Xbox users are experiencing error 0x803f8003 in their Xbox. There can be many problems behind this error. Therefore, we come up with a quick fix to resolve error code 0x803f8003 to your Xbox.
0x803f8003 error is happening while trying to open the game. Some solutions are given below to fix this error.
How to fix: Xbox 0x803f8003 error
Note: If you are experiencing this error on your Windows 10 PC, it means that the free trial of your game has ended and you will have to purchase the game to fix the error.
0x803f8003 in Xbox
However, if you are experiencing this error in your Xbox console, follow the methods below and a step-by-step guide.
Check and Verify Subscription
If your Xbox Live subscription has expired, this may be the reason behind the 0x803f8003 error.
In this case, you must first check the status of the membership. Follow the steps given below:
- Sign in to the service and membership page using a Microsoft account.
- Check the status of your account
If your account subscription has expired, you will need to purchase a new subscription plan to resolve the error.
You can try to fix the 0x803f8003 error by restarting your console. Follow the step below step by step to restart your console.
- You must press and hold the Xbox button.
- You can find this button in the center of your Xbox One controller.
- It will open the power center.
- Go and select the restart console.
- Select Restart.
- After your console is fully operational, try signing in and launching a new game.
Now, check the issue whether it is resolved or not. If you are still experiencing 0x803f8003 error, follow the next method.
There is another way to solve this, you need to restart the game. Here are the steps to perform it:
- Press Xbox Button -> Home
- Select the menu tile and press on the menu button.
- Select from the options.
- Wait for 15-30 seconds and try to resume the game.
These are the official methods provided by Microsoft, if your issue still exists, then you need to follow the additional methods given below.
Perform a Hard Reboot in your Console
Xbox has several issues that can be resolved by performance hard boot. So, you can try to fix 0x803f8003 error by hard booting. Here are the steps to hard boot your console.
- Turn on your Xbox.
- Press and hold the power button until Xbox turns off.
- Unplug the console and disconnect all cables.
- Wait for 1-2 minutes and plug the console and controller again.
- Press the power button to restart the Xbox.
Check the issue, is it still happening or not. If the problem still happening, follow the next method.
Reinstall the Game
Corrupted file errors can also be caused behind 0x803f8003. We have to reinstall the game to fix the error in your Xbox.
- Go to Home.
- Select My Games One Apps.
- Click View All to show all installed games and applications.
- Select the game you want to uninstall and uninstall it.
- Go to Manage Games and Add-ons and choose to uninstall all.
- Restart your console and reinstall the game.
After applying all the above methods, you are still receiving error code 0x803f8003 in your game then you need to contact Xbox officials.
Contact Xbox Authorities:
After applying all methods, you are still getting 0x803f8003 error,then the problem may side from the Microsoft. You can also visit the Microsoft Forum to find more solutions to resolve the 0x803f8003 error.
We hope your issue will get resolved, if you are getting other issues related to Xbox then feel free to share it in the comment section below.