We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Have you been bored at home? Just sit back and relax, here are some amazing apps like Netflix Party which will take away your boredom.
Picture this… It’s a Friday night, you just got a call from your college friend, and he says he wants to watch Tom Cruise’s Top Gun Maverick at your nearest theater. He suggests calling the whole gang from college. You get very exuberant at hearing that, as you really wanted this after so many canceled plans, and you grab the phone to dial up your friends. One by one, all your friends say that they need to take a rain check on this plan as they either are very busy with work or have some other important errands to run. Life is different now, you realize.
Your college friend calls you back, and you heave out a huge sigh and say that no one’s ready to come for the movie. He, rather coolly, says that we can have a Netflix Party and calls up the gang for the same. Everyone agrees, and you’re surprised that there is such a thing as a Netflix Party. During the party, everyone tells you that they’ve been watching movies all along on Netflix Party ever since the lockdown was imposed. This isn’t the first time that your friends didn’t include you in their plan, you realize. You’re sad. But hey, now you have an amazing topic to write about. Yes, that friend who was late to the party, is me.
Teleparty formerly known as Netflix Party is a Google Chrome extension which allows people to watch their favorite movies and shows on their computers at the exact time they intend to. This became extensively popular especially around the early days of Covid-19 where everyone was separated, locked in their homes and were missing a good time with their loved ones, families and friends.
- The way this platform works is that it synchronizes the video playback feature in addition to the group chat. This gives you a feeling of watching the movie or show together with your family and friends, like they were with you in the same room.
- You firstly add the TeleParty extension to your Chrome browser and go to the Netflix website to select your video that you want to be played.
- To create your party, select the red “NP” icon located next to the address bar. Then click “Start Party” to get the party started, and share the party URL to invite friends.
- Now, click on the party URL. This will redirect you to the Netflix website.
- Then click on the “NP” button next to the address bar, and you should automatically join the party.
- The added chat feature allows you to express your emotions about the video playback on your screen. You can also sync Netflix shows in pure HD quality, watch it with your friends, and customize your TeleParty however you fancy.
- Teleparty is completely free, but sadly, support for mobile devices like Android or iOS isn’t available
Android and Windows
One such app like Netflix Party is Rave. When using Rave, which is available as a download on iOS and Android, you can Text or chat via voice while enjoying content from YouTube, Netflix, Vimeo, Reddit, and more!
The social networking element of Rave is one of its distinctive features. Rave allows you to watch public channels alongside both friends and complete strangers, unlike other Netflix Party alternatives. With this, you can make new friends who share your interests if your current friends don’t.
- The Rave app is available easily on all the Android and iOS devices. You install it and create an account there after which; you tap the menu option and find your friends.
- Once this is done, you click the “+” option to select movies. If you already have a pre-existing Netflix account, you’d need to sign in to that and then continue.
- Finally, hit the play option and add your friends to the room
- There’s even a DJ option where you can mix two tracks and essentially host a rave with your buddies. In addition, you can watch with your friends or join public raves and meet people from across the world.
Android, iOS and Windows
Sometimes, you tend to get bored with these Netflix Party alternatives and want something else. Watch2Gether is an extension, like that of Netflix Party, which we can either purchase from their official site or download the extension from Google Chrome.
It’s a rapidly growing platform which has over 40,000 users and is so simple to use. And it essentially allows us to share videos on YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, or SoundCloud as well as shop on Amazon and participate in video chats. Just create a room, share the link and as the name says, watch together.
- Watch2Gether isn’t just a streaming service wherein a single user live streams the video and the others simply watch. Here, every user present in the room can browse for the content and select whatever video or audio track they wanna play for the room.
- The platform supports so many content sources like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo and SoundCloud too.
- In this app, you simply create a room, go to the settings and then save your room. Once this is done, start inviting your friends with the shareable link present in the top right corner of the site.
- All the rooms here are put to private mode by default. The link isn’t posted anywhere on this app so that random users won’t be able to join your room. However, you can share this link and invite as many people as you want.
- A “Crown” icon is used to denote the creator of the room, and a “Plus” icon for the member of the room.
Not many apps come close to Kast in terms of flexibility and features that it possesses. Simply put, it has more than one string to its bow. With the multi-platform Kast system, you may connect via your browser in Chrome or Edge, a desktop application on Windows or Mac, or while you’re on the move with an Android or iPhone smartphone.
- You can share videos, games, and other information with up to 100 other users thanks to its screen sharing functionality (even on mobile).
- Our favorite games like charades and gestures can be played virtually due to their ability to share your screen or camera with up to 20 other users in a Kast party.
- Even though Kast is for free, several features (including ad-free support and a higher video bitrate) call for a separate Kast Base or Kast Premium membership.
- Firstly, you go to “My Parties” at the top of the site and join the party that was created for you.
- Once done, click a video that you want to stream and start to invite your friends. The Kast TV is placed at the toolbar in the bottom of the page. It’s denoted in the form of a colorful TV.
- After this, all you must do is share your screen and enable your audio.
Android, iOS and Windows
One more fitting alternative to Teleparty is a platform called Airtime. You don’t want to miss out on this when you’re trying to search for apps like Netflix Party. Similar to the apps we have seen earlier, this too allows you to chat with your friends when your movie or show is playing on screen, however, what’s more to this is that it allows you to store a variety of movies, videos, YouTube and SoundCloud all integrated into this.
- This app is one of the best apps which integrates all your friends into one room for sharing music and movies. You can be a fan of makeup, comedy, music, what not, Airtime has got you sorted.
- Airtime focuses more on building communities around shared interests and passions.
- In this app, you create a room with all the friends you want to call and alert them by using the Hand icon.
- You then use the Popcorn icon when you want to start the movie/ TV show.
- When you find what you want to watch, tap Post to Room. Emojis, stickers and GIFs too are available to send to your friends, like Netflix Party.
Android, iOS and Windows
The last app on this list is an app particularly used for watching movies with large groups of families and friends. Scener describes itself as a “virtual theater” which lets you host public or private video screenings for numerous users. However, only ten can switch on for the video chats if they want to be co-hosts. This platform is perfect for regular movie nights with family and friends.
- Just like other streaming apps, Scener makes use of a hosted video from live-streaming services like Netflix and Disney+, but it also supports streaming from other video sites such as YouTube and Vimeo.
- This app requires you to install a Google Chrome extension for starting the party, like that of Netflix Party.
- There’s no need to fight over the remote, either, as the controls are limited to the main host. However, you will be able to pass their “virtual remote” among yourselves.
- To open a private screening, click the Scener icon in the upper right corner of your browser.
- Click “Create Private Theater.”
- Log in to Netflix after doing this. Now, invite friends to your “Private Theater” by sharing its code or copying the invitation link, which will prompt them to install Scener.
WATCH MORE WATCH PARTY APPS- 6 Best Apps like Rave to Watch Videos Together! 8 Best Kast Alternatives To Watch Video Together  6 Best Apps Like Airtime to Host the Amazing Parties!  7 Best Websites like Dailymotion to Watch Videos! 
CONCLUSION: Apps like Netflix Party
Well, now that you have so many streaming platforms to watch your favorite movies and TV shows in a far more convenient and comfortable manner, why wait? Go ahead and explore each one of them and have a cheese ball with your friends from your home. Just make sure that your hands aren’t all sticky from those cheese balls that you’re munching on!