We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Games like Sea of Stars: Sea of Stars is a recently launched, yet fairly popular RPG video game, giving you a new adventurous experience. In this game, you will swim, vault, jump off, hoist up, and climb ledges as you roam around in a beautiful world, on an adventure of peril as a solstice warrior.
The game is available on a good bunch of platforms, including Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and more. Overall, it gives you a new RPG experience and comes with beautiful landscapes and sceneries to discover.
Now, we suggest you give this game a shot, but for those who have already tried it and liked its overall concept – are you searching for more similar games? If yes, then, all you need to do is continue reading because the article below contains the list of the best games like Sea of Stars out there.
List of Games like Sea of Stars:
1. Chained Echoes
Chained Echoes comes with an outstanding 9/10 rating on Steam, an adventure RPG video game where you are invited to a fantasy world filled with dragons, and more fascinating activities.
You can try the game on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and more devices, and it is available for $24.99 on the Steam, Xbox, and PlayStation stores.
- You get to enjoy around 30 to 40 hours of playtime.
- It has a complex skill and equipment system.
- You can either travel and fight by foot or use your mech.
- You get enough customization options for your airship.
- There are no random encounters, and you can see enemies running around.
2. Chrono Trigger
Chrono Trigger is one of the oldest RPG adventure games mentioned in this article. It is a 1995 timeless classic game, inviting you to an unforgettable journey of the past, to the far future, and gradually, to the end of time – all to save the planet.
You can try the game on a big list of platforms, including PlayStation 3, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS, Android, and more devices. As for its price, you can get it for $14.99 on the Steam store and $9.99 on the Google Play Store.
- The old 1995 version has been upgraded with new technologies and systems to give you a modern gameplay experience with old energy.
- You get to use more than 50 different types of combinations between 2 and 3 characters.
- It comes with dimensional vortexes and lost sanctum dungeons.
Grandia is another old title, released in 1997. It is a popular RPG adventure game series, revolving around Justin, the protagonist, along with his companions in a race against evil forces.
You will be experiencing an instant classic and influential RPG of all time — while uncovering multiple long-forgotten secrets in an ancient civilization.
You can try the game on multiple platforms, including PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Nintendo Switch, and more. Also, it is available for $9.99 on the Steam store.
- The old and original version of the game has been enhanced with modern tools and technology for an upgraded touch.
- The audio language settings can be altered to English and Japanese, while it supports English, French, Japanese, and German translations.
4. Octopath Traveler
Octopath Traveler is another interesting RPG with beautiful landscapes and scenery to explore. It is an award-winning RPG with eight travelers, eight different adventures, and eight roles to play.
In this game, you will embark on an epic journey in the vast and wondrous world of Orsterra, to discover the captivating stories of different travelers.
You can play the game on Microsoft Windows, Nintendo, Google Play Store, PlayStation, Xbox, iOS, and more platforms. As for its price, it is available for $59.99 on the Steam, Xbox, and Nintendo stores.
- Each character comes with extensive skills and abilities.
- You get to enjoy a deep turn-based combat battle system.
- You get to enjoy beautiful visuals inspired by retro 2D RPG, and realistic elements set in a 3D universe.
5. Cosmic Star Heroine
Cosmic Star Heroine is an underrated, science-fiction RPG adventure video game, including three planets to discover — aliens, magic, and robots
Along with that, the game comes with more fresh and interesting elements like forbidden technologies, a ruined world, ghosts, long-forgotten secrets, conspiracies, and a galactic threat – while you are the only protagonist to solve everything.
- You get to enjoy individual style and more than 100 minutes of original music.
- You can try multi-character combination techniques, and have fun with an innovative turn-based combat system.
6. Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga is a 2003 RPG adventure video game, enlisted here for Mario fans. It is a turn-based action game where Mario and Luigi travel and explore the Beanbean kingdom to recover Princess Peach’s voice from a witch named Cackletta.
As you might have already guessed, the art style is similar to what you see in usual Mario games, and you get to experience different and innovative mechanics compared to similar titles.
- You can play the game on Nintendo 3DS, Game Boy Advance, and Wii U.
- The game will ride you across multiple beautiful landscapes, and over 20 locations.
- You have three playable characters to choose from, including Mario, Luigi, and Toad.
7. Baten Kaitos
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean is a Japanese adventure RPG video game, inclusive of JRPG masterpieces. It has been recently upgraded with improved graphics and features and is available for $49.99 on the Nintendo store.
The game includes a plot, and it talks about a great conflict between the evil God and the people where people have successfully sealed the God. But, as time passes and incidents take place, the same God is revoking, and you are called to save the people.
- The game supports multiple text languages, including Spanish, German, Italian, English, and French.
- The art style includes beautiful characters and gorgeous landscapes and sceneries to explore in the magical world.
8. Star Ocean 2
Star Ocean 2 is a sequel to the original game in the series and an action-adventure JRPG from 1998, but you have to start by choosing between two characters – Claude and Rena.
You will be playing both the characters through different perspectives, and unlocking multiple endings – all while experiencing many interesting activities.
The game is available on a good variety of devices and platforms, including Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Portable, Microsoft Windows, and more. As for the price, it will cost you $49.99 on the Steam and PlayStation store.
- The game includes unique 2.5 D aesthetics, infused with 2D pixel characters, and 3D landscapes and environments.
- You get to fight in thrilling and visually explosive fights.
- You can customize your skills and pair powerful abilities and gears together.
9. Cat Quest
Cat Quest is a popular open-world RPG adventure video game set in an adorable world of cats. Here, you will go on a grand adventure to find the evil Drakoth along with your kidnapped sister.
Along with that, you will get to explore the world map of Felingard, and risk your life, and limb delving into multiple dungeons for epic loot, while you lend a hand — or rather a paw, to a cast of characters in different side quests.
- It offers full outfit and equipment customization.
- You are allowed to mix and match different armor, weapons, and spells to create perfect combinations to suit your play style.
We know you might have come across many different names on the Internet, and there are indeed many more good titles like Sea of Stars.
However, just know that the above-mentioned list is curated with titles with only good and above-average ratings on all the platforms – all coming with unique stories, upgraded mechanics, deep plots, and overall fun play.
With that, we have reached the end of the article, and hope you now know some good games like Sea of Stars.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any more good games like Sea of Stars on PlayStation?
Chained Echoes, Chrono Trigger, Grandia, Octopath Traveler, Cosmic Star Heroine, Breath of Fire IV, Star Ocean 2, and Cat Quest are some more good games like Sea of Stars on PlayStation.
What are games like Sea of Stars on Switch?
Chained Echoes, Grandia, Octopath Traveler, Cosmic Star Heroine, Baten Kaitos, Star Ocean 2, and Cat Quest are some of the best games like Sea of Stars on Nintendo Switch.
Are there more games like Sea of Stars for Android?
Chrono Trigger, Octopath Traveler, and Cat Quest are a few more games like Sea of Stars for Android.