We may earn small commission from the products mentioned in this post.
Humana Competitors: Humana is a well-known health insurance company in the US, ranked 41st in the list of Fortune 500. It is the fourth biggest health insurance company in America – letting customers explore a good range of Medicare plans and health insurance coverage to fit different lifestyles.
Overall, Humana has received good reviews for the majority of its health insurance coverage cases, but it might not be the best for you, whether we are talking about cost or coverage.
However, you don’t need to worry anymore because we have done the research and brought you a list of the top 9 Humana competitors to help you get an idea of what is best for you in the health insurance market, mentioned right below, in this article.
List of Humana Competitors:
UnitedHealthcare works to help people live healthier lives and supports the concept of creating a healthy system to suit everyone. It’s best known for Medicare and Medicaid health insurance plans for individuals as well as families.
Moreover, it has two plans to offer – the short-term health insurance plan and ACA marketplace plans, where short-term plans will benefit you to fill a gap in coverage and ACA plans will be helpful to lower the cost of ACA if you are qualified for government subsidies.
- It allows you to add coverage to your health insurance plans that suit you the best, with options such as vision, dental, and supplemental plans.
- It has special plans for small businesses that will help employers save and stay healthy.
- The short term insurance plans are known to suit almost any type of budget.
Cigna Healthcare is another trusted healthcare and insurance company from the US. It’s a multinational title that offers a good variety of health insurance plans like medical and dental, to individuals, families, and employers.
At Cigna, you can shop for different types of coverage, like medical, supplemental health, plans through employer, Medicare, and dental.
- It offers customizable coverage options with enough no-cost benefits.
- Dental care is covered with the majority of the plans, with basic to comprehensive coverage as needed.
- All plans cost $0 for preventive care and $0 for virtual care.
3. Blue Cross Blue Shield
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association is a federation – or rather be called a super-organization. It includes over 30 independent and locally operated companies providing health insurance in many regions across the US, to over 115 million people.
Blue Cross Blue Shield is one of the best Humana alternatives on this list, a company that is trusted by close to one in three Americans to receive quality, reasonable, and safe health care services.
- Plans from this association are made to be customized according to almost every lifestyle, irrespective of your health status and income.
- All the members of the association get medical assistance services, hospitals, and doctors in more than half of the countries globally.
Aetna is one of the best Humana alternatives in this article, a healthcare company selling traditional and consumer-directed health care insurance along with some related services – including dental behavioral health, pharmaceutical, medical, and more.
As for its health coverage, it includes over 5 plans, including: students plan, high deductible health plans, health plans through an employer, options without employer coverage, international plans, and ACA individual and family health plans.
- It has four types of coverage, including individuals, employers, providers, and agents or brokers.
- It provides additional resources and benefits for mental and women’s health.
Medicare is one of the trustworthy titles on this list, a federal health insurance program for people age 65 or older, younger people with disabilities, and those with end-stage renal illness.
Moreover, it is a government national health insurance program spread widely across the US. It has itself divided into three specific parts/services/coverage, including Hospital insurance, medical insurance, and prescription drug coverage.
- It gives you 2 options for your coverage, you can either go for original Medicare with high cost for covering your Hospital and medical bills, or opt for Medicare Advantage bundle plan with the aforementioned two and prescription drug coverage.
- The prescription drug coverage plan will offer some additional benefits, including hearing, vision, and dental services.
Centene is called the biggest Medicaid managed care organization in the US, and a well-known leader in New York, Texas, Florida, and California.
Additionally, it focuses on corporate sustainability and strategic partnerships, improving outcomes in research and development fields to offer just the best to the members of their community.
- For state and national solutions, it has coverage options for Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance marketplace, and federal services.
- The whole health solutions will include a bundle of benefits, including specialty pharmacy, vision, dental international solutions, and nurse advice line along with after-hours support.
7. Elevance Health
Elevance Health is again, one of the best health insurance providers in the US, focusing on ideas like advanced and elevated, that only illustrate their main purpose of enhancing the health of humanity.
In addition to that, it has proven multiple times to become a dedicated and passionate program that actually moves ahead with the goal of improving the health of all the members of its community.
- It has a goal to offer services for proper individual needs, including behavioral, physical, social, and more.
- It works to serve customers throughout their health journey while offering a range of services with a whole-health approach.
Wellcare has recently become a part of Centene, managing an exclusive healthcare company with the goal of improving government-sponsored healthcare programs and services.
The main highlight for this company should be that it has customized and curated services and programs according to every state across the US, like California, Alabama, etc.
- For the people who already own Medicaid coverage, this program will help you keep your Medicare Advantage Dual special needs plan, along with Medicaid benefits, safe.
- When exploring online, all you need is a 5-digit ZIP Code to be added and you can check the customized and well-curated Medicare plans along with rates.
MultiPlan is here with its technology-enabled negotiation, provider network, claim pricing, and payment accuracy services. It focuses on providing efficiency, fairness, and affordability to the whole of the US healthcare system.
However, it doesn’t offer health insurance to its members but instead offers specific services that can offer you the type of relief you get through insurance plans.
- All you need to do is present service inquiries whenever you want and instantly get access to their online claim entry tool.
- It offers sample communications for participants, without charging a single penny for the same.
Apart from the names mentioned in the above article, you might have one or two names in your mind and might have come across many more on the internet.
However, if you want to choose the best insurance plans recommended and curated by professionals, and prevent yourself from choosing the wrong ones, then you must at least review the ones spoken of in our list of top Humana competitors mentioned above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Humana’s biggest competitor?
Aetna might be Humana’s biggest competitor, followed by Cigna, Elevance Health, and UnitedHealthcare.
Which are good companies similar to Humana?
Cigna, UnitedHealthcare, WellCare, MultiPlan, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Centene, Medicare, Aetna, and Elevance Health are some of the good companies similar to Humana for fair types of health insurance and coverage.