Plumfund vs GoFundMe: You might be thinking what is the best fundraising platform? Or wondering which will offer you better options? You are at the right place! In this article, I’ll give you a detailed comparison on Plumfund and GoFundMe which will help you choose the best platform.
Crowdfunding is more than just a prominent fundraising approach. These operations have confirmed to be a trusted way for individuals, teams, and organizations to raise their fundraising power over their online networks. You might be aware of the popular crowdfunding platforms like Plumfund and GoFundMe, these crowdfunding platforms offer similar abilities, more distinct features, and well value.
Even though they are alike, they have many differences, this might be the motive that has kept you looking for a better evaluation. Check out the guide below for further detailed information on Plumfund vs GoFundMe comparison.
Plumfund vs GoFundMe: What are they?
Plumfund is a crowdfunding site that permits fundraisers to accumulate donations virtually for any kind of individual or personal cause or for a project. From baby shower to your school funding, anybody can simply meet their personal fundraising goals on Plumfund. Create your own Plumfund within few minutes to raise money.
Plumfund is one of the best user-friendly platforms to request and gather cash gifts and it is specifically designed to make donating feel good. Fundraisers can be able to share their post photos, post stories, and accept donations for their personalized fundraising pages.
Furthermore, Plumfund’s simple updates feature lets fundraisers to share their triumphs and show donors accurately where their donations have actually gone. It is completely free for fundraiser that receives offline cash and check gifts. However, if fundraiser accept credit card contributions, then donors are exposed to third-party processing fees which is 2.8% plus $0.30 per transaction.
GoFundMe is an American for for-profit crowdfunding platform that lets people to collect money for events, either it is for life events such as celebrations and graduations or for problematic situations like illnesses, diseases and accidents. Since 2010, this platform has raised over $9 billion with donations from over 120 million contributors.
GoFundMe is completely free for personal campaigns in countries like United Kingdom, United States, Australia, Netherlands, Ireland, France, Canada, Germany, Spain and Italy. It lets users to make their own personal website with which they can raise money. All through this procedure, members can define their fundraising reason and the total money they want to raise and can even upload videos or photos.
Once the website is created, GoFundMe authorizes its users to share their project with other people via integrated social media network like Facebook, twitter, etc. and also through email. People can then donate using a credit card or debit card.
Plumfund vs GoFundMe: Features
Both of these platforms have somewhat exclusive and unique to offer, either it is their tech support, scalability, or usefulness and what is the finest option for you will actually depend on your needs and preferences.
- Accepts offline cash and check gifts.
- Equips users with the tools to set up free online registries for any event.
- You can also add your Wishlist to your campaign page which will give donor the option on how they contribute.
- Keep your registry or campaign open as keep as you’d like.
- Social media integration makes it as easy as possible to share message of support.
- You can share photos ad videos of your campaign.
- Credible and easy to use platform.
- It is ideal for anyone with a personal cause or charitable cause.
- It has raised money for cancer treatment, rehabilitation of public parks, nature reserves, travel, and much more.
- Simple create a website and anyone ho is interested can visit and donate.
- Special section dedicated to the people who are trying to collect money to cover their tuition fee.
- Targets social media networks to create awareness for campaigns.
- A notable give-back program where employees pick a campaign that motivates them.
- There are several options to share your project on other social platforms.
- Allows you to add videos and photos for your fundraising campaign.
Plumfund is entirely free and the only charges you have to play is 2.8% along with $0.30 payment processor charge and you don’t need to hit any goals to keep your funds,
On the other hand, GoFundMe charges a 5% fee and their payment processor charges another 2-3% from each GoFundMe transaction. If the user doesn’t receive any donations, then they will not be charged.
What wins? What did you choose? Plumfund or GoFundMe? Well, it might be pretty hard to choose. Let me make it easier for you. When choosing a fundraiser site, consider your nonprofit organization’s specific requirements and goals.
This will help you create a list of potential fundraising that will suit you. So, explore your options and learn which will best help you or your organization. I hope the above article on Plumfund vs GoFundMe has helped you pick up the best platform.