If you are looking for a guide on how to Update Samsung Smart TV this article will help you through it.
Even if your TV is not the latest model, you can use the most up to date features, through the software updates. Therefore, it is very essential to update your TV from time to time for the latest version.
How to Update Samsung Smart TV
Software updates designed for smart TVs are used to improve the already existing features, fixing bugs, and sometimes can put in additional applications. Following steps will guide you through on How to Update Samsung Smart TV.
- Tap at Home button or Menu on the remote
- Scroll down and click on Settings.
- Click on Support.
- Press Enter.
- Click on Software Update.
- Click on Update.
If it does not show any update or grayed out; follow these steps
- Hit the Source button on the remote.
- In the top left corner click on TV.
- And then get back to Menu and go to Support.
- Click on Software Update.
- You can see the available update now.
It would be better if you select auto update so that you don’t have to worry about updates all time. When Samsung releases an update it will mechanically upload it on your TV. And, also make sure that your TV is connected to internet connection when you update.
How to Update Samsung Smart TV using USB drive
If your device is not connected to any internet connection, you can update your TV through USB drive. So, for this, you will require a USB drive and a computer with internet connection.
- Go to Support section on Samsung website
- Search for Manuals and software download links.
- Search for your TV model number and click on select.
- Download the Upgrade file (USB type).
- Save it to your desktop.
- Take out of the downloaded file and save to a USB flash drive.
- Turn on the TV and plug the USB drive to your TV.
- Click on setting and follow the appropriate menu path.
- Click on Allow and select Yes to continue.
Note: while taking out the file from your PC make sure that you don’t change the file name and don’t turn off your TV while updating.
How do I check software version on Samsung TV?
Press menu button> support> software update> press info button on the remote. Now you’ll be able to see the firmware version on the TV screen.
Why is software update not available on my Samsung smart TV?
May be certain settings or options aren’t available based on the current settings or connections. If your TV is not connected to internet, the settings for updates or contact support will be grayed out since these options require internet connection.
How to update my Samsung smart TV?
You can update via web for which you should need internet connection connected to your TV. You can update via USB drive for which you’ll need a PC connected to internet.
Why is m Samsung smart TV not working?
The easiest way is to restart your TV by holding down the Power button on Samsung TV remote until your TV turns off and on again or you can simply unplug your TV from the wall outlet and leave it for 30 seconds, and then plug back in.
How do I fix my Samsung smart TV screen?
Press the Menu button on your remote. Select picture and select screen adjustment. From there you will b able to adjust the screen ratio and screen position.