As you are already here, we assume that you are also facing the ASOS website not working issue. Issues such as the ASOS website not opening or launching, or there might be a website loading issue. So, what do you think, what might be the reason? To find out about ASOS website issues and fixes, keep reading this article and understand how you can eliminate them.
ASOS is an online fashion and cosmetic retailer that primarily aims at young adults and sells over 850 brands along with its own range of clothes and accessories.
You can search by size, color, type, brand, and price. So, it is your number-one online fashion destination! But what’s the catch? Although it is an excellent service, there are some issues with the return and refund process. Moreover, sometimes the website may not work correctly.
Why is ASOS Website Not Working?
Though there is no specific reason why the ASOS website is not loading or working properly, we can say that it can be due to the following reasons:
- Have a poor internet connection
- Website is down due to temporary service outages
- Website is not up to date
- You might have turned on your ad-blocker
- Website might be under maintenance
- You might be using a VPN
- You haven’t cleared your cache, and cookies
Is ASOS Website Down?
As mentioned earlier, ASOS website may be down due to temporary service outages. To find out if the ASOS website is down, search “Is ASOS down” on Google ,you can visit platforms like Downdetector, Updownradar, Isitownrightnow or Downstatus and check for outages in the last 24 hours.
If you see that the site is working correctly but you are still not able to access, then try one of the following troubleshooting steps that might help you get rid of the website not loading issue.
Check Twitter, Reddit & Forums
Visit Reddit, Twitter, Quora, and other forums to find out the causes and solutions to get rid of this issue. So, type in ‘ASOS website not working’ and search for any related articles.
Though you may not find the exact solution, you’ll at least know what others are doing when they are facing the same issue.
You can also visit social media platforms like Instagram or Facebook, where ASOS has an official; page or account, and see if anyone is talking about the ASOS website issues or if ASOS has updated any issue-related information.
How to Fix: ASOS Website Not Working
If you can’t find any information from different forums, follow the troubleshooting steps listed below.
Check your Internet Connection
Many times, the main problem is with the internet connection. And to find out if it is really an internet issue, check if other websites are working correctly.
If not, try to change your Network. For instance, if you are currently connected to Wi-Fi, try using the ASOS website using your mobile data and see if this fixes the issue.
Besides, you can also try to restart your router or modem by turning them off and, after a few minutes, turning it on again.
Clear Browsing Cache & Cookies
Cookies are files created by the sites you visit, making your online experience easier. And cache remembers parts of pages like images to help them open faster during your next visit.
Sometimes, it gets corrupted, which may prevent the site from working correctly. Therefore, you’ll need to delete your cache and cookies to fix the website not loading issues.
In order to clear or delete cache and cookies, follow these steps;
- Open Chrome and click More (three dots) at the top right corner
- Tap on More Tools and select Clear Browsing Data
- Now, choose a time range or simply select All time to delete everything
- Check the boxes next to Cached Images and Files and Cookies and Other Site Data and tap Clear data
Remember that by clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, some settings may get deleted, and some sites can seem slower because it has to load again.
- To clear history and cookies, go to Settings, tap Safari, and select Clear History and Website Data.
- To clear your cookies and store your history: Settings -> Safari -> Advanced Website Data -> Tap Remove All Website Data.
- If you want to visit sites without leaving a history, it is better to turn Private on Browsing
Remember that clearing your cookies, cache, and history from Safari won’t change your AutoFill information.
However, it’ll remove your browsing data, including frequently visited site list, list of items you’ve downloaded, recent searches, history of the web page you visited, and icons for web pages.
Reset your Browser
After clearing your browser’s cache and cookies, you’ll have to close your browser, reopen it, and revisit ASOS. Doing so will reset the browser’s status to where you prefer.
Check your Computer’s Time and Date Settings
Ensure that your device’s time and date are correct because if it is not correct, it may cause the ASOS website issues and prevent it from working properly.
So, to set your time and date in your computer, navigate to Start -> Settings -> Time & Language -> Date & Time. Now, change the date and time as desired and click the change button.
There is a possibility that you have enabled the ad-blocker option which prevents you from accessing the ASOS website. Therefore, disable it and see if this fixes the ASOS not working issue. Follow the steps;
- Open the Chrome browser and tap on the three-dot option at the top right corner
- Click on More tools options and select Extensions
- Now, Turn off the ad blocker extension
- Navigate to Settings and select Safari
- Now, under the General section, choose Content Blocker
- Then, toggle off the ad blocker and see if this helps
Try ASOS Alternatives: 10 Best Sites Like ASOS for Shopholics 
If you have enabled a VPN on your device, it can prevent the ASOS website or any other site from working correctly. Thus, it is recommended to disable it and try to reaccess the ASOS website.
- Navigate to Settings and tap on Network & Internet
- Choose VPN in the left-side menu
- Now, choose the VPN connection that you want to disable and select Disconnect
You can directly disable your VPN from the Settings, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to System Preferences and tap on Network
- Choose your VPN connection from the left panel
- Now, select Disconnect
Update your Browser
Having the latest version of your browser will protect you better against scams, viruses, and other threats. Also, it even fixes previous bugs or glitches in the browser.
So, if your browser is not up-to-date, it may cause the ASOS website issues, as the updated improved features of ASOS will not be supported.
Thus, update it to its latest version and see if this fixes the issue. Follow the steps:
- On your Android device, open the Play Store app and tap on the Profile icon
- Now, tap on Manage Apps & Device and find Chrome under Updates Available section
- Once find, select Update
- Open the Settings app and select General
- Now click Software Update
- Select Update
By doing so, it’ll download the latest version of your devices and the most updated version of Safari is also installed.
Use Another Browser
If you think that the browser you are currently using ASOS is causing the ASOS website issues, then you can try using another browser like Microsoft Edge, Safari, Chrome, or Firefox.
For instance, if you are currently using ASOS on Chrome, try using Edge, Safari, Firefox or vice-versa and see if this helps.
Restart your Device
If the above solutions don’t work, try restarting your device because sometimes, the issue might be with your device, which causes the ASOS website not loading issue. Besides, check for available updates on your device.
Wait for a While
If ASOS is not loading, there is a chance of some glitches or bugs in the ASOS website, or the service might be down. So, if the above solutions didn’t help, wait for a while till the issue is fixed on the ASOS’s side.
Contact ASOS Customer Service
If the issue persists and none of the above solutions help, all you can do is to get in touch with the ASOS’s customer care team and mention the following:
- As much detail as you can about the issue
- If there are any error messages, you can send a screenshot
- So far what you’ve done to get rid of this issue
- Lastly, which web browser (Firefox, Safari, Chrome, or Edge) are you using ASOS on.
To fix the ASOS website not working or website loading issues, check for a proper internet connection, update your device, use another browser or device, or wait until the problem gets fixed from the ASOS side.
Besides, check if you have a VPN enabled on your device. So, we hope the above article has helped you fix the ASOS website issue.