We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Generac Error Code 1902: Generac is known for creating a variety of powerful and portable generators. Sometimes, an error with the code 1902 can show up on your generator’s display. This usually happens because of issues with the generator’s firmware or problems with its slip rings.
If you’re someone who uses a Generac generator and you’re facing the 1902 error code, don’t worry. We’re here to help you with this guide.
We’ll go through all the potential solutions to help you sort out this error. Whether it’s a hiccup in the software or issues with specific parts of the generator, we have the solutions you need. So, read the steps to fix the Generac error code 1902 on your generator and get it running smoothly again.
What is Generac Error Code 1902?
Error code 1902 on a Generac generator indicates a low voltage condition. This can happen due to several reasons, such as:
- Low fuel level
- Low oil level
- Faulty stator
- Faulty voltage regulator
- Loose or corroded connections
- Faulty control board
How to Fix: Generac Error Code 1902
Check the Fuel & Oil Level
Make sure to examine the levels of both fuel and oil in your generator. Ensuring that there’s enough fuel and oil is essential for its proper functioning. If either of these levels is low, it can lead to performance issues or even cause the generator to stop working altogether.
Regularly checking and maintaining proper fuel and oil levels is a simple yet crucial step to keep your generator running smoothly.
Updating your Generac generator’s firmware can often be the key solution. Many users who encountered this issue found that a simple firmware update resolved it.
Here’s how you can manually update the firmware:
- To do this, you’ll need the serial number of your inverter, along with the installer and customer email IDs. Go here and enter these details.
- After entering the required information, you’ll be able to download the firmware update file for your PWRCELL.
- Once the update file is downloaded, copy it onto a USB flash drive.
- Go to your generator device and find the EDIT option. Use the arrow buttons to navigate to the Firmware Update option, then press Enter.
- When prompted, insert the USB flash drive into the USB slot on the generator. Wait for the device to recognize the contents of the drive.
- On the screen, you’ll see the current version of your firmware and the version of the firmware you’ve copied to the USB drive.
- Once you’re certain, click the Enter button and confirm by selecting Yes when asked if you’re sure about installing the update.
- Wait for a few seconds while the update is being installed. You’ll notice the Manual LED indicator blinking briefly, followed by the Auto LED indicator light.
- Once the update is successfully installed, the screen will display the current version of your hardware and the recently installed firmware version.
- After the update, check if the issue has been resolved.
Important Note: If your generator is already connected to Wi-Fi, updates should take place automatically, so manual firmware updates may not be necessary.
Run the Device in Quite Mode
Another commonly used troubleshooting method that has helped many users resolve issues is to disable the quiet test mode on your generator and set it to run based on a schedule.
By doing this, you’re essentially testing if the problem is related to the quiet test mode settings. Give it a try to see if this adjustment successfully resolves the issue you’re facing with your generator.
Install the Generic Cold Weather Kit
If you live in a really cold area and your Generac generator keeps showing an error even after updating its firmware, it could be because of the severe cold weather. In situations like this, the extreme cold might be causing the problem.
To fix this, you should get in touch with your local dealer or the person who installed the generator. Ask them to install a Generac Cold Weather Kit for your generator. This kit helps protect the generator from the super cold weather, making sure it works correctly despite the freezing conditions.
Contact an Authorized Dealer
If after applying the above fixes you can’t resolve on your own, it’s a good idea to reach out to an authorized dealer for assistance. These experts have the knowledge and experience to diagnose and fix the issue correctly.
What is Generac Error Code 1902?
Generac Error Code 1902 means your generator has low voltage. This can happen due to different reasons, like low fuel or oil, a problem with the voltage regulator, loose wires, or a faulty control board. It’s like your generator feeling weak.
Your generator needs proper voltage to work well. So, check fuel, oil, connections, and get an expert to fix bigger issues.
How to Fix Generac Error Code 1902?
To fix Generac Error Code 1902, make sure to check the fuel and oil levels, try updating the firmware, operate the generator in quiet mode, install a Generac Cold Weather Kit and if the error persists, get in touch with an authorized dealer for professional assistance.