Are you looking for an effective solution to know how to update RStudio? Bingo! You’ve come to the right place. In this article, I’ve given an easy and effective way to update RStudio. RStudio is an open-source Integrated Development Environment (IDR) for R language programming.
It is a tool which helps you make easy readable analyses, and keeps your images, code, comments, and plots together in one place. Using RStudio for data programming and data analysis in R gives you many advantages such as an intuitive interface which lets you to keep track of saved scripts, figures, objects, and a text editor feature like color-coded will help you write clear scripts.
How to Update RStudio [Guide]
Follow the steps mentioned below on how to update RStudio on windows and Mac
- Open RStudio.
- Navigate to Help Menu.
- Check for updates.
- If any new update is available, click on Install.
This is the most conservative way to check for any available updates and install the new update.
If you also want to know how to update R on your RStudio follow the steps listed below;
Usually users would actually install the new version from the original website but by using the installer package this can be done much faster. Visit the page https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=installr to get the installr package.
- Go to RStudio.
- Navigate to packages and install the installer package or you can also go to console and use the command install.package to install the package or Type library (installr) for much simpler way to install package.
- After you’ve installed package, you have to active it.
- The proper command for the installation is ‘update ()’
- This will start the update process of your R installation by finding the latest version of R, downloading it, deleting the installation file, running the installer, copy and updating the old packages to the latest R installation.
You can easily download and install the latest version of R on your Mac device. If you restart your RStudio after updating, it’ll automatically start using the updated version of R.
- Go to https://cloud.r-project.org/bin/macosx/
- Click the link ‘R-3.5.2.pkg’
- Now, the file will start downloading.
- After the file finishes downloading, double-click on it to install.
- Press “Next” on all the pop-ups you’ll get to complete the installation process.
- If you want to update the packages: navigate to tools -> update packages -> choose all -> click on Install Updates.
How do I update R Studio on Mac?
You can look out for the new versions of Rstudio by checking RStudio itself. Navigate to Help -> check for updates, this is the easiest way to check for updates.
How do I update R from the command line?
You can update R from the command line by running: require(installr) ‘update ()’ this will open some dialog boxes to take you through the steps. You can simply install a new software by running: require(installr) installr().
How do I update Windows R to latest version?
You can look out for the new versions of RStudio by checking RStudio itself. Navigate to Help -> check for updates to download the latest version of Rstudio. If you want to update the packages: navigate to tools -> update packages -> choose all -> click on Install Updates.
How do I check my R version?
If you want to check your R version through RStudio: go to tools -> Global options – you’ll be able to see the current version you are using.
How do I update RStudio without losing packages?
Before you update, create a new temporary file to store all your old packages -> install the latest version of R -> open the saved packages and re-install them from CRAN. You also need to reload packages from Bioconductor if you have any.