We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
King Pellet Stove Error 2: King Pellet Stoves come equipped with self-diagnostic error codes to help you identify and resolve issues.
Among these, Error 2 is a common problem that indicates potential trouble with the stove’s auger system. In this guide, we’ll provide the reasons for King Pellet Stove Error 2 and walk you through the steps to troubleshoot and fix it.
What is King Pellet Stove Error 2?
King Pellet Stove Error 2 occurs when there’s a problem with the part of the stove that moves the pellets, called the auger. Here’s what could be causing it:
Sometimes, the pellets can get stuck in the auger or something is blocking the auger from turning.
The motor that makes the auger move might not be working like it should. If the motor can’t turn the auger, the stove will show Error 2.
The auger control board may be defective. The control board controls the auger motor, so if it is defective, it will not be able to send the signal to the motor to turn and will cause Error 2.
So, in simple terms, Error 2 happens when the pellets aren’t moving as they should due to a jam, a broken motor, or a problem with the control board of the stove.
How to Fix: King Pellet Stove Error 2
- Sometimes, the error can be triggered by a temporary glitch. Start by resetting the thermostat.
- Turn off the stove and unplug it from the power source.
- Wait for a few minutes before plugging it back in and restarting the stove.
- If the error persists after resetting the thermostat, attempt a full restart of the pellet stove.
- Turn off the stove, unplug it, and wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the stove back in and power it on.
Check Auger for Blockages
- Power off the stove and let it cool down before proceeding.
- Open the hopper and inspect the auger for any visible blockages or pellets stuck in the mechanism.
- Carefully remove any obstructions using a non-metal tool to avoid damaging the auger.
Contact King Stove
If the error persists despite your troubleshooting efforts, it’s recommended to reach out to King Stove’s technical support for professional assistance.
Here are some additional tips to help you avoid Error 2:
Regularly clean the auger to prevent pellet buildup that could lead to jams.
Ensure the auger is properly aligned to prevent potential blockages.
Periodically inspect both the auger and the auger motor for signs of wear, damage, or abnormal noise.
If you identify any significant issues with the auger or motor, consider replacing them promptly to prevent further problems.