Are you looking for a effective solution on How to Update HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV? You’ve come to the right place. In this article, I have mentioned a detailed step by step instructions on it. Sometimes many people don’t like it when apps update automatically, hence they wish to update the apps manually whenever they require. However, if you don’t want to manually update the apps you can enable the auto update feature in the settings.
HBO Max is a Warner Media’s new streaming service that was launched on May, 2020. Unlike some streaming apps that typically runs either on Fire TV, Android TV, Apple’s tvOS, Roku OS, Samsung’s Smart TV run on the company’s own operating system. Therefore, if you smart TV is compatible, HBO Max has to be directly downloaded from Samsung. This latest streaming service has some popular shows like The Big Band Theory and Friends, along with various original films and series.
How to Update HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV
Many Samsung Smart TV users doesn’t know how to update HBO Max on their smart TV. Nonetheless, it is pretty simple and straightforward. You can easily update the HBO Max on your Samsung Smart TV from your TV’s interface itself without needing access to any other device. Follow the steps mentioned below on how to update HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV.
- To update the HBO Max app, press the Home button or Menu button on your TV’s remote control.
- Head over to the Smart Hub on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Navigate to the apps tab at the bottom right corner, and press the Enter button on your remote.
- In the apps screen, select the Settings icon by moving the cursor to the cogwheel icon which is at the top right corner.
- Go to Updates tab in the settings screen.
- Now, look out for HBO Max app or type HBO Max in the search bar and press enter.
- Select ‘Update’.
The HBO Max app on your Samsung Smart TV will be updates to its latest version only if there is an update available for the app.
If you don’t want to update it manually, you can simply enable the ‘Auto Update’ option. To make sure that the app remains updated every time you access it, follow the steps mentioned below to enable the ‘Auto Update’ option.
- Open Samsung Smart Hub.
- Go to apps.
- Go to settings.
- Click on the Auto Update option to enable it.
How do you update apps on Samsung Smart TV?
You can update the apps on your Samsung Smart TV from your TV’s interface itself without needing access to any other device.
Smart Hub -> go to the app that requires updating -> update app.
How do I get HBO Max on my Samsung smart TV?
- Smart Hub -> go to apps -> search for HBO Max -> select and download HBO Max.
After downloading, open it and sign in and start your free trail.
Why can’t I download HBO Max on my TV?
HBO Max is now available to download on Samsung Smart TVs but not all Samsung TV models support HBO Max app.
How do I add apps to my old Samsung TV?
In App section, you’ll be able to see various categories that will appear on screen. Choose one of the category in which you’re interested to check which apps are available. When you find an app that you’re interested in, select it and install and then add It to the home screen.
How do I download apps on my Samsung Smart TV?
- Smart Hub -> go to apps -> search for app you want to install -> select it -> click on download.
Once you’ve downloaded the app, you can add it to the home screen.
Why isn’t HBO Max working on my Samsung TV?
- Settings -> apps -> select HBO Max -> click on clear cache -> click on clear data.