital where you, like Sally, are in the hospital after facing an accident.
- The game will guide you at the start and you have to move around for the time being.
- Learn how things work and use your brain as you move ahead in the episode.
- Think logically with the hints you have received so far.
- The episode will end when you catch the murderer in the end.
Platforms: The game is available to play on Android, Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Nintendo switch.
Lydia is an indie adventure game Developed by the Platonic partnership. The game is like a grim but atmospheric visual novel which allows the adults to endure abuse from the point of view of a little girl.
The story is based on the developer’s personal experience. It is one of the best games like OMORI because the lead in the game, the little girl, has to go through a lot of abusive stages and encounter multiple obstacles frequently.
- It is easy to search for the game on the Google play store and after purchasing, it will be automatically installed on your android device.
- The game uses the graphics of Intel HD 4000 or even better.
- The game is about four chapters long.
How to play?
- Install the game on your device after the purchase.
- The game is four chapters long. The first chapter will end as soon as you have travelled with Lydia through all the places mentioned in the chapter.
- As the controller of the main character, your responsibility is to make wise decisions and interact with the people you are required to.
Platforms: The game can be played on Nintendo switch, Android, Xbox 1 and PlayStation 4.
Little Misfortune is an adventure video game set in the same world as Fran Bow. The game is about the titular character misfortune who moves ahead with the guidance of the voice in our head to see the price of eternal happiness for her mother.
It is one of the best games like OMORI. It is an interactive story of the exploration of both sweet and dark parts of the world. Controlling Misfortune, you have the responsibility to choose the interactions wisely and guide the little girl through sweet parts, staying away from the dark side of the world.
- If you just want to finish the game by keeping the main objectives in mind, you will only require 3 hours to complete it. However, if you are a seeker for 100% completion then you will have to spend around 5 hours to complete it from every corner.
- The game has received good ratings and reviews from players.
How to play?
- You will start the game by hearing a voice in your head as misfortune.
- The journey will start with you making choices and “There is no right or wrong, only consequences” by keeping this tagline from the Little Misfortune in mind.
- You will move ahead in the game and earn rewards.
- The end of the game will be when you have successfully known and acquired the prize of real happiness for your mother.
Night in the Woods
Platforms: The game can be played on Nintendo Switch, iOS, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
Night in the Woods is a single-player adventure game. It is focused on the exploration in the game, the different aspects of the story and the main character along with other dozens of characters to interact with.
It is one of the best OMORI alternatives because the main character has to go through lots of complicated and dark parts of the world to reach the end. As a player and the controller of the main character, you will have to face the dark consequences along with other problems throughout the journey.
- The game has received positive ratings in massive numbers from the players.
- It has received the BAFTA Games Award for the narration in the game.
- You can complete the game in nine hours if you focus only on the main motive of the game. But, you will have to spend 23 and a half hours to reach 100% completion.
How to play?
- Install the game and start by undertaking the gameplay.
- Learn the keys, and tactics and move ahead in the mission.
- Your main motive is to fight everyone and reach the top to destroy the curse of the tower.
- Once you have completed the mission, the game will end automatically.
She Dreams Elsewhere
Platforms: Linux, Xbox One, Nintendo switch and Macintosh operating systems.
She dreams elsewhere is a surreal adventure game about dreams. The game will show you the extent to which the dreams can mirror the reality and show different aspects
It is one of the best games like emoji because the protagonist has to go through dark adventures at times to reach the end and receive success in the missions.
- It is an RPG.
- It has a unique graphic type.
How to play?
- The game shows you the extensions of dreams mirroring in the transverse.
- You have to guide yourself through all the dark adventures.
- To end the never-ending Coma, you will have to confront the nightmare within you and end the game.
Platforms: Nintendo Switch and Microsoft Windows.
Ocean’s Heart is an exciting top-down RPG in the action genre. The game allows you to explore as a young lady with the name Tilia, the ethereal archipelago.
It is one of the best games like OMORI which does not mainly include dark adventures. You will have to see the contrasts of your decisions and face issues in the game.
- It uses OpenGL 3.0 graphics.
- It has successfully acquired good feedback from the gamers.
How to play?
- Start by learning the points from the guide to gameplay.
- Try new keys and see how things work while you are still in the initial stage.
- Move ahead in the adventure and face both casual and dark adventure obstacles.
- The game will end when you are successful in acquiring what you have been working for.
Final words: Games like OMORI
All the games mentioned above have received positive reviews from the players. If you ask us, we will highly suggest you try them if you are a lover of adventures, especially dark adventures.
Frequently asked Questions
What style of game is OMORI?
OMORI is a role-playing indie adventure game with dark and casual scenes appearing accordingly. The main motive is to find the past which is long forgotten.
Is OMORI a depressing game?
No. OMORI is not a depressing game.
Is OMORI an easy game?
If you study the gameplay steps and follow the guide, then Yes, OMORI is an easy game.