Dark Sky vs AccuWeather: Are you looking for best weather apps? Wondering whether Dark Sky or AccuWeather provides best options? Don’t worry! In this article, I’ll help you choose between Dark Sky and AccuWeather.
The business of predicting the accurate weather can be far more difficult in some parts of the country than the other. Also, places near the coasts or other water bodies are usually easier to forecast than inland areas. However, services like Dark Sky and AccuWeather can help you with that. Check out the guide below on more information.
Dark Sky vs AccuWeather: What are they?
You can usually control if the rain is pouring or sun is shining or the wind is howling, but with Dark Sky and AccuWeather, you can be able to know what the weather will be. These two apps will probably five different results based on how a user’s location is interpreted.
Dark Sky has offered the most accurate and reliable source of local weather information and is available only for iOS devices. Unlike any other weather apps, Dark Sky advertises itself as “The World’s first flawlessly smooth radar animation” which “allows you see the precise track of the storm such as where it’ll go in the future and how it moved in the past.”
This app lets you view conditions and brief descriptions for up to eight different locations including all fourteen-day forecast details in more than 40 different languages. This description includes low and high temperatures, current weather conditions and current, feels like low and high temperature.
You can also be able to click on any day’s forecast to check the 24-hour precipitation, temperature, a UV index, humidity, wind and an hour-by-hour sky condition chart. If you click on the current conditions, it’ll display an animated panel with extra information such as Moon Phase, current wind conditions, sunrise and sunset times, dewpoint and humidity readings, UV index, visibility reading and pressure indicator including trends.
- It is pretty simple to use.
- Just a few taps and you can learn much more.
- Time machine feature lets you to explore weather on any date in the future or past.
- Available in total 40 different languages.
- It is not free.
- Available only for iOS devices.
AccuWeather is an American company that offers local and international weather forecast with the most precise weather forecasting technology. Its forecasts and alert warning services are depended on weather information that is derived from various sources, including the data gathered by National Weather Service, weather observations, meteorological organizations, and non-meteorological organizations such as the Environmental Protection Agency and the armed forces along with its own models and algorithms
It operates a 24-hour commercially sponsored weather channel names “The Local AccuWeather Channel” which is quite similar to the now ‘NBC Weather Plus.’ It is currently airing national wide including cities like Los Angeles, Houston, Philadelphia, New York City, San Francisco and Chicago.
AccuWeather TV network invites guests such as Geraldo Rivera, Larry King and Greta Van Susteren during severe weather circumstances. It also produces local weather videos every day to use on their own website, on weird internet, mobile applications and on the Local AccuWeather Network. Wherever you go or wherever you’re going, you’ll get reliable and accurate weather information.
- User friendly
- Available for both iOS and Android devices
- Provides accurate and reliable information
- There are several advertisements
Dark Sky vs AccuWeather: Key Features
- It is compatible with iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch and iPod touch.
- You’ll also find relative humidity and cloud conditions.
- Time machine feature permits you to select a date in the past or future and then see or predict the weather data.
- Irrespective of your exact location, you can receive down-to-the minute server weather warnings.
- Set up a customized weather summary which contains any combination of data points like wind, UV index, storm locations and more.
- iCloud can sync your settings across all other iOS devices.
- It provides precise and accurate weather alerts and additional weather products and warnings.
- Offers weather forecast information from both meteorological and non-meteorological organizations.
- Tells you difference between how the weather looks and how it actually looks.
- Control the type of information you get.
- Provides everyday snapshot of vital stats including UV index, allergy, air quality reports, dew point, visibility and precipitation.
- The mobile application has a minute-to-minute forecast including crowdsourced weather observations.
Dark Sky vs AccuWeather: Comparison
|Require log in||No||No|
|Integrates with social networks||No||Yes|
|Compatible with iOS||Yes||Yes|
|Compatible with Android||No||Yes|
The Bottom Line
Most important thing that you’ve to keep in mind before deciding whether Dark Sky or AccuWeather, know which platform offers best and accurate results. If you ask me, I would say Dark Sky is only available for iOS devices and AccuWeather is available on both Google Plat Store and Apple App Store.
So, if you are an Android user, AccuWeather can be useful. I hope the above article on Dark Sky vs AccuWeather comparison has helped you to choose between Dark Sky and AccuWeather.