Duolingo vs Duolingo Plus: Currently, knowing only one language is not enough. At least an individual should know 2 languages which he/she can speak and write to sail a little smoother in today’s world. It can become a difficult task to learn new languages after a particular work routine or age criteria.
Learning a new language needs a lot of time and attention to be given, to ace at any language. Once you get busy studying for the higher graduation, colleges, universities, or working in a 9-5 timer, picking up a new skill is an impossible task to carry out.
In this article, we are going to provide you with a solution to a hassle-free language learning service which is offered by Duolingo. This article is going to give you knowledge regarding Duolingo and Duolingo Plus.
By the end of the article, you will get the simpler difference between Duolingo and Duolingo Plus. Additional to the difference, you will also get details about the plans, prices, features, and much more.
What is Duolingo?
Duolingo is a multi-lingual learning app that provides you the skill of learning a new language with fun activities and an easy user interface.
Duolingo was founded approximately 11 years ago which currently feeds 400+ employees and earns profit revenue up to USD 161.7 million. Duolingo has its headquarters geographically in Pittsburg, United States.
Duolingo doesn’t have a limited-service option, it offers its services throughout the globe. Duolingo is being parented by Luis von Ahn who is at the key position of the Chief Executive Officer and Severin Hacker who is Chief Technical Officer and the co-founder.
In today date, Duolingo has more than 500 million users which are registered for learning a new language via their services.
What is Duolingo Plus?
Duolingo Plus is the premium access to the Duolingo app’s exclusive features.
Duolingo Plus is a paid version for premium access to more benefits for the customers.
Duolingo Plus has unique features of unlimited hearts, ad-free service, and much more to offer its customers. Duolingo Plus is a premium facility with a paid subscription.
Duolingo Plus also offers a free trial of full 14 days.
Duolingo vs Duolingo Plus: Plans and Pricing
- Duolingo is a free app that provides learning of a new language on a basic platform.
- Duolingo supports the free education movement and plays the best role.
- Duolingo app offers to learn multi-lingual at your devices and your preferred timings.
- Duolingo Plus is a paid plan.
- Duolingo Plus is free for the first 14 days.
- Duolingo Plus costs you around $6.99/per month after the free trial gets over.
Duolingo vs Duolingo Plus: Features
- Duolingo is supportive of both the devices namely the iPhone and Android.
- Duolingo app is available on both Google Play Store And Apple Store.
- Duolingo offers to learn, speaking, and writing programs to learn and select from.
- Duolingo has a wide concept of languages to choose from.
- Duolingo Basic plan offers excellent podcast features in Spanish and French language.
- Duolingo has a sleek and clean structure to follow as well as simple enough to learn a new language.
- Duolingo allows you to test out lessons that are easy according to you.
- Duolingo offers learning at just one click at whatever timing you decide without changing your work routine or study routine to do so.
Duolingo Alternatives: Duolingo vs Babbel vs Memrise vs Busuu: Comparison
- Duolingo Plus is premium access offered by Duolingo App.
- Duolingo Plus has no ads feature which is an ad-free program to stop interruption in between the learning.
- Duolingo Plus offers unlimited hearts which helps to correct the mistakes without trying not to make any.
- Duolingo Plus offers a mistake review feature where customers get a personalized lesson to resolve their mistakes and learn from them.
- Streak making a feature of Duolingo is loved by all. Duolingo Plus allows a monthly streak repair which automatically repairs your streaks free every month.
- Duolingo Plus offers a mastery quiz that allows customers to track how much they mastered or progressed in a particular course stream.
- Duolingo Plus offers unlimited skill-testing options where you can test your knowledge at any level without a hurdle or hassle.
- Duolingo plus offers mastery levels up to level 6 with unlimited attempts to complete the mastery course of the same.
- Duolingo Plus offers not any kind of new lessons. Duolingo Plus is particularly the same lessons that Duolingo offers.
Duolingo vs Duolingo Plus: Difference at Glance
|Duolingo is a free version to learn new languages.
|Duolingo Plus is a paid version to learn new languages.
|Duolingo is the free basic plan so doesn’t have any free trial option.
|Duolingo Plus offers a free trial of 14 days.
|Duolingo free pack has advertisements that interrupt in between.
|Duolingo Plus offers an ad-free option without any interruption in new learning.
|Unlimited lessons hearts and features
|Duolingo offers limited features such as hearts, mastery level, and much more.
|Duolingo Plus offers unlimited hearts and unlimited testing options and much more.
Ultimate Verdict: Is Duolingo Plus better than Duolingo?
In one word, Duolingo Plus is a paid subscription to Duolingo. The only downside of Duolingo Plus is that it does not offer any new lessons or exclusive courses which Duolingo doesn’t have.
In fact, Duolingo Plus only offers exclusive minimal features with the same course Duolingo Free plan carries.
Hence if you want unlimited exclusive features and not courses then you can subscribe to thew Duolingo Plus.
But if you are looking for exclusive courses or new courses with new languages in Duolingo Plus, sorry it is going to disappoint you for not offering new courses. Hence in popular opinion, Duolingo Plus is not worthy as per paid subscription.
What’s the difference between Duolingo and Duolingo Plus?
The ultimate difference between both of them is you get exclusive features with Duolingo Plus which is limited to just Duolingo's basic plan.
Is Duolingo Plus worth money?
Honestly, it is not worth money because Duolingo Plus does not offer any exclusive course system or new streams of languages with mastery to ace it.