Zoom Rooms vs Breakout Rooms: Want to know what is best? Or wondering which will offer you best options? In this article, I’ve mentioned Zoom Rooms and Breakout Rooms features which will help you choose between Zoom Rooms and Breakout Rooms.
In the time of COVID-19 pandemic, many companies, organizations, schools, colleges and universities are realizing that it is better to stay home and work from home or attend classes online. With video and audio-conferencing platforms like Zoom, remote conferencing and virtual meetings has become easier.
Zoom Rooms vs Breakout Rooms: What are they?
Most significant thing that you’ve to keep in mind before selecting any conferencing platform is the number of options that each service offers. To get better acquainted with Zoom Room and Zoom’s Breakout Rooms, here’s everything you need to know to successfully choose between Zoom Rooms vs Breakout Rooms.
With Zoom Room, several tablets, web cameras, mics, phone systems, computers, speakers, smartboards and displays, your organization can be easily synchronized to work and create a visual link among people. It is nothing but an effective set of hardware that has Zoom App installed it. You can be able to install Zoom Room program using your Mac or Windows PC that will allow you to arrange meetings.
On Android, iPhone, iPad, or Android tablet, you have to download the Zoom Room application. You can then link microphone and camera to broadcast your audio and video. Use Zoom Room app to share websites, files and other content across the internet in a meeting. This means, you can be able to communicate effortlessly without disturbing or stopping the meeting.
Whereas, with Zoom’s Breakout Rooms, you can be able to dynamic meeting structure of breaking into small groups and have focused discussions and create an in-person’s meeting experience. It is one of the most popular features in Zoom Meetings and Zoom team is continually adding functionality to give the best experience for its users.
Recently, they have added the option for meeting members to decide or self-select which video Breakout Room they wish to be a part of. Previously, the meeting host was supposed to assign a participant to a Breakout Room. Nevertheless, as they added self-select option which should be enabled by the host, participants are able to move freely among Breakout Rooms without requiring the host’s assistance.
Zoom Rooms vs Breakout Rooms: Features
- You can enable one-click meeting start with Zoom Room and seamlessly share screen.
- It provides you flawless video across mobile, desktop and room system.
- Advanced security settings make sure that meetings are disruption-free.
- Easily share multiple desktops at the same time in the room and offer a simple and wireless sharing options for guests.
- Interactive whiteboard allows you to view and co-annotate on a black whiteboard.
- Customized A/V systems for your training rooms.
- Share videos, images, URLs across any display around your office.
- You can automatically or manually create a room, move participants, delete and recreate a room.
- Set timer in a breakout room that moves all participants to the main session.
- Manage Breakout Rooms such as enabling options like self-select, co-hosting, visiting rooms, broadcasting a message and much more.
- Meeting is recording to cloud and it’ll only record the main room regardless of the meeting host.
- As a participant, you can self-select your breakout room, share screen, in-meeting chat and even ask host for help.
The Bottom line
What wins? What did you choose? Zoom Rooms or Breakout Rooms? If you ask me, I would say it truly depends on what essentially you are looking for and what suits your needs and preferences. So, I hope the above article on Zoom Rooms vs Breakout Rooms has helped you choose the best platform.