Crunchyroll Free vs Premium- Crunchyroll is a well-known Japanese animation streaming service. It has more than 70 million active users around the world.
Crunchyroll also has its own premium service plan for watching ads-free anime with various other features. Though, you can also watch anime for free with some ads on Crunchyroll but the streaming quality will be lowered to 480p and the shows you can watch for free will also be limited.
Crunchyroll Free Vs Premium
Crunchyroll’s premium service has many advantages over free Crunchyroll. There isn’t a huge difference between Crunchyroll Free vs Premium, users can watch every anime but the only difference is that if you want to watch the Anime episodes at launch and ad-free, you should definitely go for Crunchyroll’s premium plan.
Here is the list of Crunchyroll’s premium service plans:
Crunchyroll Free vs Premium: Pros and Cons
Crunchyroll Free user have to wait for a week to watch the new anime episode where as the premium users might have watched it already.
There are several benefits and disadvantage of Crunchyroll with free Crunchyroll.
- You can watch anime for free without paying anything.
- No need to go for the unofficial or illegal ways to watch anime.
- You will get various annoying advertisements while watching anime online.
- You cannot download the anime to watch it offline.
- You must wait for the new and the latest episode of the anime.
- You cannot access Digital Manga with a free account.
The main perk of being a Crunchyroll premium user is that you can watch the new anime episode just an hour after the end of the airing in japan. premium users can also watch the anime in HD i.e. at 1080p. Even if you are a Cruncyroll Premium users, you cannot get to watch some or all shows as they are not available outside US and Canada.
Crunchyroll has 3 premium plans,
1. Fan ($ 7.99 / month + tax)
2. Mega Fan ($ 9.99 / month + taxes)
3. Mega Fan ($ 79.99 / year + taxes).
According to Crunchyroll, the Mega Fan monthly plan is the most popular plan. Here are some pros and cons of Crunchyroll’s premium plans.
- Crunchyroll offers a free 14-day trial for new users.
- You can watch the anime without any ads.
- You will get unlimited access to the Crunchyroll library.
- You can watch the new episodes within 1 hour after launch.
- You will get access to Manga Digital.
- You can watch the anime offline with the Mega plan.
- You can stream on 4 devices with the Crunchyroll Mega Plan.
• You must need to pay at least $ 79.99 per year to watch the anime with premium features.
Try Alternatives: Hidive vs Crunchyroll vs Funimation: Comparison
Is Crunchyroll free?
Yes, Crunchyroll is free, but you must purchase a premium membership to get the additional features.
Is Crunchyroll Premium worth it?
Yes, Crunchyroll Premium is worth it because Premium users have many advantages, such as no ads, early access to new episodes, etc.
Is Crunchyroll legal?
Yes, Crunchyroll offers legally licensed anime.
How to watch Crunchyroll without ads?
You need to purchase the Crunchyroll premium membership.
How to get Crunchyroll premium for free?
There is no official way to get Crunchyroll premium for free. You can access the 14-day trial of Crunchyroll premium for free.
What are the Crunchyroll alternatives?
These are the some best alternatives of Crunchyroll. 1. Netflix 2. Funimation 3. Hulu 4. Apple TV 5. Roku
What is better Crunchyroll or Funimation?
Crunchyroll has a bigger and better anime library than Funimation. However, Funimation is a better streaming platform for people who prefer to watch anime in English.
Finding the Best Apps to Watch Anime? Here are 13 Best Anime Apps for Android & iOS [Free, Paid] Crunchyroll vs Netflix: Which Is Best for Anime?