We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Stores like Goodwill: Thrifted stores and thrift materials are always in trend. Thrifted things never get out of way. The thrift store is a shop that sells second-hand clothes and household goods to raise a fund for charity or church in normal terms.
You can get good quality clothes and goods from thrift stores nowadays. Thrifted stores are a great option for pocket-friendly customers who want to save money but need some basic items for clothing and households.
Goodwill is in the thrifting industry for ages. Goodwill has in a true sense made its goodwill higher in the thrifting industry. Getting the best alternatives from Goodwill Store is tough. But we have brought you here the closest alternatives of Goodwill to reduce your research energy and time.
In this article, we are going to talk about the 6 best alternatives of Goodwill namely Thredup, Swap, salvation Army, Thrifted, Goodfair, and ASOS Marketplace. In this article, we are going to talk about how they work, how they’re similar, and their key highlights.
By the end of the article, you will get all the details about the closest alternatives to Goodwill Store with a summary for the same.
Summary of Goodwill
- The goodwill store is now available online and offline locations too. Here, we are going to talk about online stores and their features.
- The website of Goodwill has a great user interface, which is quite attractive and at the same time easy clocks and tick for the new users or beginners.
- It follows the mission of shopping with meaning and hence every purchase supports a mission of goodwill.
- It has a search toggle on the right corner of the website to search for the products customers want to buy.
- The menubar of the Goodwill website is sorted among the categories, featured page, newly listed page, and my shop goodwill window which ends with stories corner.
- The categories column of goodwill is divided into antiques, movies and music, books, collectibles, jewelry and gemstones, computer, gaming system, crafts, toys, clothing, sports and glass, and much more.
- The featured page took you to the most liked products or most popular products listed under the goodwill store.
- The newly listed page shows the latest lastly of products with the closest time differences to the real-time of your browsing.
- It also offers keyword searches where it provides keywords to use under the titles of antiques, art, bath&body, books, bulk, cameras, clothing, crafts, home goods, and much more.
ThredUp is a great alternative for Goodwill in every possible way and title. It also follows the same rule of charity where its mission defines to be a thrift store for the closet, wallet, and the planet.
Its main area of working is on the online consignments and hence the website is always updated from time to time and gives you the latest updates every time you visit their store.
The ThredUp always comes up with the latest sales, discounts, free shipping offers being a thrift store is a dream of every buyer. Here you will get the products from your favorite brands for a second hand in less than the half prices with many discounts to avail.
Highlights of Thredup
- It offers up to 60% off on the discounts with recent purchases made with Thredup.
- It also has free shipping offers currently rolled out for summer sales.
- It also has gift card options to purchase and send as great gifting options for friends and family.
- It also has cart timers where it blocks one item for you to complete the payment procedure before running out of stock to not disappoint you until the 1-hour time limit.
- The online website is kept very colorful and is a powerpack with many menus and shortcut panels like Goodwill.
- The menubar of Thredup is divided into three main categories which are a shop, clean out, and about.
- It also has a new window open for collections under the tile of new arrivals, tees please, dabble in designer, and much more.
- It also offers the full outfit suggestion which comprises shoes, scarf, accessories, bags, and dresses.
- It also has a shopping category for women where they can choose to shop from minis, maxis, midis, florals, and much more.
- The shop category of Thredup shows categories like Goodwill into womenswear, premium collection, designer, shoes, handbags, accessories, plus, maternity, kids, etc.
- It also has the feature of the shop by brand and shop by outfit guides and styles.
- The cleanout category of Thredup comprises of cash-out option, consignment 101, and order a kit option.
- The about page of thredup shows their story, education, elevation, influence, and recirculation options.
The Salvation Army online thrift store is another great alternative for Goodwill stores in thrifting categories. It is a great alternative store to Goodwill because it has a simple user interface similar to Goodwill and has no extras to confuse the new users and customers.
It also is known for vintage goodies like collectibles, handbags, shoes, and much more in general. It also has a great keyword browsing option similar to Goodwill to make customers find their items easily.
The main menubar is divided into four categories which show the homepage of the website, browsing menu, and register and signup options for both old and new customers both.
Highlights of Salvation Army
- The Salvation Army thrifting online store is a very sleek and simple outlooking store that clears the customer’s confusion and gives a very smooth shopping experience.
- The smaller menu bar of the website comprises bids, a trending window, 24hrs left window, under a 19.99 window, a watch list window, and check out the window.
- It also has a search bar to enter the keywords for finding the best product for customers like the Goodwill store.
- The shopping category of the Salvation Army thrift store is divided among the collectibles, handbags, shoes, jewelry and watches, clothes, accessories, computers, electronics, and much more.
- It also has a unique collection of the discover the treasures where it offers all the vintage products in one place to ship to buyers as soon as they buy.
- The browsing category of the Salvation Army thrift store is as huge as Goodwill which has plenty of options namely antiques, art, baby, boutique, cameras, clothes, misc, music, poetry, audio, video, coins, cellphones, home and garden, sporting goods and much more.
- It also offers ts unique collection of the Salvation Army Merchandise that will usually roll out of stock as soon as it is released.
- It also has an artificial intelligence help center where you can check the messages, bids, won or check out options, and account settings.
- It also has a time limit set for the bids on the products to let people know when they will be sold out and how much they should bid or not.
- It also has a new user support system and contacts our feature for the new customers.
Swap is a great alternative store for the Goodwill store because of the special user interface of their online store. The user interface of the Swap online store is quite attractive as it is of the Goodwill Store which may attract plenty of customers now and then.
The website of the online store is kept very minimal which soothes or brain and doesn’t keep you confusing in-between alerts and unimportant notifications regarding sales, cookies, or updates.
It does promote social problems and campaigns in terms of going sustainable, choosing to recycle for a great change, swapping the other product with the SWAP Products, and also has a stories column to know them better.
Highlights of Swap
- It has a plain basic color changing and messages animated slideshow for keeping customer’s attention high every time on usage.
- It has a side menubar of the home which shows options of about, services, product and contacts.
- The options and shopping features under the Services tabs offer customization options, interior options, panel options, furniture options, accessories options, and much more.
- The accessories panel of services has products listed among a wide range of clocks, frames, keychains, and other accessories.
- The interior panels show products that a recycled and used as interior at home as plastic slabs, recycling marbles into art pieces, and much more.
- The panel page shows different kinds of panel options and the customization page shows customization features of customers contacting them to do so.
- The furniture page shows different sorts of furniture which are made out of recycling products which you can purchase to help them sustain the planet and contribute a little bit to them.
- The products option under the home page shows the portfolios of the products made under their store which has photos and videos collection of the same.
- They also have a contact page where their customers can contact them by entering their name, email address, phone number, and message and waiting for a reply.
- They also have a helpline number and email to contact for queries via phone calls and emails.
Thrifted is another big name after Goodwill if we talk about the household names for the thrifting industry. Hence Thrifted has to be a great alternative to Goodwill without a second thought.
Thrifted’s online store works as in signup and creates an accounting procedure where it directly offers you 10% off on your next order with exclusive drops, sales, and access to high-quality vintage products.
If you are obsessed with the website outcome of Goodwill Store, Thrifted will promise to keep it intact s it has a very similar taste in colors, animations, and website outlook. Hence it will save your time to understand how their online store works.
Highlights of Thrifted
- The main category of shopping under the Thrifted Store is divided among men’s vintage collections, women’s vintage collections, designer vintage collections, and also sportswear vintage collections which is rare to notice.
- The other categories offer outlet collections and retro sunglasses collections.
- It also offers gift card options for gifting friends and family with their merchandise and collection like Goodwill Store.
- The men’s vintage collection has categories of sweatshirts, jumpers, jeans, cord tees, shirts, jackets, coats, trousers, tracksuits, shop by brand, and accessories categories.
- The women’s vintage collection also has sweatshirts and jumpsuit options, tops and tees, dresses, shirts, jackets, coats, trousers, jeans, shorts, skirts, shop by brand, and accessories category.
- The designer vintage collection is divided among the men’s designer vintage collection and women’s designer vintage collection which comprises Burberry, c.p.company, stone island, Prada, Versace, dolce, and Gabbana, Moschino, Fendi, Valentino, Moncler, and many more.
- The sportswear vintage collection comprises the designer as well as sportswear from fila, champion, Nike, kappa, hoodies, shell jackets, and much more.
- The outlet corner of Thrifted is comprised of polos, rugby, fleeces, hoodies, shirts, tees, jackets, coats, dresses, etc.
Goodfair is another cool alternative to Goodwill because of its aesthetic features and outlooks. It also keeps its customers hooked with discounts, sales, and much more.
The instant discounts are avail for 25% on orders, signups, and much more. The user interface of Goodfair is kept very aesthetic and comprises the classic collection, titles, photos, animations, and much more.
Goodfair offers free shipping on orders over $75 and also supports campaigns like save the planet with thrifts and much more in general. The main home page comprises of the sales alerts and menubar which has options of the shop and about us.
Highlights of Goodfair
- It also has a track your order feature for the customers to get their purchase details and much more.
- It also has signup and login features which work on the email address and password protection and subscriptions to choose from.
- It also has partnered with Instagram for the easy shopping feature with Goodfair.
- It also has joined the force feature which is an e-newsletter to stay in the loop about the new arrivals, products, special offers, events, and much more via email campaigns.
- It also has no new things pledge page where it has stories and alternative options for sustaining and maintaining the thrift industry the importance it deserves.
- It also has a replacement order option where customers can request a replacement for the orders made with Goodfair.
- The shopping option under Goodfair is kept minimal which has a collection for women, men, and bundles purchase option.
- The main page of Goodfair comprises its best-selling products whoch are loved by its millions of customers.
- The good fair store collection is popular for printed t-shirts, hoodies, customizable prints, their merchandise collection, and bright colors collections.
- They have been featured in bof, Refinery 29, Vogue, Cosmopolitan, WWD, Today, and much more.
ASOS Marketplace has a huge platform to browse for thrifting products. It is bigger than what Goodwill seems to be and hence it has to be on the list of top 6 alternatives of Goodwill Store.
ASOS Marketplace is home to the best independent brands and vintage boutiques to shop directly from. It has more than 900+ brands to shop vintage and thrift products under the ASOS Marketplace.
The main menu of ASOS Marketplace is divided among women’s homepage, a new in which is page for new arrivals, clothing, accessories, and shoes, trending now, clearance, and signing features.
Highlights of ASOS Marketplace
- The main menubar of ASOS Marketplace is also divided among the men’s fashion, boutiques, and sell here page where people can sell their products on ASOS Marketplace.
- The hot brands available in the marketplace namely are joe banana, sugar+style, the kin edit, gone retro, old but gold vintage, batch1, and much more.
- It is available worldwide shopping options where it has more than 200 countries listed to ship through and to.
- It also has a category of help and information that provides you with information regarding deliveries, returns, copyrights, terms and conditions, and much more.
- It also has a marketplace guarantee page, a fashion do not fake page, an animal welfare policy, and much more.
- It also has a selling feature where it comprises opening a boutique and selling helpdesk.
- It has many options to buy from as bags, purses, gloves, hats, jewelry, watches, phone cases, shoes, sunglasses, and much more.
- It also has clearance sales of 50% to 705 off on everything you buy under clearance options.
- In the conclusion, ASOS Marketplace has everything Goodwill promises you with a lot more extras to shop and look from.
Final Verdict: Stores like Goodwill
In conclusion, we have here provided you with the 6 best alternative stores of Goodwill for shopping in the thrifting industry which is being recognized and growing day by day.
The planet needs more sort of sustainability and recycling options and hence choosing a thrifting store is more important than buying the first outlets from the shop itself. The second-hand products are not bad, they save you a lot of money, give good qualities and help to save the planet even by a lesser percentage.
What are the best alternatives to Goodwill?
The Salvation Army