We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post. visit here for more details.
Stores Like Buffalo Exchange: Everything is becoming expensive and to always shine out in a crowd costs you a lot. And when we talk about clothes they are no less than gold for the people. And you simply can’t just donate them after using them up to an extent.
If we are spending a lot on clothes then some bucks should be our return on investment too when we don’t need them. And it is not possible to give them back to the store from where we purchased them in the first place.
But there are online stores on the internet today that help you earn a return on investment for the used clothes you no longer need in your life. All those stores have only one motto that is – Buy, Sell, and Trade.
Buffalo Exchange is a great tool to earn Cash for Fashion. You can trade in your closet with them and earn cash for the same. They promise you to get paid on the spot in cash or trade. They have more than 50 stores located in different states for walk-in.
In this article, we are going to talk about 6 Amazing Stores Like Buffalo Exchange namely Beacon’s Closet, CrossRoads Trading, Plato’s Closet, Style Encore, Wasteland, and Once Upon A Child.
By the end of the article, you will get to know about all these 6 stores like Buffalo Exchange in detail with a short description and key highlights.
Beacon’s Closet is one of the great alternative stores like Buffalo Exchange when we talk about buy, sell and trade. It is known for its modern and vintage clothing. You can choose how you want to buy, sell and trade according to your convenience.
When we talk about their website, it is quite minimal and on point to talk about. No ads to interrupt and do their job step by step. Users can easily create an account and do their login procedure to shop, buy or trade with Beacon’s Closet.
Key Highlights of Beacon’s Closet
- The user interface is quite friendly and easy to navigate.
- The store doesn’t have any advertisements blocking your motto of buying and selling.
- It has the easiest menu bar to come across.
- They offer 10% off if you subscribe to their mailing list via email address.
- You can choose to buy, sell or trade with the options in-store, by mail, and on-trend.
- In the shop category, they offer the option to shop from the featured section, feminine section, and masculine section.
- In the locations section, you can easily get the address of their offline store with their email address, working hours, contact number, and images.
- They believe in the motto of- 100% open and 100% anti-fascist.
CrossRoads Trading comes on the list of stores like Buffalo Exchange because it has bought, sell, and trade your clothes. They also offer career output and a selling guide before you get started with CrossRoads.
Crossroads Trading is quite an antique shop that was started in the year 1991 by Chip Gerken and Jerry Block. They started with secondhand clothing to be the alternative to traditional retail and now have built a huge online community with secondhand businesses to work miracles.
Key Highlights of CrossRoads Trading
- You can choose to buy, sell or trade your wardrobe easily with them.
- Their app is free to use and hence you can simply download it from Google Play Store and Apple App Store.
- They also have a blog page and sustainability page to look at how they work for a good cause.
- They also have a selling guide available for new users who want to start their selling journey with CrossRoads Trading.
- Their main menu bar is divided among buy/sell/trade section, sell by mail, selling guide, locations, blog, careers, and gift card section.
- To sell your clothes with CrossRoads you can choose from 4 different ways which are- In Store, Drop-off, Consignment, and Mail.
- If you choose to sell your clothes for cash in the stores, then you will get the payment on the spot from 30% to 70%.
- They only accept clean, unstained, odor-free items in excellent condition.
- They also see for the details on your clothing, details also need to be perfect and one missing button, then your item is simply rejected.
Plato’s closet is a great alternative store to Buffalo Exchange because of the best secondhand clothing trends for teens and adults. You can simply bring brand-name clothing and accessories and get paid well for the same.
They offer you the option of establishing and owning your store with Plato’s closet and they also have how it works corner to see and get updated on how you can work with them. They also have a dedicated section that shows a blog page, company info, etc.
Key Highlights of Plato’s Closet
- You can simply log in via your email address to their app and website to get started with Plato’s Closet.
- They believe in the motto Live Sustainably And they have a dedicated corner for the same too.
- They also have an online store location which offers you all the locations on the globe with the correct address to walk in.
- The brands which Plato’s Corner takes clothes for are- Adidas, American Eagle, Champion, Coach, Converse, Forever 21, Fabletics, Guess, H&M, Jordans, Levis, Nike, Under Armours, Urban outfitters, Vans, and much more.
- They simply have a bring-it-in option where you can bring all the brands mentioned above clothing and they will recheck and pay you for the same in cash.
- It also has a reward system where you can get points every time you shop or sell on their portal.
- They also give the option of owning Plato’s Closet, so simply they offer a chance to own a store with their resale franchise.
- Plato’s Closet also offers an email listing where you can simply choose the location, and store, and get yourself registered for the email listing updates.
Style Encore is just another subsidiary brand of Plato’s Closet and Once Upon A Child. Hence the working of Plato’s Closet, Style Encore and Once Upon A Child is quite similar when we talk about it.
Style Encore makes a great store for stores like Buffalo Exchange because the main motto for both of them is sustainability. Both of them work secondhand clothing. They buy and sell only great condition clothing after scrutinizing them in the first place.
Key Highlights of Style Encore
- The website and app both are easy to use.
- You can simply choose to shop or sell your second-hand clothes with them.
- For selling the clothes with style Encore, they will scrutinize it first, and then will make your offer to get paid in cash or trade it.
- You can choose to sell them online or have a walk-in visit to the nearest store.
- For shopping, they have a dedicated search bar where you simply can search by category, brand, location, color, size, and price.
- You can also find a store locator in their app and online website.
- Not only secondhand clothing, but you can also sell your handbags, shoes, and accessories and get paid in cash via Style Encore.
- You can choose to trade in or get paid by cash for your clothes. Or you can simply just shop from their store online or walk-in visits.
- You can choose to buy, sell or trade in the categories of Tops, Bottoms, Handbags, Dresses, Shoes, Athletic, Jewelry, Jackets, Accessories, and Swimwear.
Wasteland is a good alternative to Buffalo Exchange to attract millions of customers. Their user interface for both app and website works miracles. Their presentations, animations, photography and designs are brilliant and eye-catching.
The walk-in stores are available in locations namely Hollywood, Studio City, Highland Park, and San Francisco to shop or visit the shop and look for secondhand clothes and accessories.
Key Highlights of Wasteland
- They showcase every product under their website with great detail work and clarity, hence buyers can get the exact look of the outfit they want to select.
- Wasteland offers a selling option too where you can choose to sell in their store or by consignment.
- If you choose to sell by consignment, then payment will be taking place in the next 3-5 business days. But if you choose store selling, then they will pay you in cash immediately.
- The cash payment is considered for the under $50 for your clothes, but if the total pricing of your clothes goes above $50, then they will pay you in check.
- You can also choose to stay in touch with Wasteland by subscribing to their email listings for updates etc.
- They accept online payments in mode and partnership with Amex, Apple Pay, Discover, Meta, G Pay, Visa, MasterCard, Paypal, etc.
Once Upon A Child
Once Upon A Child is a great alternative store like Buffalo exchange to get second-hand clothes. It is specially curated for kids and hence the title is justified. You can easily shop, sell and trade clothes for your kids.
Once Upon A Child is a subsidiary to Style Encore and Plato’s Closet. All three brands have the same roots and are part of the family. Hence satisfaction level of customers is said to delight as per their growth.
Key Highlights of Once Upon A Child
- You can simply sell used clothes for your kids, toys, and much more with Once Upon A Child.
- Once Upon A Child accepts used clothes of a boy, girl, and baby clothing, footwear, toys, books, games, all the baby gear, furniture and sleeves, and much more.
- The store also allows finding a store option to see the offline locations.
- They also offer you to shop in-store.
- Once Upon A Child offers cash payment in exchange for the used clothes and materials for your kids.
- They also have a selling guide for selling the clothes for your kids.
- The store also has a dedicated blog page and FAQ portal to clear the doubts regarding their store.
- They also have a safety page dedicated on their online site to know about their staff training, etc.
- You can also choose to own a franchise of Once Upon A Child and set up your store.
Here, we come to an end with the article 6 Amazing Stores Like Buffalo Exchange. We saw in detail the stores for second-hand clothing and selling and buying facilities with trade-in options.
The 6 amazing stores we saw were Once Upon A Child, Plato’s Closet, Style Encore, CrossRoads Trading, Beacon’s Closet, and Wasteland. Hope you get all the relevant information for the stores here.
Who owns Buffalo Exchange?
Buffalo Exchange is in the hands of- Kerstin Block.
Who owns Beacon’s Closet?
Beacon’s Closet is managed by Carrie Peterson.
Who owns CrossRoads Trading?
CrossRoads Trading is in the hands of- Jerry Block and Chip Gerken.
Who owns Plato’s Closet?
Plato’s Closet is managed by Winmark Corporation.
Who owns Style Encore?
Style Encore is owned by Winmark Corporation.
Who owns Wasteland?
Wasteland Clothing is said to be in the hands of- Joe Swinney and Cheryl Cohen.
Who owns Once Upon A Child?
Once Upon A Child is in the hands of Winmark Corporation.