Hopper vs Expedia: Which Is Better Choice? 
We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Hopper vs Expedia: Hopper and Expedia are popular one-stop travel services that let you plan and book your entire trip, all in one place.
If both are amazing services offering incredible features, which one is the best among them? We know, this might be the question popping in your head.
So, to know the answer to this question, read this Hopper vs Expedia comparison article where we have mentioned everything that you have to know about them.
Hopper vs Expedia: Overview
Hopper is an online travel agency where you can find the best and cheapest flights, homes, hotels, and car rentals – all in one place. Every time you book your trips through Hopper, you’ll save a large sum compared to other travel booking sites.
Here, you’ll find tens of thousands of hotels, flights, and car rentals. Its exclusive limited-time discounts offer unbeatable prices. Moreover, every time you book through Hooper earn Carrot Cash – Hopper’s discount and reward program.
Expedia is another online travel agency through which you can explore everyday travel deals and promotions. So, find your favorite holiday and save heavily on flights, hotels, and cars.
And with Member Prices, you’ll save an average of 15% or more on hotels and get double points on all eligible bookings. All you need to do is to download the app, login or sign up for the app and book flights and hotels within a few minutes.
Hopper vs Expedia: Similarities
Both Hopper and Expedia are two popular online travel services that let you search, and book hotels, flights, car rentals and other travel-related services. They both offer a wide range of filters and classifying options to help you find the best deals.
Hopper vs Expedia: Key Features
- Price Predictions: Predicts future prices for hotels and flights with 95% accuracy to let you find the best time to book. And when it’s the best tie book, it sends you a notification.
- Fare Alerts: Fare alerts for hotels and flights are set to help you find the best deals.
- Personalized Recommendations: Depending on your past travels, it gives recommendations for flights and hotels to make the most of your trip.
- Flexible Dates: Search for flights on different dates where you can get the best deal and lowest prices.
- Price Freeze: This feature lets you freeze the price for a hotel or flight and pay later.
- Exclusive Discounts: Offers bonus limited time discounts on top destinations.
- User Interface: It has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to search, and book flights, car rentals, and hotels.
- Services: Offers a wide variety of travel services including hotels, flights, car rentals, and vacation packages.
- Travel Packages: Its travel package deals can let you save money by booking a combination of hotels, flights, and rental cars altogether.
- Rewards Program: It ‘Loyalty Program’ or Expedia Rewards lets you earn points on bookings and redeem them for discounts on future bookings.
- Planning: Offers trip planning tools and resources including recommendations, travel guides, and travel plan management.
- Price Match Guarantee: It provides a refund for the difference if you find a cheaper price for the same booking elsewhere.
- User Interface: It has an easy-to-use interface with a lot of features.
Hopper vs Expedia: Which Is More Cheaper?
Since flights, hotels, and travel prices can differ based on several factors like destination, travel dates, and availability, it is quite difficult to say which between Hopper and Expedia is cheaper.
A few features like price prediction and flexible dates search by Hopper can help you find affordable options as the app focuses on low-cost carriers. On the other hand, Expedia’s various package deals, travel options, and price match guarantee can also help you find the cheapest options.
However, to know which travel agency is cheaper, the best way is to compare prices for certain flights, hotels, and other services on both platforms and see which, between Hopper and Expedia, offers the best deal.
Moreover, it is also better to check prices on other travel booking agencies or directly with airlines because various services might have access to different deals and prices.
Is Hopper Owned by Expedia?
No. Expedia doesn’t own Hopper. Hopper is an entirely separate travel booking service that was founded in 2007 and Expedia is a huge online travel business that was founded in 1996.
Although both companies offer similar travel booking facilities, they are different companies and function independently of each other.
Hopper vs Expedia: Which is Better?
Both platforms assist you in searching and booking the cheapest hotels, flights, rental cars, and other travel services. Although they are quite similar, there are a few differences that make one of them better than the other.
For instance, Hopper is widely known for its flight booking features that assist you in finding the best time to book the cheapest flights. And Expedia has an inclusive travel service like vacation packages, flights, and hotels.
In the end, based on your preferences and requirements, it entirely depends on you to decide which is the best platform that offers better services.
FAQs: Expedia vs Hopper
Is Hopper and Expedia the same?
Both companies offer services for booking the cheapest flights, hotels, and car rentals. But both have different parent companies.
Is it better to book through Hopper?
Hopper can help you find affordable options as the app focuses on low-cost carriers.
Does Expedia refund your money?
You can cancel a flight through Expedia within 24 hours and get a complete refund.