If you’re looking for an easy way on how to download and install Friday Night Funkin on Chromebook, you’ve come to the right place. In this article I’ll show you a simple step-by-step procedure on how to install Friday Night Funkin on your Chromebook. Friday Night Funkin is an open source free-to-play rhythm game which is reminiscent the classic Dance Dance Revolution.
You have to play the Boyfriend part, who is supposed to impress the ‘Girlfriend’ by singing and participating in rapping battle. To play this game, you can use WASD or arrow keys or change to DFJK in options and use + or – to increase or decrease the volume. Check out the guide below for detailed instructions on how to get Friday Night Funkin on your Chromebook.
How to Download & Install Friday Night Funkin on Chromebook [Guide]
During this download and installation process make sure that you upgrade your Linux apps to a newer version and have at least 6GB of space that the Friday Night Funkin game requires.
Follow the steps mentioned below on how to download & install Friday Night Funkin on Chromebook.
- Step 1: Enable the Linux apps on your Chromebook.
- Go to settings -> click on Linux Icon on the left panel -> turn on the Linux apps.
- Step 2: Download the Linux installation package from https://ninja-muffin24.itch.io/funkin
- step 3: Now, open it in your file manager. Then, move the installer to the Linux folder.
- Step 4: You have to run the following commands in a terminal which will install Friday Night Funkin.
You can paste these commands into your terminal either with a two finger click on your terminal or click Control + Shift + V at the same time.
- The first command will rename your current Linux repositories file as you’ll create a new one and it should run automatically as soon you paste it into the terminal section.
sudo mv /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/oldsources.list
- To create a new Linux repositories file: sudo touch /etc/apt/sources.list
- Add one repository to the newly created file: sudo echo deb https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye main | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list
- Update the repositories of your Linux apps: sudo apt update
- To install all the updates: sudo apt dist-upgrade
After installing all the updates, press Enter to confirm the installation.
- To extract the Friday Night Funkin: unzip funkin-linux-64bit.zip
- Make the game executable as a program: chmod 755 Funkin
- Now, Launch Friday Night Funkin from the terminal to make sure it works: ./Funkin
- Install a menu editor that will use to add Friday Night Funkin into your menu: sudo apt install menulibre
Then, press Enter to confirm the installation.
- With this last command, launch the menu editor: menulibre
Choose the category -> create a launcher -> create a name for the launcher -> command is the package called Funkin -> save the launcher.
Step 5: Friday Night Funkin installation process is complete, now, you can launch it and press Enter to begin the game.
The Bottom Line
I hope the above article on how to download & install Friday Night Funkin on Chromebook has helped you download and play this game effortlessly.
Where do I Download Friday Night Funkin?
You can download Friday Night Funkin from https://ninja-muffin24.itch.io/funkin
How do I download Friday Night Funkin on Chromebook?
Enable Linux apps on your device -> download Linux Friday Night Funkin package -> open it in file manage -> run several commands -> press enter to confirm the installation -> now, you can launch the game and play it.
What is Friday Night Funkin available on?
It is available on Windows, macOS, Linux, Browser, Microsoft
How much does Friday Night Funkin cost?
It is a free-to-play game and hence it is available for completely free of cost.
Can you play Friday Night Funkin without downloading it?
Yes, you can play in your web browser without actually downloading it.