We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Codeschool vs Codecademy – Do you want to learn programming and wondering which service is better to pursue your career? You’ve come to the right place!
In this guide, we’ll provide a detailed Codecademy and Codeschool comparison, which will help you choose a platform that’s perfect for your requirements.
Coding has become one of the most valuable skills in the tech-driven job market. Although there are several free coding classes out there, you’ll be limited.
So, with Codeschool and Codecamedy, you can improve your programming skills, and although they are almost similar, both offer different methods to teach coding.
And ultimately, it all comes down to a question – which platform has the better approach, and which one offers the more comprehensive education? To find out that, keep on reading the Codeschool vs Codecademy comparison!
Codeschool vs Codecademy: Overview
Codeschool is an online programming learning service for aspiring and existing developers, which teaches how to code and use the computer through entertaining content.
It offers a wide variety of courses that primarily focus on the fundamentals of programming. And it has experts to teach you how to perform programming, from using the basic tools to using Java.
Content and tutorials are updated regularly with high definition and carefully created video instruction. It also hosts an in-browser coding system to test code right from your browser.
Codeschool’s main aim is to inspire many people to pursue their dreams in programming. So, if you are a programmer or a software engineer, Codeschool is the best place to succeed in the industry.
Along with the programming languages, it has 10 subject areas like Data Science, Web Development, Computer Science, and many more. Moreover, if you are a newbie and not able to decide which course is right for you, just start taking the Sorting Quiz.
And like Codeschool, Codecademy’s mission is to create a place where anyone can build something useful and there, everyone gets the learning tools, opportunities, and resources to do so.
Codeschool vs Codecademy: Key Differences
- Codeschool and Codecamedy cover a wide range of coding topics. And they both divide coding into different sections.
- Codeschool’s videos are engaging, and they help you visualize what your code is doing behind the scenes.
- Codecademy has more of a community feel. This means, from the beginning, they have encouraged users to make their own courses for others to learn from. Moreover, there is an active forum where students help each other learn.
- Codecamedy has very little reading or watching involved. Codeschool is largely just a collection of videos that you’ll have to watch in chapters to improve your knowledge of code.
- Codeschool costs $29 per month and Codecademy is free. However, if you want to access advanced features and courses, you’ll have to upgrade your plan to Codecademy Pro which costs $19.99 a month.
- With Codeschool, you earn points for each challenge and badges for each level. Although Codecademy uses the same approach, it is relatively less flashy.
Both the services offer career-focused courses that consist of courses to prepare for tech roles. Here are some top degrees that Codeschool and Codecademy offer.
With Codeschool’s software development courses, take your skills to the next level and gain a deeper knowledge of how to build, deploy, secure, and scale everything from mobile apps to web apps.
- Web Development: Learn how to develop effective and captivating websites using the latest web development tools and practices
- Data Professional: Enhance your data professional skills from experts with real-world experience in engineering, data analytics, and science
- Python: Improve your python skills as it is one of the most largely used programming languages in the tech industry. So, learn how to build, use, and scale programs in Python
- IT Certifications: Getting IT certifications will authenticate your skills and improve your career, and it’ll help you prepare for the best IT certifications from vendors like Cisco, CompTIA, VMware, Microsoft, and more
- IT Networking: Know about IT networking, network certification, and network administration and its author draw on real-world experience to help you enhance your knowledge
- Information and Cyber Security: With Codeschool, learn about digital forensics, security fundamentals, penetration testing, and malware analysis
- Web Development: Whether you are interested in the back-end, front-end, or full-stack, Cocecademy’s web development course has everything that’ll be helpful for websites and applications
- Data Science: This can help you create beautiful visualizations, make informed decisions, and try predicting future events
- Computer Science: With this course, cover many sub-disciplines, including software and hardware, which can be found in every technology you use
- Developer Tools: These let you run code locally on your computer and collaborate with others to publish programs
- Machine Learning: Applications of Machine Learning are vast, from spam filtering in social networks to computer vision for self-driving cars
- Code Foundations: Codecademy’s code foundation catalog offers an overview of the main applications of programming and teaches essential concepts that you’ll see in every programming language
- Web Design: These courses will help you enhance your CSS and HTML skills while learning about navigation design, color design, and more
- Cybersecurity: It consists of security-focused courses like risk management, cloud and network security, security engineering, and security operations
Both Codeschool and Codecademy courses are available as monthly and yearly subscriptions for teams and individuals. Here is the list of what comes with each platform’s subscription.
Codeschool offers various subscription options based on the services it offers.
Skills Subscription – See where your skills are, master the latest technologies and show off your expertise.
|Costs $29 a month or $299 a year||Costs $49 a month or $499 a year|
|10-day free trial||10-day free trial|
|Core library access||Offers everything that the standard plan offers|
|Skill and role assessments||Expanded library access|
|Learning paths and channels||Certification library access|
|Interactive courses and projects|
|$399 per user per year||$579 per user per year|
|No free trial||14 days free trial||14 days free trial|
|Core library access||Everything that the starter plan has to offer||Everything that the professional plan has to offer|
|Skill and role assessments||Expanded library access||Question & answers|
|Learning paths and channels||Certification practice exams||Role customization|
|Trend and usage analytics||Interactive courses and projects||Priorities|
|Skill and usage analytics|
Flow Subscription: Maximize productivity and accelerate product release and cycles.
|$48 per month and billed annually||$50 per month and billed annually|
|Get new insights into your team’s software development process||Accelerate impact while using data to make decisions and drive growth|
|Unlimited repos||Everything that Core includes|
|Up to 36-month data import||Proficiency|
|Email and Slack notifications||Check-in report|
|Work log and Ticket log||Retrospective|
|GitHub, GitLab, Rally, Bitbucket, Jira, ADO||API access|
|Mob/Pair support||Sprint movement|
|Core fundamental metrics||Team health insights|
|Review workflow||Single sign-on (add-on)|
|Single sign-on (add-on)|
|It is entirely free||$14.99 a month||$19.99 a month|
|Interactive lessons and daily practice||Learn a skill with courses, projects, and skill paths||Develop a career with courses, projects, career paths, and interview prep|
|Basic courses||Includes everything in basic||Includes everything in Pro lite|
|Peer support||Unlimited mobile practice||Pro courses|
|Limited mobile practice||Pro courses||Skill paths|
|Members-only content||Real-world projects|
|Real-world projects||Unlimited mobile practice|
|Skill paths||Interview preparation|
|Step-by-step guidance||Step-by-step guidance|
Before deciding on anything, it’ll be better to try out the free trial for the courses and then decide which can be a perfect choice for you.
Course Length Comparison
Both Codeschool and Codecademy courses are self-paced, which means you can learn according to your pace, commitment, and availability and there is no hurry in it.
So, we can say that one course which takes as short as three months to learn can take up to 12 months.
Each lesson in Codeschool is broken down into 5 to 6 lessons and each video tends to be 10-20 minutes in length, which is quite shorter than a traditional lecture.
Codecademy’s six online career paths, including back-end engineer, computer science, data analyst, data scientist, front-end engineer, and full-stack software engineer courses can range from 350 hours to 35 weeks in length.
Both Codeschool and Codecademy offer quality support to their users. If you need any help with Codeschool, get in touch with Codeschool’s customer support via email at [email protected] and visit this page for more information. You can also navigate to this page.
On the other hand, if you’d like to contact Codecademy, visit here and go to the customer support help center and click contact us or get help.
Moreover, Codecademy users have to pay an extra $29.99 per 30 minutes if they want access to weekly coaching sessions with expert programming coaches.
Even though both sites have an impressive array of choices, there is no clear winner depending on the variety. However, if you are looking to learn a particular language, this may influence your choice.
For example, if you wish to learn Python, you can learn it on Codecademy because it is only accessible by iOS users on Codeschool.
Codecademy’s ease of use is better with respect to the Codeschool because it offers flexible learning techniques, and you just pick up where you left off in a Code Hour session.
And it provides you with a personalized coding environment in the browser and asks you to solve a problem using the methods that you’ve just learned.
Whereas Codeschool’s videos make mobile learning more comprehensive. So, even though you aren’t doing hands-on work, the lessons are solid enough to fill your mind. Nonetheless, it is still important to give your full devotion while learning.
So, before deciding, remember that both apps have their pros and cons. Therefore, it is crucial to do your research and pick the one that meets your requirements and works best for you.
We hope the above guide on Codeschool vs Codecademy has let you know everything about them, including courses curriculum, courses, length, and cost, and helped you choose the best coding platform that meets your requirements.