Many Rocket League players are experiencing Rocket League Error Code 42 on their PC and Xbox One while trying to join the game. This error displays a message such as “Connection error. Your connection to the game has been lost. (Error: 42)”. Due to this error , Rocket League players are unable to join the game.
In this article, we will explain the causes of Error 42 and how to fix Error Code 42 in Rocket League.
What is Rocket League error code 42? Causes of it.
Rocket League error code 42 represents connection problems on your Xbox. Error code 42 is mainly occur due to two reasons. 1. If your system does not meet the minimum system requirements. 2. You have internet connectivity problems. So you need the minimum system requirements device and a good internet connection to avoid this error.
How to Fix: Rocket League Error Code 42
Here are some methods and a step by step guide to fix Error Code 42 in Rocket League.
Check your internet connection
First, you need to check your internet connection, Bad internet connection is the main reason behind Error 42 in Rocket League. Here are some instructions for Xbox One, make sure you don’t face the problem due to one of the reasons shown below:
• Check the Xbox Live Status, if there is a problem from the Xbox side, you can see it from here.
• Check whether your Xbox Live subscription is active or not.
• Check your Region, choose the closest recommended region.
• Restart your router.
• Disconnect all other devices to improve your internet speed.
Disable antivirus and firewall
Antivirus software or firewall can prevent Steam from accessing ports required for pairing. In this case, you need to disable the antivirus and firewall on your PC.
Here are the steps to disable Firewall on your Windows system.
• Click the Start button.
• Search settings.
• Go to Update & Security -> Windows Security.
• Look for Firewall and network protection.
• Select the network profile.
• In Microsoft Defender Firewall, set the setting to OFF.
• Also, uninstall all antivirus software from your PC.
Now, restart Rocket League again and check if the problem keeps happening or not.
Check your system time settings
Sometimes the wrong time setting causes the problem in the game. Therefore, we must set the right time in our system.
Here are the steps to change the time settings:
• Right click on the Date and Time displayed in the lower right corner.
• The menu will open, select the “Set time / data” setting.
• It will bring your time settings.
• Select the Synchronize now option.
Now, check the problem again whether it is happening or not. If problem is still exist, try the next method to fix the Error Code 42.
Switch to low resolution
If your problem is related to low PC requirements, you should try to correct the error by setting the resolution to the minimum. However, it will reduce the graphics of your game.
These are the steps to do it:
• Launch the Rocket League.
• On the Main Menu screen, scroll down to the options menu.
• Find Video option and specification list.
• Look for the resolution option.
• Select the lowest resolution.
• Save the configuration.
Now, restart the game and check the error if it still occurs or not. After applying all the above methods you still have the same problem, then you need to contact official support or wait until the next Rocket League update.
Rocket League error code 42 is related to connectivity. In this article, we share all the possible ways to fix error code 42 on your PC and Xbox.
If you have any other gaming related issue, feel free to comment in the comment section below.