We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
PokerStars Error Code 2 67: PokerStars is the largest real money online poker site worldwide that controls over 2/3rd of the total online poker market. You can access its app on iOS and Android or its website on macOS or Windows.
However, while trying to play PokerStars or updating it, users have complained that they have encountered the error code -2/-67.
If you have encountered the same and looking answers to it, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to get rid of the PokerStars error code -2/-67.
What is PokerStars Error Code -2/-67?
Error code -2/-67 on PokerStars indicates that your firewall is blocking access to the poker room. It may occur with two different variations:
- Failed to connect to the PokerStars server: Error code -2/-67.
- Cannot connect on Windows: Error -2/-67.
How to Fix: PokerStars Error Code -2/-67
As mentioned already, the error code -2/-67 that you’ve encountered while using PokerStars indicates that a firewall is blocking PokerStar’s access to the internet. So, follow the solutions below to fix the error -2/-67.
Restart Your Internet & Computer
The first thing you should do when you encounter the error code -2/-67 on PokerStars is to restart your computer as well as the device that you are using to connect to the internet.
So, power off your computer and then power off your router or modem or any other network that you are connected to, and then wait for approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
Then, power on your computer as well as the internet and see if your internet is working fine. If not, you can also try performing a speed test to ensure it’s working well and then run the PokerStars again.
Configure Your Firewall
Since this error mainly indicated a firewall blocking error, configure your firewall and see if this helps. By doing the correct configuration of the firewall, it’ll help the PokerStars software connect to the server.
Though the below process is similar for most of the Firewall, the location will be different in each Firewall.
- Open the Firewall Control Panel by double-clicking the firewall icon near the Windows system clock or find it under the Start menu.
- Now, press the Programs tab or find the program list.
- Under the program list, you’ll find the following items:
- PokerstarsBr.exe (.NET only)
- Now, check permissions for these programs and change them from Block All to Permit All or to the least restrictive permissions.
Note: Since these instructions can differ based on your security software version and brand, you can contact your firewall software provider for further help.
Sometimes, your antivirus software can prevent PokerStars from working properly. Therefore, disable it temporarily and see if this helps.
Follow the steps below to temporarily disable Antivirus protection on your Windows:
- Select Start and type Windows Security to locate the app.
- From the search results, tap on the Windows Security app, click on Virus & Threat Protection, and select Manage Settings under Virus & threat protection settings.
- Now, switch your real-time protection to OFF.
Note: Scheduled scans will continue to run. But the files that are downloaded or installed will not be scanned till the next scheduled scan, so your device may be vulnerable to threats.
If you are using a VPN, ensure that you are using a server in a region where PokerStars works. Otherwise, you might get the error code -2/-67.
On the other hand, if you are already in a region where PokerStars work and your VPN is on, there is a possibility that your VPN might be interfering with the PokerStars server, so disable it and see if this helps. Below is how you can disable your VPN:
- Open the Settings app on your device and click on Network & Internet button.
- Choose the VPN category from the left-hand menu.
- Now, select the VPN that you wish to disable.
If the above solutions didn’t help, all you can do is get in touch with PokerStars’s customer service team from here and give information about the connection type (cable, Satellite, DSL, etc.), Internet Service Provider name, and the log files data of PokerStars software.
Since this can be a temporary issue, wait for some time and try again and see if this helps. So, we hope this article has helped you fix the PokerStars error code -2/-67.
What does error code -2/-67 mean on PokerStars?
Error code -2/-67 on PokerStars indicates that your firewall is blocking access to the poker room.
Is PokerStars real money?
PokerStars can be played for real money, but you’ll need to be present in a location where PokerStars is legal.
Is PokerStars on the Play Store?
Yes, you can download the PokerStars app on your Android device from Google Play Store.