Windows users are facing 0x80240023 error while updating Windows system. They are constantly failing to update their Windows OS due to this error. Therefore, we come up with some simple solutions to fix the error 0x80240023.
How to Fix: Windows Update Error 0x80240023
Causes of Windows Update Error 0x80240023
There are several reasons behind this error. Below are the some possible reasons behind it.
- Windows Update Error 0x80240023 mostly occurs due to the WU_E_EULAS_DECLINED, it means one or more updates had a decline in license terms.
- It can also occur if your previous Windows error is not properly updated.
- It may also occur due to system files on your Windows system.
This issue is experienced in all Windows versions like Windows 10, 8, 7, XP, Vista. So, here we are sharing some common and easy method for resolving the error 0x80240023 in your Windows.
If you are facing issues related to Office 2007 Validation then Follow the below steps:
- Go to the C-> Windows-> SoftwareDistribution-> Download
- Find & Extract OFC.CAB
- You can see OFC.msi
- Now, Install it and Retry to Update the Windows.
Now, check for the issue if it still happening or not. If issue is still exist then follow our next methods to fix it.
Windows Update Error 0x80240023 in Windows 10
There is another way to resolve the error 0x80240023 in your PC. Remember, this method is only applicable in Windows 10.
- Click on Windows Button and Find Settings.
- On Settings, Go to the Update & Security
- Click on the Troubleshoot and after that click on Windows Update.
- It will run the troubleshooting process in your Windows OS.
- After it, try to update the Windows again.
Now, check for the issue, see if it is fixed or not.
However, if your issue is still not fixed, you can try the next method. Remember, this method is recommended only if you have some technical knowledge.
- Click on Start and Type “service.msc” in the Search bar.
- You can see “service.msc” in the results, open it.
- Now, you will find all Windows Services in new Window.
- Find “Windows Update”
- Now, Right Click on the “Windows Update” and Click on Stop.
After completing this process, we have to clear the temporary cache Folders of Windows Update. Follow the below steps for performing it:
- Press and Hold “Windows Key” and Press “R” simultaneously.
- You can see Small new window.
- Enter %windir%\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore and Click on the OK button.
- It will open the Windows Explorer.
- Now, select all the folders and Delete it.
- After it, we need to start the Windows Service again.
Now, try to update the Windows once again and check for the problem it occurs or not.
You can also try the below method for resolving you issue.
- Check your internet connection, it is working properly or not. Sometimes, slow internet causes many issues while updating the Windows.
- Now, uninstall all the unfinished install apps and also uninstall recently downloaded apps.
- Install any Antivirus software and kill all the viruses and malware which is creating an issue in your system.
- Enter and Run the SFC/SCANNOW.
- Restore your PC to the most recent version.
- Now, Reinstall the Windows properly to fix the issue.
Now, check for the issue it is fixed or not. Hopefully, this method will fix the issue.
You can also try the below simple methods to fix Windows Update Error 0x80240023 in your PC.
- Turn off the all previously installed Antivirus programs.
- Remove other Expansion Drivers.
- Delete the data of Updates folder.
- Use Windows CD to update the Windows.
Windows Update Error 0x80240023 is happening while updating the Windows There are several methods available to fix it. Above, we explain all the easy ways to fix it.
Other Windows Issues: