We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Sky Go Error Code 0-01: Sky Go is a streaming TV series through which you can access live sports, box sets, shows, news, movies, and other entertainment.
However, many people have complained about an error code 0-01 when they are trying to use Sky Go. If you’ve also encountered the same, you’re at the right place.
In this article, we’ve mentioned a few ways to help you get rid of the Sky Go error code 0-01. So, keep on reading the article!
What is Sky Go Error Code 0-01?
When you get the error code 0-01 on Sky Go, the following error message might be displayed on your screen – “Connecting Your Application. We’re having problems connecting you. Please try again (001).”
How to Fix: Sky Go Error Code 0-01
Check Your Internet Connection
One of the first things you should do is to check if you have got a strong internet connection. If not, restart your router and modem and see if this fixes the issue.
You can also try connecting to a different network. For example, if you are currently connected to a Wi-Fi network, switch to a metered network or vice versa.
Restart Your Device
If your internet connection is fine, there is a possibility that the issue might be with your device. So, try restarting your device and see if this helps.
Reinstall Sky Go
If the above solutions didn’t help, you’ll need to uninstall the Sky Go app and clear its data. In order to clear its data, follow the instructions below.
- Open Windows Explorer, and navigate to Local Disk C.
- Then, tap on Users and look for your PC Username.
- Now, tap on App Data. If the app data folder is not showing, then ensure that you’ve enabled the ‘Show hidden files option’ on your computer.
- Select Roaming and look for the Sky Go folder.
- Now, Delete the folder permanently.
- Navigate to Finder and select Go Tab from the top left corner navigation.
- Select Go to Folder under the Go Tab and type in ~/Library/Caches and press Enter.
- Go to Sky Go App Folder and move Sky Go to trash.
- Then, right-click on the bin icon.
- Now, select Empty Bin.
To make sure whether you have deleted the Sky Go app or not, try searching Skey Go on your device’s storage, and then delete Sky Go related folders and files from your device.
So, once you are done uninstalling the Sky Go app from your device, reinstall it again and see if this fixes the issue. In this way, you’ll also install the latest version of the Sky Go app.
Check Firewall Settings
Since it is a connection problem, you can try adding an exception to your Firewall settings.
- Start -> type Firewall -> select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall and click on Allow another app.
- Now, tap on Browse and Manually navigate to the Sky GO exe file using the following – ‘C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Sky\Sky Go\Sky Go.exe”
- Add the above exe file to your list of Firewall exceptions.
- Now, check the list and ensure that Sky Go is there.
Reset Sky Q Box Settings
You can also try resetting your Sky Q Box settings. All you need to do is press the Home button on your Sky Q remote and then go to Settings.
Now, enter 0-01 on the remote and press Select -> Reset -> Reset Settings. Now, your Sky Q box will restart. Once it is rebooted, check if the error code 0-01 is still there.
If none of the above solutions helps, all you can do is visit the help forums of Sky Go and see if you can find something helpful. Also, you can try to contact the customer support team and report the error you’ve encountered.
What is error code 0-01 on Sky Go?
Error code 0-01 on Sky Go indicates a connection problem.
How do I fix error code 0-01 on Sky Go?
Ensure that you’ve got a strong internet connection, try restarting your device, resetting your Sky Q box settings, and see if you are using the latest version of Sky Go.
Why can’t I log into Sky Go?
There is a possibility that you might have entered the wrong password, so, check if it’s correct. And if you’ve forgotten your password, you can reset it anytime.