We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Honeywell vs Filtrete: When it comes to air filters for your home, some people take the job seriously while others just want their filters to have basics. But, in any case, a good and right air filter for your home is important, and there are many brands on the market that might confuse you for the same.
However, the two leading brands – Honeywell and Filtrete, are at the top. With a fair bunch of advantages and quality air filters, they often confuse many customers, unless you have a specific model or feature you have in mind from either of the brands.
Nevertheless, if you are here, then it means you are also somewhere confused between the two brands, and to help you with that, we have brought you a Honeywell vs Filtrete comparison, mentioned right below, in this article.
Honeywell vs Filtrete: Overview
Honeywell Connection, popularly known as only Honeywell, is a respected manufacturer offering a variety of categories. The list includes audio, ultimate entertainment, structured cabling systems, safeguards, and more, mainly focusing on the quality air purifiers.
Moreover, Honeywell works to not only promote Trending and leading Technologies but also to help you empower for a better future – where living is only getting simpler.
Filtrete is another popular brand for home filtration products. As the brand name suggests, it is specialized in air filters and purifiers offering a good range of products like air filters, room air purifiers, water filters, and more.
At Filtrete, you don’t have to worry if you want a traditional or smart filter, because it has a good variety for both. In addition to that, the filters are made to live long and offer maximum filtration, followed by more benefits.
Honeywell air filters are built with comparatively higher efficiency, and therefore they offer more effective cleaning of air.
These air filters do a good job of filtering a good list of particles, such as pollen, small disintegrated feces, insecticide dust, pet dander, mold spores, microscopic allergens, and bacteria.
The air filters are built to live and last longer than the average filter, with durability between 4 to 6 months of use for an average MERV 11-rated air filter.
Filtrete air filters use carbon to block all types of odors generated from food, smoke, and pets.
Works with Heating and Cooling Systems
These filters are designed to do a good job when equipped with forced-air heating and cooling systems.
Pros & Cons
- Unlike other air filter traps that flow through the furnace, these filters can be installed in the center of the room – filtering the actual air in the room and house.
- If you don’t want to set the air filter in the furnace, then you can install it in some other system, or anywhere in your home.
- Some of the filters don’t come with an auto mode, so the high power consumption can be experienced.
- Some of the models are indeed designed to live long, but, since they have a hard job, they will easily get dirty, and clogged.
- All the filters come with a sensor to help monitor the airflow and usage.
- It is built to display outdoor air quality data for many locations to help you monitor air quality anytime and anywhere.
- Compared to other air filters in the market, filters from this brand are not up to the mark in the performance category.
- Since the filters are for houses with forced-air heating and cooling systems, they might not be a good choice for all homes.
Which Is Right For You?
As you might have already read, there are many highlights, advantages, and disadvantages for both brands that you must consider before buying.
In conclusion, as already mentioned, although both the brands have a good rating for home air filters, if you’re going to buy a filter for your home, we suggest you first try out Honeywell since air filters from Filtrete may not be suitable for every home.
With this, we have successfully presented the comparison between Honeywell vs Filtrete, and hope the article was helpful to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is better Honeywell or Filtrete filters?
Since Filtrete filters may not be suitable for every home, Honeywell filters are better than Filtrete filters.
Is Filtrete better than Honeywell?
Filtrete is better than Honeywell only if your home is equipped with forced-air heating and cooling systems. Otherwise, Honeywell might be a better choice.